Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

Grant Holt wear Nike boot?

Can''t believe Holt change the boot, when he scored at Anfield he still wear UMBRO last week, but

yesterday is Nike? Do Nike sign him up? OH MY!

[img]http://www.pinkun.com/polopoly_fs/fil_norwich_blackburn_029_1_1112318!image/1060227285.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_490/1060227285.jpg

[/img]

Yeah when he warmed up in front of me he put his foot up on the advertising board and I noticed he was wearing tiempos, as was wessi yesterday. I don''t think he was sponsored by umbro I just think he was used to their boots and stuck with them. Most of the norwich players swap around and wear eachothers boots

Do you really think they wear each others boots? laughable they are premierleague players and will have sponsorship contracts most anyway especially players like holt. They will be told what to wear. SIlly girl

I know they rotate boots a lot then the first team pass "used" boots onto the U16 players to wear. By the term "used" it normally means they played 1-2 games or 2-3 training sessions in them.Oddly they are all wearing roughly size 9 boots.

@Nexus

I really can''t believe that because a boot is definitely known to be at its best from 3-5 games, 1-2 its just too new and tight...

Yes I do. I highly doubt many of our players have sponosorship deals. Morison is sponsored by puma I know that as a fact. But its not unknown for them to wear eachothers for the odd game early on in the season. I''m actually a boy and am interested in boots so I could go into details about our teams boot rotation occasionaly but you''ll probably moan saying something like "boots are irrelavant"

[quote user="Mrs Tierney"]. I''m actually a boy [/quote]and you use the name Mrs Tierny... something you''re not telling us sonny!?

I was pals with Keith O''Neil back in the late 90''s (he frequented the London clubs I DJ''ed at quite often - he liked a night out did our Keet ;0) )...and he told me a story that in our of our many I''ll fated lower opposition league cup games (Barnet away 98?) he wasn''t in the squad but travelled down with the team anyway; without his kit bag. Someone then got injured in the warm up and he was added to the subs but was told it was unlikely he was going to play. Sean Devine scored a brace, we were losing by the odd goal and they brought him on in the 2nd half...with Bryan Gunns boots on (2? sizes too big, with 3 pairs of socks on! He played crap BTW (as did the other 11 that day)

So the boot changes do happen albeit not under the circumstances above.

I want some of what yous are on.  Hoolahan and Holt have the same size feet?[:^)]ROFL!

I can''t remember where I heard this (and don''t shoot me because the story will be very vague as I can only remember the gist of it) but I think it may have been on local radio (up here in the north east).  I can''t remember the player''s name but I think he played for Sunderland and transferred to a bigger club.  Anyway it was back in the 70''s and they were saying that this player always wore a certain type of boot but with his rise up the game came offers of sponsorship etc and one of them was a boot deal.  He agreed to the boot deal but had no intention of changing the boots he loved to play in so what he did was to get someone to sew the manufacturers logo onto his old boots, apparently the sponsors were none the wiser!

they were both wearing the same type of boot, not one pair used between them both in different games. interesting stories though!

[quote user="Cappsy"]they were both wearing the same type of boot, not one pair used between them both in different games. interesting stories though![/quote]Why have you changed your name Mrs Tierney?

because of the numerous questions about my name being Mrs Tierney. just easier as people are too critical on here (not a dig at you)

One player I know (not at Norwich by the way) gets all his boots provided as part of his contract with his agent....basically they''re on tap for him when he wants them...don''t know if it''s a deal with Nike or a deal that Nike have with the Sports Agency who represent him, anyway for him Nike boots/shoes etc just grow on trees....

oh yeah definitely, i''m just saying to the guy further up that not many norwich players will have boot sponsorships. you get some players who play for established prem teams who are have no boot sponosorship. we may have one or two but we won''t have many (yet). charlie adam for example, he wouldn''t of got a sponsorship with adidas until everyone recognised him about half way through the season as being a good player.

not sure on that one cappsy...I was pals with a Barnet player (later played for 1p5wich :0/) who had a boot deal, and I''m pretty sure most of the team did too. I''d say ever player in the prem has a boot deal...prob the championship too.

Well make of it what you will, I know some of the U16 one of which plays in the boots owned by one of our first team 11.He told me about boot rotation, sure hes only 16 but why would he lie ? Hes already on his way to becoming a pro.