Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Chris Martin...

Why isn''t he on the bench anymore?

For the last few games he has been out of the match day squad, but has played at least one reserve game in that time, so wasn''t injured then at least...

He''s playing reserve games in the hole which is traditionally Wes role. Basically he is  being retrained to play in this position. Doubt we will see much of him until the tail end of the year depending on how he responds to the position change.

Chris Martin probably doesn''t like anyone to be honest....

Surely if he''s learning to play Hoolahan''s role, he should be on the bench to play that should he need to if Hoolahan got injured or something during a game. And he''s a better player than Wilbraham, who we don''t really need on the bench when we have Holt and Morison...

Dunno, if the Morrison rumor is true then maybe the Lambert feels the friction is not needed in the first team ? We have seen him be ruthless with players before, even the Colchester Village fans complained that Lambert froze people out completely before.Ill see if I can get anymore info on monday !

Morison and Martin had a fight in mercy near beginning of the season

Answer to the O/P''s question: Because he''s not quite good enough at this level, and I doubt he ever will be.

His propensity for trouble doesn''t help and is miles away from Lambert''s style.

I can see him going down a league come the next Window, especially if PL is bringing in "help," as he put it.

Having said that the signings will probably be brought in to help the defense, but the wages bill needs to be balanced too.

BroadstairsR, its not because he''s not good enough. Because hs started 2/3 games and played well. And Wilbraham is on the bench, Wilbraham isn''t half the player Martin is, and isn''t needed when Holt and Morison are both in the squad.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]BroadstairsR, its not because he''s not good enough. Because hs started 2/3 games and played well. And Wilbraham is on the bench, Wilbraham isn''t half the player Martin is, and isn''t needed when Holt and Morison are both in the squad.[/quote]You might be correct, but I for one would bring on many players for impact over Martin, e.g. Holt, Jackson, Crofts/Fox, Vaughan (when fit), Lappin [;)].

[quote user="Ben "]Your bum chum Chris Martin wasn''t on the bench. Get over it.[/quote]

Your a dick....

My bum chum? I''ve never met him, and I don''t really care if he''s on the bench because Holt and Morison should be on the pitch. I just wanted to know why he wasn''t on the bench...

Seriously, thats the most pathetic post I think i''ve ever read.....

Very curious that Martin is not on the bench ahead of Wilbraham. For a start Martin can play wide, in the hole or up front. Giving Lambert more attacking options. He is also a better striker and much bigger goal threat than Wilbraham. But I guess the thinking is that potentially he might want to use Wilbraham as a target man in the closing 10 minutes if we need a goal and have completely run out of ideas. Thus resorting to banging it long

[quote user="Ben "]Your bum chum Chris Martin wasn''t on the bench. Get over it.[/quote]Comming from the man with an avatar of the stepovah gangsta , thats kinda ironic and rich !

Gingerpele"]BroadstairsR, its not because he''s not good enough. Because hs started 2/3 games and played well. And Wilbraham is on the bench, Wilbraham isn''t half the player Martin is, and isn''t needed when Holt and Morison are both in the squad.

Very wrong and blinkered!

All C Martin done in his few games for us was pass the ball sideways in the middle of the pitch in non threatening positions. He was absolutely no threat whatsoever. In fact the West Brom game was chucked away cause Lambert picked the wrong team particularly the inclusion of the not good enough Chris Martin!

Chris Martin isn''t strong enough or quick enough to ever be any good at this level. To compare you should look at Holt. Holty limited at this level but hes still hard to mark, draws fouls and the physical aspect gets him by. Chris Martin has none of these atributes. Add to this a nasty charisma which gets him in trouble off the pitch and its easy to see why hes out of contention.

Wilbraham is limited at Championship level but he is more threatening at the business end of the pitch than what Chris Martin is!

We''d all love to see a local bloke do well for the club which is why some fans refuse to accept the truth about Chris Martin!

Even if we are back in the Championship next season we have to forget about Chris Martin and just remember and thank him for the big part he played in our League 1 winning season in 2009/10. League 1 is about Chris Martins best level! 

BroadstairsR"]

Answer to the O/P''s question: Because he''s not quite good enough at this level, and I doubt he ever will be.

His propensity for trouble doesn''t help and is miles away from Lambert''s style.

I can see him going down a league come the next Window, especially if PL is bringing in "help," as he put it.

Having said that the signings will probably be brought in to help the defense, but the wages bill needs to be balanced too.

Well said!

The truth that many fans can''t see!

I''d personally loan him out in January to a Championship club that will play him (a side like Barnsley etc), and get in a striker (I''d love us to gamble on Rhodes). If CM fails to have an impact in his 5 or so months in the Championship, sell him in the summer, while we can still make a fair bit of money given his young(ish) age. If he does well in that loan spell, then either keep him for the next season, or loan him for the complete season, this would then have given him 1 and a half seasons experience, and hopefully do his confidence the world of good. He could then come back like a new signing, with a clean slate, and hopefully live up to his potential.

So all the good work he did at Chelsea and against WBA didn''t actually happen?

Because you''ve decided he''s too slow and weak...

I''m not ''refusing to see the truth'' Its you that is refusing to see the truth, If he wasn''t good enough he wouldn''t be at the club, he wouldn''t have been starting games earlier on in the season.

League One isn''t Martin''s best level, he performed well last season just without the goals.

Why is your view fact? Chris Martin was starting nearly every game up until his injury, and by the time he was fit again Jackson was scoring hat-tricks and the season was nearly over. He got 2/3 starts and then came off the bench at least once. Now why would this happen, he''s now not on the bench. But I don''t see how it can be because ''he''s not good enough'' or he wouldn''t be at the club. It wouldn''t be hard to get him out on loan to a Championship or even League One club. But he hasn''t gone out on loan, he wasn''t sold in the summer like many thought, and he won''t be sold in January.

Just because he''s not an out and out goal scoring striker, doesn''t mean he''s not good enough. His passing game brings players into the game, and if Hoolahan gets injured Martin will probably step in. Against WBA, if Pilkington was playing instead of Surman it would have been a different story because he actually knows how to play out wide. we were playing a flat 4-4-2 with only one creative player in midfield. What on earth else was Martin supposed to do?

Get over it Ginger, Chris Martins too slow, weak and not enough of a nuisance to be any good in the Premiership. Hes only an average Championship player at best. The same applies to the likes of Surman, Lappin, Drury, Wilbraham etc. This is what happens when a club like Norwich gets quick promotions, the lesser players get found out and get moved onto to a club at a lower level. 

I apreciate what he done for us in League 1 but the clubs moved to a level that is out of Chris Martins.

He''ll probably end up getting a chance at a lower end Championship club and if that doesn''t work he''ll end up back in League 1!

I too would personally rate the opinion of Lamberts over mine in football matters and also Culverhouses!

Chris Martin done a few nice passes in non threatening areas against West Brom but was no threat which Lambert and Culverhouse saw as well, hence the reason Chris Martin hasn''t been seen since apart from a sub appearance at Old Trafford which was an error cause Holt should of been the one coming on!

I sense Lambert gave Chris Martin a few games to ensure the team spirit and togetherness remained strong, making it look like he was being fair on every player!

Like I said as much before Lambert sussed out Chris Martin in his few early season appearances which is the reason why hes out of the picture now. Anyone who still thinks Chris Martins got Premiership potential don''t know what their talking about!

New striker wil be needed in January as well as a new CB!

Until Chris Martin leaves the club, i''m going to carry on thinking your wrong.

I don''t think i''m being blinkered in thinking Martin is a good player. You keep mentioning him being non threatening, well against WBA i''m sure that was in no small part down to the whole team selection. Against Chelsea he should/could have scored, and that was before their defence started falling apart. Against Stoke he played well, and for 10 or so mins after the sending off, he was chasing down every long ball that was anywhere near him. Maybe playing him upfront is a mistake, I would really like to see him playing Hoolahan''s role, but to see that he would need to get injured which would be devastating, because its unlikely Martin will have the same effect, but I think he could do a good enough job there.

And I don''t think we do need a new striker, unless Vaughan is going to be injured all season, were only playing 1 man up front. I think Lambert will go back to 4-5-1. I know Holt has been playing really well, but our results when playing 4-4-2 have been very poor so either Holt or Morison will have to make way.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

I too would personally rate the opinion of Lamberts over mine in football matters and also Culverhouses!

Chris Martin done a few nice passes in non threatening areas against West Brom but was no threat which Lambert and Culverhouse saw as well, hence the reason Chris Martin hasn''t been seen since apart from a sub appearance at Old Trafford which was an error cause Holt should of been the one coming on!

I sense Lambert gave Chris Martin a few games to ensure the team spirit and togetherness remained strong, making it look like he was being fair on every player!

Like I said as much before Lambert sussed out Chris Martin in his few early season appearances which is the reason why hes out of the picture now. Anyone who still thinks Chris Martins got Premiership potential don''t know what their talking about!

New striker wil be needed in January as well as a new CB!

[/quote]

Hold on to your hats folks, I know the Martin Family and can tell you not all is well with Master C and he could according to his dad, could be a Burnley player come January, now don''t come back and shoot the messanger here, as I was in the boozer( INNGATE) when this was mentioned,And His dad loves a pint or ten  

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Until Chris Martin leaves the club, i''m going to carry on thinking your wrong.

I don''t think i''m being blinkered in thinking Martin is a good player. You keep mentioning him being non threatening, well against WBA i''m sure that was in no small part down to the whole team selection. Against Chelsea he should/could have scored, and that was before their defence started falling apart. Against Stoke he played well, and for 10 or so mins after the sending off, he was chasing down every long ball that was anywhere near him. Maybe playing him upfront is a mistake, I would really like to see him playing Hoolahan''s role, but to see that he would need to get injured which would be devastating, because its unlikely Martin will have the same effect, but I think he could do a good enough job there.

And I don''t think we do need a new striker, unless Vaughan is going to be injured all season, were only playing 1 man up front. I think Lambert will go back to 4-5-1. I know Holt has been playing really well, but our results when playing 4-4-2 have been very poor so either Holt or Morison will have to make way.[/quote]

We do need a striker - someone who can crack ''em in on a regular basis - of the current six forwards in the squad none are proving to be capable of that.

Come on down, Ched Evans.

I really don''t see how Ched Evans would be a good option. He''s scored 18 league goals in 3 and a bit years since leaving us. He may have been great when he was here, but he hasn''t done anything since then to warrant a transfer to a premiership club.

Holt and Morison have 3 each, last time in the prem the most any of our players scored was 7 (there were 4 of them though...). Scoring goals isn''t our problem, we''ve scored 16, no one below us has scored more, we have the same ammount as Villa, more than Liverpool and Newcastle only have one more. Its the conceding that is the problem...

Ginger Pele you can carry on thinking I''m wrong but while your doing that Chris Martin will probably remain nowhere the 1st team getting paid a fortune to be a reserve team player not good enough for the Premiership who some fans like you are blinkered about cause hes a local lad!

A move to a club like Burnley would be a good move for C Martin although I suspect he''d have to play at 100% to fully establish himself there!

I don''t care if he''s a local lad, that means nothing to me. I wouldn''t care if our team was full of chinese players, as long as they are good enough I''m happy.

''Getting paid a fortune'' None of our players get paid a fortune.....