Sign in to follow this  
TheMarshmallowMan

Another one for the pot...

I have a mate who''s Dad works for the PFS. Basically, for those who don''t know, the PFS are the Professional Football System - a group of agents tasked with keeping information and professional scout reports on players all across the world. They in turn are then employed by the clubs who use their services for scouting out potential purchases.

My mate''s dad basically works to recatagorise the transfers as and when they happen, and because of that, he does generally hear quite a lot of good stuff, and a bunch of rubbish too. For example, three days before he signed, he told me about Helveg. Same for Jonson, (but that was a bit further in advance, about five days). However, he has told me some utter rubbish - he once told during this summer that David Johnson had all but signed for us.

Anyhow, to the rumour itself, according to him Worthy''s made a £500,000 bid for Charlton''s Jonathan Johansson, with £500,000 extra should we stay up. It''s Johansson''s contract talks have apparently stalled (basically a bust up between Curbs and Johansson''s agent) and Curbs is currently considering Worthy''s offer.

Also I''ve heard the Marlon Harewood deal is stalling a bit because of the price WHU are demanding. But apparently that''s nearer to being agreed upon than being thrown out the window altogether, if that makes sense.

As I said, it might be tosh, but worth discussing

Sounds a hell of a lot more plausible to me than many of the rumours that have been put on here recently and at least there''s a source for a change.
We all know Worthy is interested in Johannsson and probably Harewood, but surely Curbuishly won''t let Johannson go at that price. If he does though I''ll be quite happy. I think he''s pretty good. Not so certain about Harewood though. He could potentially come very good though.

Wrong, LinkNR9 - it''s definitely worth discussing. I''d like to see Johansson here, certainly for that sort of money.

I''ve read something similar with regard to Harewood, that the deal was done but then the price went up, but without a creditable source. First I''ve heard about Johannson though, could be a great deal at that price and sounds like Worthy''s managing the funds well.

>=17!