Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Best club badge

Following the daft "best shirt" award recently handed to NCFC, I did some lateral thinking and wondered who had the best club badge in the Premiership.

Ours is not bad, quite simple whilst some are a bit elaborate.

One thing I noticed, there are quite a few clubs who, like us, have a bird on their badge.

"Pointless" question name all these clubs. There is one pointless answer, I am sure of it. I will personally contribute ten pounds to the charity of choice of the first to get it right.

I''m a fan of Newcastle''s and Man City''s. Not a fan of Wolves, Wigan and Stoke.

In fact their is a minor correlation with the current league positions of the clubs and my taste for their badge. Top to bottom, good to bad.

Going with 6 clubs with birds on their crest: Man City, Norwich, West Brom, Tottenham, Liverpool and Swansea.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

"Pointless" question name all these clubs. There is one pointless answer, I am sure of it. I will personally contribute ten pounds to the charity of choice of the first to get it right.

[/quote]off the top of my head...Norwich cityLiverpoolBristol CitySwindonAldershotSpursnewcastleCardiffBrightonWBA Dagenham and Redbridge (look closely)CrawleyAFC wimbledonchester CityThere are lots more.. i cant remember them all.Best badge in the leagues? dagenhams

Bolton''s is rubbish. I am a bit biased but I have always liked ours, you can see it a mile off and It takes me back to my childhood days when we all used swap the football stickers - getting the lovely shiny Norwich badge was the best feeling ever.

[quote user="Bovril"]I''m a fan of Newcastle''s and Man City''s. Not a fan of Wolves, Wigan and Stoke. In fact their is a minor correlation with the current league positions of the clubs and my taste for their badge. Top to bottom, good to bad. Going with 6 clubs with birds on their crest: Man City, Norwich, West Brom, Tottenham, Liverpool and Swansea.[/quote]

B----r, the first entrant got it right. I honestly thought Manchester City''s would have stumped everybody (a phoenix.)

A Manchester City fan was on the site. Oh well! Charity of your choice Bovril?

The rest are fairly obvious, but I cannot work out Liverpool''s.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

off the top of my head...

Norwich city
Liverpool
Bristol City
Swindon
Aldershot
Spurs
newcastle
Cardiff
Brighton
WBA
Dagenham and Redbridge (look closely)
Crawley
AFC wimbledon
chester City

There are lots more.. i cant remember them all.

Best badge in the leagues? dagenhams
[/quote]

All those? What''s this obession with birds?

[quote user="Bovril"]A local charity of your choice in the Kent region broadstairs.[/quote]

Will do. The next time I visit Tescos a tenner will go into one of the usual collections.

What I quite like about our badge is there is no words/letters/numbers on the badge at all. Quite like the simplicity of it. Am I right in thinking only us and Wolves have a badge with no letters or numbers on it in all 4 English divisions?

"Out of interest. Without checking I think Man City are the only club in the Prem League with the â„¢ sign on their crest."

nope!

the badge probably is trademarked, as is, i would imagine, every club crest that isn`t the town/city coat of arms. norwich`s badge will be. but it doesn`t appear on any badge that i own (and between the scarves, enamel pins etc etc i`ve got a few!)

I heard the bird trivia a few weeks ago, got them all pretty quickly, apart from Swansea, which is possibly the most obvious of the lot, given that half of the name is a bird.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[quote user="Bovril"]I''m a fan of Newcastle''s and Man City''s. Not a fan of Wolves, Wigan and Stoke. In fact their is a minor correlation with the current league positions of the clubs and my taste for their badge. Top to bottom, good to bad. Going with 6 clubs with birds on their crest: Man City, Norwich, West Brom, Tottenham, Liverpool and Swansea.[/quote]

B----r, the first entrant got it right. I honestly thought Manchester City''s would have stumped everybody (a phoenix.)

A Manchester City fan was on the site. Oh well! Charity of your choice Bovril?

The rest are fairly obvious, but I cannot work out Liverpool''s.

[/quote]Can''t work out what?  What kind of bird it is?  It''s a liver bird of course [:)]

[quote user="exiled blue"]"Out of interest. Without checking I think Man City are the only club in the Prem League with the â„¢ sign on their crest."

nope!

the badge probably is trademarked, as is, i would imagine, every club crest that isn`t the town/city coat of arms. norwich`s badge will be. but it doesn`t appear on any badge that i own (and between the scarves, enamel pins etc etc i`ve got a few!)[/quote]That doesn''t make sense.

off the top of my head and a google search ;0) you can add...

Bradford city (the bantam)

Notts county (magpies)

My favourite badge is the Leeds curvy "LU" badge from the 60''s/70''s...Brum''s World and football one is pretty original and classy...shame about both clubs though eh?

Totally pointless thread on a NORWICH CITY FC forum!

The Norwich badge is great end off!

Anyone of the "grass is greener" persausion who thinks that we need a new badge design can F off cause they are dreaming!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Totally pointless thread on a NORWICH CITY FC forum!

The Norwich badge is great end off!

Anyone of the "grass is greener" persausion who thinks that we need a new badge design can F off cause they are dreaming!

[/quote]

A bit serious Mr. G.R. disaster.

The thread was never meant to be serious, but just light relief before the hand wringing starts again tomorrow.

Nobody in this thread said the slightest thing against our badge. I, for one,  like it.

Sheff Weds who have an owl

Crystal Palace an eagle

Walsall a swift

and

Torquay are the Gulls, but I don''t think they have one on the shirt ...

...........probably plenty of the other stuff similarly spelt like ''shirt'' splattered everywhere else though

[quote user="exiled blue"]"Out of interest. Without checking I think Man City are the only club in the Prem League with the â„¢ sign on their crest." nope! the badge probably is trademarked, as is, i would imagine, every club crest that isn`t the town/city coat of arms. norwich`s badge will be. but it doesn`t appear on any badge that i own (and between the scarves, enamel pins etc etc i`ve got a few!)[/quote]

Couple of questions,

Why the three stars? And what is the relevance of the ship?

"don`t brighton have a seagull on their crest?. "

yes,

that''s why jas put them on his list

third post on the thread

so the pedant in you went on google images and found an example with a TM on it, well done you.

every club badge will be a registered trademark.

but i can assure you that the manchester city badge on the shirts,t-shirts,keyrings,footballs,bedding, wallpaper, pens,team pics,hats,scarves, children`s clothing,air fresheners,mini-kits for cars,calenders,posters,replica wear and anything else you care to buy, does NOT have the trademark symbol on it.