Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

Losing Ground

Can''t help noticing that other PL clubs are already signing players Blackburn & Saints have signed 2 and Brum have snapped up Blake for £1.25m.  Should we have gone in for him?  Can''t help thinking we need to sign someone soon as rival clubs seem to be adding numbers to their squad.

I must say I liked the article by "The Man" in which he talks about "not buying is not an option" and that realisticaly the money City have for transfers is OUR money the FANS money.  I didn''t cash in my shares on the promise that this money would go into the transfer kitty.  If we don''t spend it I will be very peed off!

BUT, we have some very experienced players getting into form now (Jonson and Helveg) and Doherty starting to look good at the centre. That''s almost like having new players. Assuming we do supplement the strikeforce we actually have some useful players in our squad who should be well capable of finishing fourth from bottom

I think that the first poster on this thread WILL end up being very "peed off"! The Club has lost all ambition this season and the Board will be quite happy to see us slide back into the depths of the Fizzy League for another few years. There was ambition last year, but now that we''re receiving a load of dosh to pay off some debt, this has been replaced with a resigned apathy. I wouldn''t mind but, as the poster said, it''s the Fans'' who provided the Board with the £1.2m. If the Board can''t at least match this to buy desperately needed players, then we may as well all give up hope now.   

Thoroughly agree with you LinkNR9. These have been my sentiments exactly over a few previous postings.  In my view the board have only had one goal this season and it has been relegation all along.  They seemed to have got into this mindset that because Charlton and other role model clubs came down then it will be fine for us to do the same. 

If we did then I certainly will not be putting any money on a swift return as football is not as guaranteed as that.  Still at least I may be able to get tickets next season for games but there again why shoul I show the willingness of giving money to a club who do not care about the supporters and show the same ambition.

That''s a good point Link, the club asked the fans not to cash in their shares to improve the transfer kitty for the January transfer window.  If they''ve now turned round and said, no, it''s going to cover debts then they have misled us.

On the other hand though, it is important to be wary of panic buys.  But for Worthington to say even before the window opens "We probably won''t get anyone" is ridculous.

Come on, let''s get a decent loan signing at least!

Well, that''s looking on the bright side, isn''t it? Perhaps the reason we''ve not made any signings yet is that £1.2m isn''t very much money in terms of Premiership players. We all remember how long it took to sign Hucks last year, for example. Simple facts are that we cannot afford to go out and splurge the cash on the first player who looks half decent. So what if we haven''t made any purchases yet? The transfer window closes at the end of the month, not this Friday, and I''m more than happy to wait for Worthy to make the right decisions for the team.

I think the board have every intention of pushing to stay up - why wouldn''t they? The money is better, the exposure for the club is better and they''ll have even more money to pay off debts and improve the ground ;-)