Sign in to follow this  
Bryangunnshairline

billy sharp lost his two day old son...

And still played for Donny tonight and scored revealing a t shirt saying " that''s for you son". Now I''ve never been a big fan of Sharp but as I''m a father myself I could not even imagine what he is going through. Full respect . Reminds me of when Gunny played v Qpr just after he lost his daughter. RIP billys boy.

Totally tragic news, RIP Louie. Just glad the Ref has a heart and let Sharp reveal the shirt. The best way for him to honour his son was to score a belter and then reveal a shirt to the nation celebrating his Son''s unbelievably short life. Full respect to Billy, and I can only hope the whole ground, Middlesborough fans included, rose up and gae him full support Tonight. Puts football and all that goes with it into perspective.

What courage from Billy and a wonder goal that paid fitting tribute to his son ( and at last a ref with a heart ). Brave does not even start to describe his actions. Thoughts are with Billy and his family

a nice gesture from the ref, a little common sense to be honest. Sad story, shame Donny didn''t go on to win.

Thoughts with Billy and his family... what courage he showed last night and his Donny Team mates all seemed to be genuinely supportive for him after the goal.

Long discussion on 606 yesterday about the Ips**** Town fans who applauded his goal on Saturday despite it meaning they were 2-0 down at home in 25 minutes.  Fair play to them, frankly.

Agreed.  Watched FLS last night and it was a really nice reaction, he also got a standing ovation when he was subbed.  Putting all rivalries aside, that shows real class.

As many have said earlier, this puts yesterdays results into perspective.

It also shows Tevez to be a spoilt kid too.

Well done to the Ipswich fans for showing utmost respect which Sharp mentioned in his post match interview.

Also a shout out for the ref for showing that rules can be given a common sense approach in certain conditions.

Yes well done Ipswich fans, that was a big gesture which was obviously appreciated by Billy Sharp who tweeted after the game

'''' Will never forget that moment today at Portman road, Ipswich town fans unbelievable, never seen anything like it, so special ''''

[quote user="canaryfan68"]As many have said earlier, this puts yesterdays results into perspective.

It also shows Tevez to be a spoilt kid too. s.[/quote]here here! if anyone deserves a punch in the face its Carlos Tevez...

Are we talking about the same morons who sing songs about poor Fash?

Are we also talking about the same morons who sing the ''die die Delia'' song?

They can f**k off. ITFC fans will ALWAYS be scum in my eyes, a bit of clapping wont change that.

[quote user="Jarrold_stand_blockN"]

Are we talking about the same morons who sing songs about poor Fash?

Are we also talking about the same morons who sing the ''die die Delia'' song?

They can f**k off. ITFC fans will ALWAYS be scum in my eyes, a bit of clapping wont change that.

[/quote]

And they will revert to type again soon enough. But for now it doesn''t hurt to recognise those actions for what they were or say nothing at all.