Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

FAO Smooth

Just wondering what your thoughts on tonight''s game are? I''m expecting your 49ers to destroy my ''Skins if I''m being honest. We''re injury hit and woeful and didn''t get a single point on the board last week whilst you''re on a fine run.

I believe we are winning with a good defence, certainly will mean we will win our division. But a misfiring offence and Alex Smith who still stutters and struggles to have a drive of more than 20 yards is a worry.

To be honest thought it would be a bit of an arm wrestle, what are your thoughts on beck, to be honest grossman is not the answer. But the NFC East as always will be nick and tuck.

As always another great week of nfl action.

I thought Smith looked OK tonight to be honest, although we got more sacks than we normally do this year.

I like Beck, I really feel for the guy because he is finally THE man, but he has nobody to throw to and nobody to protect him as half the team is injured!! I Actually think he''s doing a half decent job but our lack of depth is the real problem and is distorting Beck''s figures negatively.

Your defence was good tonight - I havent seen much of the 9ers but I was quite impressed with what I saw tonight, can see why you have such a good record so far.

Watching the Packers Chargers game atm, Aaron Rodgers is just incredible and Chargers are half decent - great game.

Grossman is enigmatic as ever, brilliant 15% of the time, shocking 85% of the time.

Was really pleased with our TD drive tonight though, we finally looked competent and dangerous with Beck under centre, albeit for only the last 5 minutes when the game was already gone.

I have to say our defence for the last three years or so has been very good, which needed an offence to control the clock.

No question when Franklyn, our pro bowl nose tackle, and Spikes left the group I thought it was a risk. Then we added two new guys to the secondary who have had a great start to the season.

Our offensive line has improved and to know that the reskins were number 6 team regarding sacks meant that we did play well. Only loss to Dallas in OT, so we have played well. Not so sure how we will be in if we are coming from behind in a game, but very happy with this season.

No question there are some exceptional teams in this league I do love watching the San Diego''s, the pack, the saints.

Yes injuries have hampered the redskins and with the change has come problems at qb with the lack of time since the labour agreement was signed. I agree he hasn''t had much help, but again in a tight division I expect the redskins to be competitive.

How do you watch the games? I now watch red zone on sky, no question it is the best way to watch the sport, for the lengh of one game you are seeing every game. Incredible.

I don''t blame you for not posting this on the "Non-football, General sport" forum.

Since the changes it is the internet equivalent of a ghost town with tumbleweed blowing down a deserted street.

Thanks wings, Sorry Canarino!

I havent checked Redzone out yet - I just watch the streams of the games online atm.

The thing with our sacks is most were recorded before injuries started to really bite so although our stats might look good, they''re distorted.

To be honest, a large part of me just wants Shanny to tank the season now. We''re not going to make playoffs or win anything and it''s better to be awful than mediocre in the NFL (even more importantly this year given our draft needs).

If by some miracle the Dolphins can win a few more we might even have a shot in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes, but we have so many holes we cant afford to trade any picks to take him, and we have got no value veteran players to offer either - meaning we''d have to REALLY tank it and rely on a few others picking up a couple more wins.

It''s abundantly clear though that we NEED a franchise QB, no more tading for veterans like Mcnabb, we need to be picking up a player for the next 10 years.

No apology necessary kick it off, I think it''s rather surreal really. I have no idea about any of the rules or terminology so it''s all very bizarre to me. Still, I like a bit of lateral thinking.