Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Anthony 'Beckham' Pilkington

Hardly seen any mention on here of Pilkington''s brilliant free-kick yesterday. Have to say that when it comes to crossing and free kicks Pilks really does seem like a spit of Beckham.

His cross at Liverpool for Holt''s goal was just like Beckham. He was wide on the touch line, took just one touch to get the ball out of his feet and then whipped a perfectly directed ball in with real pace that is a nightmare for the defence to deal with. His free kick yesterday was reminiscent of Beckham at his best.

In fact I don''t think I can remember a better free kick by a City player.

only seen highlights of every game so far but he seems to be getting better every single game, you can see why Huddersfield were sad to see him leave

I agree he is improving every game and is a very valuable asset with the ability with both feet and genuine quality.

Wish he had taken some freekicks when Fox was on.

But great free kick, great free kick against a great goalkeeper.

Very impressed by him and he is scoring. He is looking the part in this league.

Still seen some amazing free kicks by Norwich players but we haven''t had many players who score from outside the area. Certainly Benno and Pilky can, just want them to go for it.

Very impressed by the young man.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

"Bend it like Pilkington."

Doesn''t have the same ring about it, but it will do.

[/quote]"Ping it like Pilks" [:)]

Don''t insult Anthony by comparing him to that over-rated tosser!!

Pilks has pace and a lot more to his general game than one dimensional Beckham who can only cross and hit 40yard passes, he struggles with short passing, is slow as anything and could only get on the scoresheet from set-pieces.

does anyone know why pilkington didnt really celebrate his goal? when he scored his others he looked really happy, but this goal was much better and he looked quite depressed about it.

David Beckham only scores from set-pieces, really?I look through yellow and green glasses as much as the next person but I think if you''re saying that Pilks is currently a better player than David Beckham was in his prime, you probably need help!     

I said a month ago that he didn''t look 100% fit - he certainly does now, what a player!!!Pilks is improving with each game and his free kick was a wonder-goal and as was said his crossing in the Liverpool game was "seb larson-esque" - to make it more current!At the moment, he is our best player - simple as. Hope the shoppers don''t come knocking in jan.