Sign in to follow this  
canarycol

villa fans

Just got back from villa park and even though we got beat by the odd goal in 5 I have to say that I was proud once again to be a canary fan today the support was amazing once again unlike the villa fans who never really got into making any noise until they had scored three goals in fact there was so many empty spaces there it should put the villa to shame so CITY FANS YOU DID YOUR TEAM PROUD ONCE AGAIN

On The Ball City

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/nov/04/aston-villa-falling-crowds?INTCMP=SRCHhttp://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/nov/04/aston-villa-falling-crowds?INTCMP=SRCH

[quote user="Cappsy"]think the empty seats are because of McLeish being in charge[/quote]That reason in itself is pathetic!I (and almost every other Canary) wouldn''t stop going to games because they don''t like the manager. I think McLeish isn''t a bad manager anyway. Take out Bent and Agbonlahor and their team is pretty poor.

I am too just back from Villa. The alst away game I was at was Wigan and I must say I forgot how much noise we can make! I would be embarrassed had I have been a Villa supporter.

Ok so they might not be selling their allocation but if we werent there it would have been like sitting in a library as our fans faithfully were happy to point out...

"Is this a library?!"

I thought Villa fans were pathetic today, absolutely silent except 5mins after their 3rd, and as soon as the clock ticked over onto 85 minutes MOST of their fans left. It was like total exodus, pathetic.

im a villa fan, hat off to you guys sung pretty much most the game fair play.

i agree our ground is vastly atmospheric as library(highbury), mcleish fans have stayed away, not doing great, these fans also only come when we playing well.

the fans that are there now are the true fans, i stayed till the end and got behind the lads, never leave till the final whistle

Villa have been a comfortable permanant fixture in the top flight/Premiership since 1988 so thats why their fans aren''t as full on as we are and they wouldn''t see Norwich as being one of their top fixtures. I''m sure if we were in the same boat then we''d be nullifyed as well.

The crowd yesterday was 35,000 which is good but Villa Park holds 42,000 so 7000 empty seats will be noticed! 

[quote user="bradders"]yeha i know that, yesterday was the biggest crowd we had this season[/quote]

Had Villa not been so greedy with the cost of away tickets you could have seen perhaps a crowd of around 38.000, My family are all in the B-ham area and split between Villa B-ham and Albion. and my Nephew Villa fan has said, They can see them going down this season They rely on Bent far to much,  many of his friends have returned Season tickets,   

It`s a nice ground when you get into the stand and look around, big but with a traditional feel to it. If Villa were on a role I imagine the atmosphere could be pretty hot there, unlike yesterday! But the concourse at the back of the upper away area was terrible, far too small and crowded, not enough bogs and worst of all no booze! Listening to the local Villa radio call in on the way home, lots of moaning even though they`d won, the manager has got a huge job there.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]It`s a nice ground when you get into the stand and look around, big but with a traditional feel to it. If Villa were on a role I imagine the atmosphere could be pretty hot there, unlike yesterday! But the concourse at the back of the upper away area was terrible, far too small and crowded, not enough bogs and worst of all no booze! Listening to the local Villa radio call in on the way home, lots of moaning even though they`d won, the manager has got a huge job there.[/quote]

It will be very interesting to see crowd on May 13th, and wether Mac and Grant have still got jobs.? Think we should charge £60 for away fans that day, Can we  be greedy as well,.

we sell out pretty much every away day and as we have u on last away and game of season, alot of villa be down for weeekend. £40 is what we charge any fans, r u trying to say we are money grabbers in referring to ticket prices. we charge out own the same so doesnt really matter. yeah it will take along time for majority of fans to side with mcleish

but i personally think its good business for us to have him, over time he will come good but its just if fans believe that too and give him a chance and stop remember where his previous employment was.

fact he won a cup with a shit team so why cant he do it with a bright young english squad

The Villa support was pathetic, heard absolutely nothing from their infamous Holte End which is supposed to seat their most vocal fans...we were making all the noise in the ground all game. When I was leaving Villa Park, I overheard a few Villa fans as I walked past them saying how impressed they were with our support...makes me proud to be a City fan. The noise we were making yesterday was brilliant.

We sat with the Villa fans and it was silent.  We also got asked for a fight by some middle aged nob in front of us (who was with his dad and son!) just because we were Norwich fans.  We weren''t being vocal and didn''t even celebrate when we scored, just chatting amongst ourselves.We obviously told him where to go and pointed out that they should be happy to have us in as they looked like they needed to fill the seats!Needless to say, I won''t be going back anytime soon.

it was the training day fans were able to by seats for a £10 and other special offers. we gave the army 1000 and council workers we able to get £10 tickets. there wasnt a 4 for 40 deal

Bradders, tbh i`m only going by what people are posting on here but someone else has posted that it was £45 for two adults and two kids?

I can''t help but wonder whether Bent and/or Agbonlahor would be a better bet for Liverpool than Carroll and dare I say it more effective than Kuyt.  Liverpool haven''t had a goal poacher who scores regularly since Fowler and before him Rush.  I think that Bent would score regularly for Liverpool and Agbonlahor on current form would be very effective in the Liverpool team.

Should either of them leave Villa I can not see the other one hanging round for long.