Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Arsenal's Emmanuel Frimpong on Loan

The rules are very clear; 4 allowed across the season, but only 2 allowed on the books at any one time.

So unless Naughton or De Laet go back before their loan period is due a further loan deal is simply not going to happen.

LOL, I can see it now there is only one song to be sung if he arrives [:P]

The Goons ( Ying Tong song)

Frimpong Frimpong
Frimpong Frimpong
Frimpong iddle I po

Frimpong Frimpong
Frimpongiddle I po
Iddle I po

Personally I think he can become quite the talent, we got Lansbury from Arsenal before on loan so I am sure we could get Frimpong as he usually plays a CDM and could play alongside either Johnson or Fox.

How accurate are them newspapers, does anyone know? Or are they just as bad as the sun?

or one of the current loans gets turned into a perm thus freeing up a slot.. wonder if that was to happen who the''ve would sort a deal for..

I thought that we could only have two "season long" loans. But, could have more on a temporary basis (i.e., 90 day or less).

I know we have all talked and speculated about this a lot on this forum, but has anyone actually nailed down the correct ruling on this?

The rules are (to the best of my knowledge):

A Premier League club is allowed to make 4 ''long term'' loans over the course of a season - long term is over a period of 90 days. A club is only allowed 2 of these players at anyone time, and can only take 1 player from a club over the course of a season. i.e. If Norwich cancelled the loan deal/bought either Kyle or Richie they wouldn''t be able to take another player on loan from either Tottenham or Man United.

A club can loan a total of 4 players on short term loans (under 90 days) - these deals can be extended to make them long term as long as the long term loan rules aren''t breached.

I''m not sure how many loan players can be in a match squad or if a club can take a short term loan from a club they already have a player from on a long term loan.

In theory Norwich could loan Frimpong, but it would only be for 3 months.

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

Frimpong Frimpong
Frimpong Frimpong
Frimpong iddle I po

Frimpong Frimpong
Frimpongiddle I po
Iddle I po

[/quote]

Brilliant [*]

[:D]

Frimpong Frimpong
Frimpong Frimpong
Frimpong iddle I po

Frimpong Frimpong
Frimpongiddle I po
Iddle I po

[/quote]

P.M.S.Laughing.

[quote user="USA Canary"]

Look''s like we are interested in bringing in Arsenal''s Emmanuel Frimpong on a loan deal in January.  Does anyone really know how many loans we are allowed?  This would be a good loan signing I think. 

[/quote]

I saw that in the Mirror yesterday but discounted it as we already have the 2 loan players we''re entitled to have.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="USA Canary"]

Look''s like we are interested in bringing in Arsenal''s Emmanuel Frimpong on a loan deal in January.  Does anyone really know how many loans we are allowed?  This would be a good loan signing I think. 

[/quote]

I saw that in the Mirror yesterday but discounted it as we already have the 2 loan players we''re entitled to have.

[/quote]

Yes, but we might buy or send back one or both of them...

I think if Naughton''s available we will buy him. Not sure on De Laet, unlikely to want to buy in january and he plays in every game up until then and plays well.

Wouldn''t be too exited about signing Frimpong though, he seems ok but nothing special....

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="USA Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote] Yes, but we might buy or send back one or both of them... I think if Naughton''s available we will buy him. Not sure on De Laet, unlikely to want to buy in january and he plays in every game up until then and plays well. Wouldn''t be too exited about signing Frimpong though, he seems ok but nothing special....[/quote]

De Laet''s contract expires in the summer, so he will be available on the cheap.

As I said above, we could take Frimpong on a 90 day loan deal whilst still having De Laet and Naughton. Frimpong has the potential to be an excellent player, but he does need to calm down a little and think a bit more. He is great in the tackle and one of the most dynamic midfielders I have seen in a very long time, he is still inconsistant though. I would be happy to have him at Norwich, he is similar to Johnson and would provide excellent cover for him.

This surely cannot be true as he was not on the list that Bly''s mate who has contacts with the media gave him[;)]

a massive yes please. has the passion which makes him play for the fans like our team already, decent passer of the ball and physically puts himself about. will run through brick walls also.

so yes.

He is a bit of a battler and plays with no fear, so as long as he keeps himself out of the ref''s book - a big thumbs up from me!!!

Frimpong Frimpong
Frimpong Frimpong
Frimpong iddle I po

Frimpong Frimpong
Frimpongiddle I po
Iddle I po

[/quote]

At least Lambert isn''t "Walking Backwards to Christmas," he''s planning already and seems to have half an eye on the next window having had time to assess the current weaknesses.

Know nothing about this player, but no more loans please. Expensive route, as we know, young inexperienced player who will need time to adapt away from his home. No goer for me.

Would take him even if we can only do it for three months. Looks a decent player in the making and may give us a bit of physicality we have lacked at times in the midfield. Fox is a great passer but needs athletes alongside him

A three month loan if times right could be beneficial. we have a very tough run in so need to be ahead of the game at the end of March really.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="USA Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote] Yes, but we might buy or send back one or both of them... I think if Naughton''s available we will buy him. Not sure on De Laet, unlikely to want to buy in january and he plays in every game up until then and plays well. Wouldn''t be too exited about signing Frimpong though, he seems ok but nothing special....[/quote]

De Laet''s contract expires in the summer, so he will be available on the cheap.

As I said above, we could take Frimpong on a 90 day loan deal whilst still having De Laet and Naughton. Frimpong has the potential to be an excellent player, but he does need to calm down a little and think a bit more. He is great in the tackle and one of the most dynamic midfielders I have seen in a very long time, he is still inconsistant though. I would be happy to have him at Norwich, he is similar to Johnson and would provide excellent cover for him.

[/quote]

Bethnal I have a feeling youre wrong on that one.  I did look at the Premier League Rules once before and Im pretty sure they said we were allowed a maximum of 2 "temporary transfers" at any one time with a maximum of 4 in the season.  Irrespective of who from and for how long

The one exception is borrowing players from overseas where I seem to recall its not counted as a temporary transfer (ie a loan) but some other arrangement

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Would take him even if we can only do it for three months. Looks a decent player in the making and may give us a bit of physicality we have lacked at times in the midfield. Fox is a great passer but needs athletes alongside him

A three month loan if times right could be beneficial. we have a very tough run in so need to be ahead of the game at the end of March really.[/quote]

Unathletic players like Bradley Johnson you mean? Who up until the Villa game was the only player in the league to cover 12km plus in every game.

Wouldn''t say no to him though, he looks like he will be a top quality player in the future.