Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week nine of the Rays Funds for FONCY season. This week, it’s Purple Canary in charge and making the final selections. Purple joined the PUPs last season and and made it his task to provide the most obscure selections for me to hunt down. But it soon became obvious that he was also providing winning selections as he went on a run of 13 consecutive winning weeks. He finished last season on 23-29 a great first season success rate of 79%. Purple has carried that form into the current season where he has selected 6 wins from 8 selections. The last 4 selections were winners so he’s in top form as he attempts to get us another win for the academy.

Now good as Purple is he will still need all you PUPs to be on top form to give him a fighting chance of making his week go with a bang. Don’t forget we need your very best selection from the games being played this weekend. Don’t worry if someone else has already napped your selection because a weight of numbers can be a great help. There will be plenty for Purple to consider because I’ve already noticed how many different areas you PUPs are comfortable picking from. Remember we can only consider matches that are listed by Bet365 for the final selections. This is imperative because I will be placing the bets there online. Bet365 website is here but you can just as easily check by using our old favourite odds checker.com. If you’re unsure ask on the thread and I’m sure one of us can help you.

Ill light the blue touch paper and hand the thread over to Purple now. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Purple ... the free bet is yours.......[:)]..

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,2, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, yes Norfolkchance1 £1324 for the Academy,so far.

Good evening Nutty,good luck Purple Canary and to all you other PUPs out there.

After my disater in Greece last weekend which cost me my 100% record i am off to Spain this time and hopefully safe ground.

A HOME win please for REAL MADRID v Osasuna.

I will head back to Holland where I will back Feyenoord Rotterdam HOME WIN over NEC Nijmegen. Holland hasn''t been as easy a banker as years past but NEC''s away form is dismal... Best of luck!

I will back West Ham to bounce back from their draw with Bristol City last night and get a win this weekend, at a generous 6/4. Hull will also be on a low after losing to Barnsley.

Hull City vs WEST HAM - Away Win - 6/4

Seeing as Purple likes the more out of the way leagues i am heading to Croatia

HADJUK SPLIT           V           Varteks Varadzin                     HOME WIN

Good luck PC and all PUPS[Y]

Thanks you, nutty, for that generous introduction, but actually I don''t think I''ll be needing the PUPs at all, having already made my selection:

Juventud to be too youthful for Bubali in the Aruban Division One.

Mito Hollyhock to grow too tall for Giravanz Kitakyushu in the Japanese J2 League.

Dinamo Samarquand to be too powerful for Sogdiana in the Uzbekistan Premier League.

Hindustan Aero to fly past Churchill Brothers in India.

Blooming to find The Strongest just too strong in Bolivia.

Mighty Blackpool to overwhelm the Kissy All Stars in the Sierra Leonese Premier League...

---

Slightly more seriously, greetings PUP Pickers. An honour to be making the selection. All picks very gratefully received. I plan to sit down with a choice of half-decent Champagnes at around 6pm UK time on Friday, so it would be helpful if PUPs could post by then.

Bonne chance a tous![Y]

Its the Spanish 2nd division for me this week and

Almeria v Huesca - Home Win (1/2 on bet365)

Almeria sit 2nd with 5 wins and 2 draws from the last 8, Huesca are 2nd bottom with 4 defeats in their last 6.

Best of luck Purple, and all you PUPs.

I''ll stick with the English fixtures which I know a tad about and go for Man utd to beat Sunderland.

Good luck PC and the rest of the pups.

Rangers v Dundee Utd - Home winCan''t see Dundee getting anything at Ibrox, good luck Purple[Y]

Continuing on the continent I''m off to Germany this week and Fortuna Dusseldorf v Dynamo Dresden HOME WIN.

Dusseldorf have won all six of their home matches whilst Dresden away have won two and lost four.

Good luck Purple - looking around it seems like a difficult week.

I would like to think that Huddersfield Town, the Terriers, will see off Walsall this week please my good man.  I was disappointed to see that Crawley Town couldn''t win last week but we live to fight on, don''t we just.

Despite Crawley letting me down last week, I''ll stick with League Two:

Plymouth -v- MORECAME AWAY WIN

Plymouth W2 D2 L12 GD -21

Morecame W8 D5 L3 GD +17

Good Luck Purple and all our PUPS

[quote user="Mandie Moo"]Despite Crawley letting me down last week, I''ll stick with League Two:

Plymouth -v- MORECAME AWAY WIN

Plymouth W2 D2 L12 GD -21

Morecame W8 D5 L3 GD +17

Good Luck Purple and all our PUPS[/quote]

Crikey I can''t even spell Morecambe - my Mother will be so proud!!!!

Southampton to win away at Coventry for me, Southamptons attacking philosophy should be too strong for a poor Coventry side.

Good Luck Purple Canary and all pickers and lets grab the bookmakers money.

Missed last week due to half term holiday so hopefully back with a winning pick this week.

Denmark for me this week and a Copenhagen home win.

Good luck all.

I''m offering a German game for Purple to consider. Dortmund are W4 D0 L1 F15 A3 at home. Wolfsburg are W1 D1 L4 F7 A14 away.

Dortmund          v          Wolfsburg          Home win.

Best of luck Purple and all you PUPs.

A first trip to Bulgaria for me. Slavia Sofia v Vidia Rakovskin - home win please. Good luck Purple.

Was very tempted by Purple''s Uzbekistan tip!!!, but decide in the end to go for the slightly less obscure Danish league and Kobenhavn to win at home against second from bottom Lyngby.

Good luck PurpleCanary and all PUPs

MC

League One this week where Notts County (5-1-1-15-7) entertain Wycombe (2-1-5-8-13).Notts County v Wycombe........Home win.Good luck Purple. [Y]

My Current Nap is...

Arsenal vs West Brom - Away Win.

Arsenal are on Fire at the mo! Winning 4 of the last 5 in the prem.

West Brom have Won 2, Lost 1 and Drew 2 in their last 5.

As I said this is my current Nap but im not 100% confident about it so may change! 

evening all. A nice simple one this week I''ll have a

Rangers home win in the spl please.

Good luck to purple and all this weeks pups.