Sign in to follow this  
no1canary

an idea

i know this is a very hard thing to do. but if every norwich fan donates say £10, nige will have about another 500k to play with. if some people gave more than £10 that wud be great. give £20 each and thats £1m. with so little to us, it could mean a hell of a lot for norwich.

what a great idea, i''d certainly donate 20-30 quid. The club should set this up asap.

[quote]i know this is a very hard thing to do. but if every norwich fan donates say £10, nige will have about another 500k to play with. if some people gave more than £10 that wud be great. give £20 each and...[/quote]

I can''t say too much James, as I''ve ''gagged'' myself!.

But I can and will say this, just why the hell should I?.

Trust and loyality is a two way thing you know. 

if the moderating team is reading this, put it up on the main site. is there a way we can donate something to the club online?

[quote]if the moderating team is reading this, put it up on the main site. is there a way we can donate something to the club online?[/quote]

We read everything! If the club comes up with anything official then we will. Anyone from NCISA out there who can tell us if they have anything under way?

I think we''ve done this before with the rights issue and the fact that we didn''t cash in our preference shares. A football club should be run as a business and not a charity.

If it''s all the same with you I''ll give my contribution to the charity appeal for South East Asia.

its only an idea. its great if u give money to other charitys, and well done. i just want us to stay up so much, i want to help. at these times i really wish i was a millionnaire.

i heard on the radio today that he said he will NOT be buying scowcoft. the donation thing could also be a ''bring ashton to norwich'' donation. worthy has said he wants him, so we should get him. 

why not donate 20 to City and 20 to South east asia?

NY Canary

www.nycanaries.com

Last year at the time of the rights issue I gave some money to the supporters trust (as I already own some shares and didnt particulary want to buy more) for them to buy shares for the "fans" and put pressure on the club to put it towards transfers.

just an idea.

we really need it to be put up on all the norwich sites. pinkun, EDP, norwich site etc. and it needs to be done, quick. theres no point in us getting the money in february.

because norwich wont buy anyone counting on fans to give them money in the future. they''ll need the money before they buy.

The thing is, while this is a good idea it isn''t up to us to try and buy the club a striker. The club should be doing this anyway! You have to remember as i''m sure many do the 2 share issues which have helped the club and the current 1.2 million we have to spend which comes completely from the fans.

I am simply not buying the line that us spending £3 million for ashton and then us getting relegated will send the club spiraling down a black hole never to be seen again. Like has been said better off sending your money to the poor people in South East Asia or Africa.

The problem with football is the financial structure of the game, the haves and have nots. How many of the clubs in the top four divisions operate at a profit? How many times have fans been asked to bail out their clubs? The FA and the Premiership bury their heads in the sand and don''t sort out the underlying problem of financial disparity ...... they have a monopoly position and encourage financial irresponsibility in order to achieve the enormous financial returns of the premiership otherwise you face the begging bowl of the fizzy pop league ..... if clubs do get into financial trouble they are now rewarded with a points deduction (see Wrexham) .... encouraged to gamble and then get clobbered if you fail ..... we need a sensible league structure, a better distribution of the television money, Premiership status needs to stop being the be-all-and-end-all, clubs need to be run as viable businesses not the fans constantly bailing them out .... and before someone says it  yes it probably means we have far too many professional clubs in the English and Scottish leagues (two clubs in cities the size of Sheffield, Nottingham, Edinburgh etc.) .....

Still we have an FA run by the likes of Mr 5p in the pound from down the road, which means that this shortsighted view will continue and in the end the fans will suffer both financially and emotionally as clubs slowly wither and die ........ In the short term yes we can treat OUR club to a striker but the reasons behind our desperate desire to do this and stay up runs far deeper and one day soon football needs to put its house in order .........

Exactly the player should dip in they earn more in a week than i earn in a year , i think i pay my fair share with 2 season tickets in the family and loads of norwich fc goodies spent over xmas i would like a little left for other things in life and at the end of the day the players earn silly money so no dipping in my pocket to fill there''s. 

as i said if u dont want to do it fine. the number of people doing it wud have to be in 1000''s if it were to succeed even £5 wud be something if everyone chipped in. but once again, this is only an idea, and i wud understand if u didn''t want to.

you can''t donate money to a charity and then dictate how they spend it.otherwise you''d have an ashton fund, a harweood fund etc etc and not enough in one pot for the designated purchase.we provide for the club with the money we pay for tickets, refreshments , merchandise etcit would be like giving money to the homeless on the condition they don''t buy a chocolate bar.p..s also is ashton worth £2M anyway ? he could be another Zamora. better to trust the professionals rather than knee-jerk supporters.

Great idea James,apart from that was tried before & The Board & The Manager did not want us spending our money on them.

Dont you think we give them enough money every season?

Anyway if the big fat cats at City who get payed a fortune looking after our club & finances every day cant somehow muster up the money then why the hell should we?

Im not going to go all into the finaces of what we recieved for promotion & sky tv apearences & our debts but i cannot see the sense of why we had to have the corner infill done & dusted this season! The money would have been far better spent on players this season & us keeping in the Prem.

What use is a half empty ground next season in the fizzy league???

i know it is a long shot and wud require a massive backing, but i believe it can be done. and im sure there are people out there who wud give alot to sign a player.

[quote]i know it is a long shot and wud require a massive backing, but i believe it can be done. and im sure there are people out there who wud give alot to sign a player.[/quote]

Why not put a twist on it? anybody that puts £20 towards it has there name put in a hat and the person drawn gets the new corner infill stand named after them. for example " The canary known as Travolta, infill stand ". Me likes. this gives something back to the fans.

Why should we?

We gave the 1.2m by now redeeming shares, we donated during the Huckerby saga, why should we do it again?

hy don''t the board put their hands in THEIR pockets instead.

Yes thats true but look how good Huckerby has done for us, wasn''t it worth it?I believe if the fans giving some money towards the club is what it takes to stay up then we should do it. Also the board should get some out of their own pockets as well, i agree with that.

Having been away and thought about this further I think we need to draw the distinction between a cash gift to the club and buying shares. For many of us the shares we have bought have, or certainly should, be seen as cash we''ve written off. We have no real power what so ever on the back of these shares.

However the idea of the supporters trust makes sense should the club seek to raise further funds via a rights issue. The fans have a squad number, the next step could be to secure a place on the board and a real say in the running of the club. Football is about the fans but it is also a business (the worst run industry in the UK) we shouldn''t see our cash donations as charity we should use them to seek some say in the affairs of the club.