Sign in to follow this  
Captain Controversy

Lambert. stop making the same mistake...

David Fox simply cannot be dropped. He provides the balance and calm to the midfield and to a degree our very shaky defence.

On that note, I would drop one of the cbs now. Neither have been that great, and I hope we.strengthen there in January.

[quote user="Captain Controversy"]David Fox simply cannot be dropped. He provides the balance and calm to the midfield and to a degree our very shaky defence. On that note, I would drop one of the cbs now. Neither have been that great, and I hope we.strengthen there in January.[/quote]

Before Yesterday, Barnett was the 11th best center back in the Opta stats. I don''t think he was suited to Yesterdays game because Bent and Agbonlahor have 10 times more pace than him, and if I was Lambert I''d had taken him off and brought on De Laet, as RDL has alot more pace than LB.

I like Russell Martin and think hes done well at CB but his lack of quality in that postion in the Premiership is becoming more evident with every game. But hes been better than De Laet and Whitbread were before and Whitbreads always crocked anyway. Add in new boy Ayalas who injured and Ward who hasn''t been seen this term then it becomes aparent R Martins our best option at CB.

New CB in January is a must!

Fox was p*ss poor against Blackburn last week and we have other options in that position so dropping him was no shock though Fox proved yesterday hes very important for the team!

Fox hasn''t been playing to the high standards he set for himself last year, however yesterday really showed how weak our midfield is without him fizzing the passes about and keeping the ball moving.

I wouldn''t be surprised to see Russell Martin move to RB and De Laet back into the back 4 against Arsenal. Something needs to be done because 6 goals in 2 games, and very poor defending for at least 4 of those 6 goals has been our downfall lately.

de laet is a really good centre back for 85 minutes of the games, the only problem is he seems to always make 1 costly error every game, maybe now he has spent some time on the bench he may of learnt his lesson.

Grantroeder - he was skinned by Victor Moses who would give Usain Bolt a run for his money - Naughton was skinned just as often by Agbonlahor, a player of similar ilk yesterday.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

I like Russell Martin and think hes done well at CB but his lack of quality in that postion in the Premiership is becoming more evident with every game. But hes been better than De Laet and Whitbread were before and Whitbreads always crocked anyway. Add in new boy Ayalas who injured and Ward who hasn''t been seen this term then it becomes aparent R Martins our best option at CB.

New CB in January is a must!

Fox was p*ss poor against Blackburn last week and we have other options in that position so dropping him was no shock though Fox proved yesterday hes very important for the team!

[/quote]But in January we should have Ayala, Ward, Whitbread, Barnett, De Laet/R.Martin all fit. Do we really need a 7th/8th CB option? I think that if we''re going to sign another CB, one of them would have to go.