Sign in to follow this  
DOGGER

Villa Predictions??

Tough one to call, i''m going 2-1 win - Morison & BarnettLike to see Holt start with Bennett on bench, Wes on the wing

1-1 or 2-2 draw. Difficult game, could see both sides possibly nicking it, so a score draw seems fair.

Morison/Holt before Jackson at the moment, but he''s shown that he is definitely worth trying as another alternative if/when required.

1-1.  Bent to put them in the lead and we will score the equaliser late on coming from Morison.

I think we might see 4-4-2 with Pilkington on the right, Hoolahan on the left, Crofts and Johnson in the centre with Holt and Morison up front.

3-1 Villa.

Our defence is poor and our goalkeeper''s a liability.

Saturday could be the start of the inevitable slippery slope down the league.

this one`s away isn`t it?. totally objectively,

3-1 villa. i think they`ll just have too much for you, if it was at carrow rd i`d put you as slight favourites.

It''s a tough ask to expect anything more than a point at Villa Park, but this team has a habit of rising above expectations.

Every point away from home is a bonus this season so I''d be delighted with that. I am a bit fearful after Blackburn.

I think we''ll just miss out on the points in this one.

2-1 to Villa I''m afraid.

I expect Villa to finish just in the top half and will have too much experience for us. I hope I''m proved wrong.

[quote user="swjf50"]I think we''ll just miss out on the points in this one. 2-1 to Villa I''m afraid. I expect Villa to finish just in the top half and will have too much experience for us. I hope I''m proved wrong.[/quote]

remind me of how much experience L-pool had, Never ever write us off, Not alls well with The VILE, fans have turned thier backs on them, I''m going for an important away win for us

A glance at the tables tells us the villa are below us and we have played some good sides. They seem to draw a good few, so 1-1 or we nick a 2-1

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="swjf50"]I think we''ll just miss out on the points in this one. 2-1 to Villa I''m afraid. I expect Villa to finish just in the top half and will have too much experience for us. I hope I''m proved wrong.[/quote]

remind me of how much experience L-pool had, Never ever write us off, Not alls well with The VILE, fans have turned thier backs on them, I''m going for an important away win for us

[/quote]

I hate that kind of attitude pete_norw, your essentially telling people they can''t predict a negative result for us. I''m as optimistic as they come as you will soon see from my prediction, but to tell people ''not to write us off'' is just silly. We all know how well we have done, but that doesn''t mean we are going to beat Villa, or anyone else if someone isn''t confidant in a NCFC victory, then fair enough not too many teams will expect a victory at Villa. This isn''t aimed just at you, there was someone else moaning at people predicting a loss at Liverpool, its not a condition of being a NCFC fan that you have to predict a win for every game. Its quite obvious we aren''t going to win every game, and if people think Villa away is one of those games were not going to win, then fair enough.

But my prediction, 1-0 win :)

I think after letting in 3 at Blackburn, Lambert will have been focusing all week and being tight at the back, and we will see our first clean sheet of the season, with Hoolahan finally scoring (I think i''ve said Hoolahan to score nearly every week...).

I think Villa are in a bit of a false position to be honest and I wouldn''t be at all surprised to see them finishing the season at the lower end of mid-table. I watched their home game against WBA online (I was on bed rest for the weekend and had picked Villa as part of my football bet for the weekend. Don''t judge me [;)]) and was struck by just how poor they looked. They were a little unlucky in that the red card given to Herd was pretty farcical but they deserved to be down to ten men for Hutton''s assault on Shane Long. They just loked to be playing a particularly joyless brand of football which seems to be par for the course for teams managed by Alex McLeish.

If you look at their results Villa haven''t really beaten anyone of any note yet (their only wins have came against Wigan and Blackburn) and although you could maybe say the same about us I would argue that our performances against Chelsea and United were much more impressive than theirs against Man City. I don''t know what the fans opinion of Mcleish is now that they are ten games into the season but I haven''t seen too much to suggest that he is starting to win them over. If we get an early goal then I can see the crowd getting on their backs just like Wolves'' fans did against Swansea recently. They will be expecting to turn us over comfortably and may well be surprised by just how confident our players are in their own ability.

Villa 1 (Bent) Norwich 3 (Hoolahan, Pilkington, Holt)

Like your confidence shack, though to be honest if the only Norwich game you had watched was ours against West Brom you might think we suck too.

Villa supporting mate of mine says he''s already given up on them. So I''m, a bit more confident than I might have been.

1-1 draw I reckon. Is it wrong that I''d quite like it to be 0-0? Feel we could do with getting that clean sheet.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote] I hate that kind of attitude pete_norw, your essentially telling people they can''t predict a negative result for us. I''m as optimistic as they come as you will soon see from my prediction, but to tell people ''not to write us off'' is just silly. We all know how well we have done, but that doesn''t mean we are going to beat Villa, or anyone else if someone isn''t confidant in a NCFC victory, then fair enough not too many teams will expect a victory at Villa. This isn''t aimed just at you, there was someone else moaning at people predicting a loss at Liverpool, its not a condition of being a NCFC fan that you have to predict a win for every game. Its quite obvious we aren''t going to win every game, and if people think Villa away is one of those games were not going to win, then fair enough. But my prediction, 1-0 win :) I think after letting in 3 at Blackburn, Lambert will have been focusing all week and being tight at the back, and we will see our first clean sheet of the season, with Hoolahan finally scoring (I think i''ve said Hoolahan to score nearly every week...).[/quote]

Talk about word twisting.

Word twisting?

''remind me of how much experience L-pool had, Never ever write us off,''

What else is that supposed to mean?

This is a prediction thread, where people have 3 options; Win, Draw or Loss and then a scoreline. Telling someone to ''Never write us off'' after someone predicts a Villa win, why do you need to say that? Its not like the person wants Villa to win, he just thinks they will, its one of three options. And saying that is essentially telling them there not allowed to predict a Villa win...

We have picked up two great points in the last 2 games, where performances have not been at their peak. I can see Lambert making a few changes on Saturday.

I think we will get at least a point.

Not sure who is fit, but may be a centre back in, Martin to right back, Crofts for Johnson, and Holt for Bennett, maybe but probably not Jackson for Morrison.

Tough game, and probably even tougher than Man Utd and Chelsea as these will take us more seriously, as Blackburn did last weekend. Last time I saw us lose away was at Leyton Orient! Ive only been to 10 away games since then, but hopefully that carries on! I''m going with a 2-2 draw, with Bent and Agbonlahor for them and Fox and Morisson for us. It''s one of those games which could go either way

pete_norw, I don''t want to sound like i''m having a go at you, and if thats not what you mean''t by your comments then i''m sorry.

Its just there seems to be this divide, some people on here were getting quite annoyed that people weren''t 100% satisfied with a 3-3 draw against bottom of the league Blackburn at home, and we shouldn''t expect to win, were always under dogs etc etc. And then others seem to get slightly annoyed if anyone suggests we might lose a game, its just really strange. Surely the whole point of a prediction thread, is to say what you think the result is going to be. And as i said in my last post there is 3 options, ones going to be more likely than the others, but essentially any of the 3 can happen. And we all know how well we have been playing this season...