Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Sincere thanks[Y] to all you PUPs for the wide selection. Much food for thought. For good or ill the choice is as follows. All home wins, and all Saturday games:

1. SLAVIA SOFIA vs Rakovski.

2. BORUSSIA DORTMUND vs Wolfsburg.

3. LIVERPOOL vs Swansea City.

4. HUDDERSFIELD TOWN vs Walsall.

5. HAJDUK SPLIT vs Varazdin (also my nap).

6. ALMERIA vs Huesca.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Sincere thanks[Y] to all you PUPs for the wide selection. Much food for thought. For good or ill the choice is as follows. All home wins, and all Saturday games:

6. ALMERIA vs Huesca.

[/quote]

PS. As I think there is a bit of money floating around in nutty''s PUPs'' piggy bank, I am venturing an extra £10 on the final score at Villa Park being Aston Villa 2 Norwich City 2, currently at odds of 12-1.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

6. ALMERIA vs Huesca.

[/quote]Looks like some good picks! I will back you and go for Liverpool to beat Swansea as my pick. Good luck Purple and all [Y]

Thank you for these Purple. Another brilliant job . I wish Arrdee was here to see the quality of final selections we get every week. It can only be a matter of time before we record another win. I can see how much thought has gone into these. They look nailed on to me and unless we are hit with bad luck I''m sure we will be toasting your success. No champagne for me though. Just a half of mild or a coke[;)]

I''ve placed the bet with Bet365. I looked on Stan James but 365 came out slightly better. If we are successful the return will be £48. Here are the details : -

Slavia Sofia @ 1/5
Borussia Dortmund @ 1/3
Liverpool @ 2/7
Huddersfield @ 2/5
Hajduk Split @ 1/9
Almeria @ 1/2
Six-Folds, 1 bet * £10.00
04/11/2011 22:23:31 10.00 0.00

I have placed the extra bet also with Bet365 and many thanks for the donation [Y]  : -

Draw 2-2 @ 12/1
£10.00 Single
04/11/2011 22:26:51 10.00 0.00

The action is all tomorrow so it will be an exciting day for us PUPs. Slavia Sofia get us underway at 12:30 followed by Dortmund at 2:30. Liverpool and Huddersfield start at 3pm then Hajduk Split kick off at 4pm. The final leg is in Spain with Almeria at 5pm.

If I remember rightly the only ever time Almeria have been in the final selections they won and we won. They were the last result that time too! So I hope that''s a good omen. Thanks again Purple and good luck everyone [:)]

Shocking prices but a wins a win I see holt last goal is 8-1 at corbetts my closest bookies that''s not a bad little bet

Apologies for not leaving a pick before Purple made his selections. I''ll have Manchester United to beat Sunderland. Steve Bruce wouldn''t dare interupt Fergie''s 25 year anniversary celebrations.

[quote user="Diesel Doris"]

Evening Nutty, Tom(Trent Canary?) still appears to be having trouble getting his pick on here so he''s put it on the FB page:

HAJDUK SPLIT -v- Varazdin  HOME WIN

I''m sure he''d wish all PUPs especially Purple Good Luck if he could!!![:D]

[/quote]

Thanks for posting this DD. It is Trent and he hasn''t been able to post on here for ages now!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Arsenal vs West Bromwich Albion - HOME win

Good luck everyone, the very best of luck pearopull[:)][Y]

[/quote]

Ooops, not sure whatg happened with the smileys there.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Thank you for these Purple. Another brilliant job . I wish Arrdee was here to see the quality of final selections we get every week. It can only be a matter of time before we record another win. I can see how much thought has gone into these. They look nailed on to me and unless we are hit with bad luck I''m sure we will be toasting your success. No champagne for me though. Just a half of mild or a coke[;)]

I''ve placed the bet with Bet365. I looked on Stan James but 365 came out slightly better. If we are successful the return will be £48. Here are the details : -

Slavia Sofia @ 1/5Borussia Dortmund @ 1/3Liverpool @ 2/7Huddersfield @ 2/5Hajduk Split @ 1/9Almeria @ 1/2Six-Folds, 1 bet * £10.00 04/11/2011 22:23:31 10.00 0.00

I have placed the extra bet also with Bet365 and many thanks for the donation [Y]  : -

Draw 2-2 @ 12/1£10.00 Single 04/11/2011 22:26:51 10.00 0.00

The action is all tomorrow so it will be an exciting day for us PUPs. Slavia Sofia get us underway at 12:30 followed by Dortmund at 2:30. Liverpool and Huddersfield start at 3pm then Hajduk Split kick off at 4pm. The final leg is in Spain with Almeria at 5pm.

If I remember rightly the only ever time Almeria have been in the final selections they won and we won. They were the last result that time too! So I hope that''s a good omen. Thanks again Purple and good luck everyone [:)]

[/quote]

You do remember correctly Eddie [;)]

Goo looking line Purple, surprised how short it is in the end, most of those games were a lot longer earlier in the week. Good luck!

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Slavia Sofia are drawing 1-1 with around fifteen minutes to go. Come on you...er....Slavs.
[/quote]

No such luck. Hélas.

Finished 1-1 :(

Falling at the first hurdle, I didn''t expect that. Really unlucky Purple, you might be destined to join the 5 wins and a draw club...

That''s what I think too GP. Gutted for you Purple. Nothing is ever certain in this game. Thanks again for your efforts the bad luck came early this weekend.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Finished 1-1 :( Falling at the first hurdle, I didn''t expect that. Really unlucky Purple, you might be destined to join the 5 wins and a draw club...[/quote]

GP, perhaps if I get all six wrong Bet365 will allow it on a kind of misere basis!

Very late in the day to say this but the 4/1 for doncaster to beat ipswich is starting to look good.

Shame about the 1-1 draw to kill our hopes this week.!

Arsenal have won 3-0 though so panic over!!

[quote user="Muddy funster"]

Now then, now then, now then (RIP Jimmy) - odds boosting Muddy is taking a good look at this week. 

I am REALLY tempted by Blackburn v Chelsea Home win.  Blackburn seem to have turned a corner and Chelsea are....really bad to be honest. I have odds of 13-2 on a home win and Hoilett is 14-1 as first goalscorer!  That seems nuts to me considering Chelsea''s defence at the moment.  However Shyster has gone for a Chelsea win, so that''s obviously going to be the result!

Newcastle are a hard-to-fathom 5-4 to win at home against Everton....but I have a slightly risky one with great odds for a boost.

Hereford have lost once in their last 5 and are at home to the recently stuttering Crawley (lest we forget last week!). Hereford have had some positive results against the divisions form teams recently and I really think they have a good chance to spring a surprise at home. The good news for a risky nap....a very healthy 4-1 thats all.

So my nap today is Hereford home win.  Good luck all.

[/quote]

So out of three bashes you got one right [:P] Should''ve stuck with Newcastle [:)]Blackburn 0 Chelsea 1 [:D]

No no Shyster, I inly had one shot - I was pointing out the interesting decent odds that I''d found.  But you were right you did scrape a 1-0 away victory so fair play to you.  I wish I''d have bet Doncaster though.  I momentarily fancied it, but thought that Ipswich would obviously ruin my bet.  Not so though.

Thanks again Purple. I’m glad you enjoyed your week in charge. It turned out to be a very difficult week as can be seen by the stats.

58 PUPs selected this week with 34 correct and 1 postponed game making a success rate of 59%. We gave Purple 28 different selections to consider of which 16 were correct and one postponed which was a strike rate of just 59%. These are the worst stats of the season and show what a difficult task Purple had. Amongst the shockers that contributed to these stats were home draws for Huddersfield and Liverpool which accounted for 12 losing PUPs.

Here’s our league table showing those PUPs with over 50% correct from at least 50% of the available weeks. We now have just 4 PUPs who have selected a winner in each of our 9 weeks.

Jed Exodus 9-9 100

Mr. Bump 9-9 100

NCFCStar 9-9 100

Statto 9-9 100

Norfolkbslim 8-8 100

Twitchy 7-7 100

Legend Iwan 6-6 100

NWC 6-6 100

Delia''s Devon 8-9 89

Dogger 8-9 89

Fellas 8-9 89

Fonejacker 8-9 89

Herman 8-9 89

Hughesy 8-9 89

Kathy 8-9 89

Mister Chops 8-9 89

Shack Attack 8-9 89

Til 1010 8-9 89

Trent Canary 8-9 89

SD Pete 7-8 88

Duncan 5-6 83

Boyo 4-5 80

Lord Horn 4-5 80

Shyster 4-5 80

Beauseant 7-9 78

Chelle 7-9 78

Cityangel 7-9 78

Cosmic Twin 7-9 78

Davo 7-9 78

Ginger Pele 7-9 78

GMF 7-9 78

Graham H 7-9 78

Hissing Sid 7-9 78

I''m A Banana 7-9 78

methcanary 7-9 78

Norfolkchance1 7-9 78

PurpleCanary 7-9 78

Yankee Canary 7-9 78

Inch High 6-8 75

Scooby 6-8 75

Diesel Doris 6-9 67

Excited Canary 6-9 67

Leedscanary 6-9 67

Mandie Moo 6-9 67

Newyorkcanary 6-9 67

nutty nigel 6-9 67

SWP=PMRF 6-9 67

Splutcho 4-6 67

Claud 3-5 60

Mear Kat 5-9 56

Gregt 4-8 50

Jellytot 4-8 50

Nige was being kind to us Mr McGoo in only publishing those with 50% and over average. I was keeping quiet out of shame.

I''ve had a complete mare this week. First pick, wrong date and the second called off because of floods.

Unlucky Purple - you had a strong set of picks there.