Sign in to follow this  
ryan1992

Villa Tannoy

Did anybody find it strange when there was no speakers in the away end for the music etc, and even when they went through the safety procedures before the game started, they still didn''t have any sort of announcement for us?! I just thought it was a bit weird, because if there was a fire in the away end, it could have been interesting, with 3000 or so away fans in there!

I noticed this but I''ll tell you what, it didn''t half get the atmosphere going.

I was on the fence about getting rid of pre-game music at CR as I thought it might be a bit quiet... but after actually experiencing what it is like without being pumped JLS or some such at full blast, I''m all for abolishing it.

I was in the upper tier of Doug Ellis stand and to be honest I felt safer on the old villa away terracing if anyone can remember that

cant imagine hundreds of people trying to get out of a tight space and down those steps at the back of the stand in a hurry without someone being seriously injured or even worse if there was an emergency

cattle pen comes to mind for some reason anyone feel the same ?

and no I never heard any tannoy announcements either

I was also in the upper tier and I also thought the same as you canarycol - the space behind the stands was tiny. Popped out for the toilet at half time and nearly got crushed!! Makes me laugh about some health and safety regs and that somehow managed to pass?!

The tannoy was pretty useless - people had to ''shhhh'' before the minutes silence as some people were unaware of it about to happen as they couldnt hear the tannoy!

[quote user="canarycol"]I was in the upper tier of Doug Ellis stand and to be honest I felt safer on the old villa away terracing if anyone can remember that

cant imagine hundreds of people trying to get out of a tight space and down those steps at the back of the stand in a hurry without someone being seriously injured or even worse if there was an emergency

cattle pen comes to mind for some reason anyone feel the same ?

and no I never heard any tannoy announcements either[/quote]I have been to Villa park and agree, the away end is a disaster waiting to happen! in an emergency the safest thing would be to spill out onto the pitch... you couldnt do that in the top tier!