Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

As I got it, so I give it to you!

A pal of mine who has contacts in the media understands that we have made preliminary enquiries for the following players for January:

Jordan Rhodes (Huddersfield)

Robert Snodgrass (Leeds)

Sebastian Coates (Liverpool) - loan

Leon Britton (Swansea)

And that we''re exploring three other un-named players - from the Irish League, the German Bundesliga plus an experienced back up goalkeeper (on loan/short term contract) who''s apparently available domestically.

I reckon Coates and Britton would be excellent additions for the run in. Not sure about the others.

What say you?

OTBC**

** And another ''pal'' said to me last night - ''that means Off The Boil City recently, mate!!!!''

We certainly need to do something. I think PL has been very unlucky having a couple of his new signings pick up quite serious injuries - we have seen virtually nothing of Vaughan and Ayala. We''ve also had injuries to our stalwarts from last season. I was only thinking yesterday, looking at our bench that we''d be severely disadvantaged if any of our regular starters got injured - and then off goes Johnson ..... :-(

[quote user="Herman "]Interesting.Any defenders amongst that lot?[/quote]

Co-at-es.

Urugayan central defender. Young (20/21) with one Scottish parent. Cost them about 7m, but apparently not near the first team yet

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Herman "]Interesting.Any defenders amongst that lot?[/quote]

Co-at-es.

Urugayan central defender. Young (20/21) with one Scottish parent. Cost them about 7m, but apparently not near the first team yet

OTBC

[/quote]

He really isn''t that much different to what we''ve got then.Maybe one to keep an eye on for next season.

I know it would go against the PL grain, but I think I''d like to see a couple of really established Prem players come in. Surely they aren''t all primadonnas who''d upset the dressing-room dynamics? I just think it would help us as the going gets tough.

I''d imagine most clubs would be interesed in signing Jordan Rhodes so that''d be no surprise!

We were interested in Snodgrass in the summer but Ken Bates overpriced him and we ended up getting 2 decent wingers for half the price Leeds were asking for him!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

A pal of mine who has contacts in the media understands that we have made preliminary enquiries for the following players for January:

Sebastian Coates (Liverpool) - loan[/quote]

As Wiz says, why would we be looking to loan a player when we know we can''t loan any more?

Your pal would seem to be unreliable.

PLEASE say the Rhodes one is true! I''ve been saying most of this season he would be a very good Lambert style signing, and I think he could make the step up like his old team mate Pilkington

[quote user="First Wizard"]We''re maxed out on loans...next.[/quote]

If we buy our existing loanees, we can get two more

[quote user="Number 9"][quote user="First Wizard"]We''re maxed out on loans...next.[/quote] If we buy our existing loanees, we can get two more[/quote]

Quite so.

Now what do Lappinitup and Wiz have to say................ next?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Number 9"][quote user="First Wizard"]We''re maxed out on loans...next.[/quote] If we buy our existing loanees, we can get two more[/quote]Quite so. Now what do Lappinitup and Wiz have to say................ next?[/quote]

If my aunty had balls.....she''d be my uncle.

Now, why didn''t your pal tell you which of the loanees were signing on a permanent deal? [^o)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Number 9"][quote user="First Wizard"]We''re maxed out on loans...next.[/quote] If we buy our existing loanees, we can get two more[/quote]
Quite so. Now what do Lappinitup and Wiz have to say................ next?[/quote]

Now, why didn''t your pal tell you which of the loanees were signing on a permanent deal? [^o)]

[/quote]

Simple. Because my pal doesn''t know that detail.

It''s all to do with strategy &permutations and combinations. Or is that beyond you and Wiz?

OTBC

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Number 9"][quote user="First Wizard"]We''re maxed out on loans...next.[/quote] If we buy our existing loanees, we can get two more[/quote]
Quite so. Now what do Lappinitup and Wiz have to say................ next?[/quote]

[/quote]

Simple. Because my pal doesn''t know that detail.

It''s all to do with strategy &permutations and combinations. Or is that beyond you and Wiz?

OTBC

Wiz we can get short term loans in, in january. Only a max of 2 season loans from domestic league

[quote user="marvin the martian"]Why would Swansea want to sell Britton, and why would he want to come here ?[/quote]

Who knows...............he''s a Londoner, so maybe he''s fed up of Wales? Or he has more confidence in Lambert than Rodgers? Or maybe he fell in love with Delia on TV? Or maybe he spent many happy years of his youth holidaying on the Norfolk Broads and spending his pocket money at Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach?

Who knows - maybe he has a girlfriend from Happisburgh? Or mayb he just finds that green and yellow suit his complexion?

OTBC 

[quote user="marvin the martian"]Why would Swansea want to sell Britton, and why would he want to come here ?[/quote]

Why?

Because we are currently in a better position than Swansea, because he doesn''t like living in Wales, because we would presumably if interested offer him a higher wage..