Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

The joke that is Zamora

Info for you admirers of junk footballers.

1. West Ham fans rate him 3rd Division, even his name is jeered when the team sheet is read at matches.

2. On their fan website''s today, they understand Stoke has offered 500k for him.

3. Sky sports news have no knowledge of this suicidal move by City, thank God.

4. This is yet again, a stupid rumour started by over zealous posters!.

Okay?.

Re Item 4

This overzealous poster didn''t start any rumour !

Just repeated what I heard on national radio this morning for the benefit of more appreciative posters other than yourself it seems.

I''m sure you would have done same Wiz if you had heard it before me. So get off your self righteous soap box and go and play with your cloudy balls !

What''s the bid deal about sky not reporting it? The were the ones that dreamt up the speculation about that morroccan player.

Sorry Wiz but i think you''re being a bit harsh. I''d be more comfortable about his heading abilities than Leon''s at the moment.

Leon is beginning to look like a super sub rather than an automatic starter. Worthy is always on about adding something to what we''ve got and i think BZ would do this. Sven can head a ball but is it good enough to have just one striker who''s any good in the air?

[quote]Sorry Wiz but I think he could do a job for us. With the money we are prepared to spend who else could we get?[/quote]

Yeah I totally agree think he could do a good job for us  ?

I thought a few years back when he played for brighton against us  he was class powefull and direct in his play

[quote]Info for you admirers of junk footballers. 1. West Ham fans rate him 3rd Division, even his name is jeered when the team sheet is read at matches. 2. On their fan website''s today, they understand St...[/quote]

"1. West Ham fans rate him 3rd Division, even his name is jeered when the team sheet is read at matches."

Something that used to happen to the Doc, too, at Tottenham....

Not like you 1W to have a moan at posters!?!

We would all love to bring Wayne Rooney to the club, but with our money I think Bobby would do a job for us, as would the likes of Teddy Sheringham or Rob Hulse.

For the next 3 - 4 weeks though, no matter what the source of info, there is going to be rumours flying about like mad - so if you don''t like it 1W may I suggest a skiing holiday perhaps?

To reiterate what GJ has said, it was on the sports headlines this morning on Radio 5 Live. They tend to be highly selective about which rumours get reported, and almost never have any rumour mongering about us, being obsessed by the usual big 4, and Spurs. To me that adds a bit more credibility to the story rather than the usual "I''ve seen so and so in an estate agent" stuff we have here sometimes.

The fact is Bobby is not good enough for us!

He has trained with Stoke for a week and then held talks three times but the wages were a problem!

Marlon is growing on me,bent no not a binner!

Ideally Deano he lives four doors up from a work colleague of mine and apparently he is going in the window but he wants to stay in the north west!

[quote]So why did you feel the need to start a new thread on Zamora 1stW? Old one not good enough?[/quote]

He wanted to hijack the thread as his own because his opinion is far too important merely to add to another thread. How sad

[quote]Info for you admirers of junk footballers. 1. West Ham fans rate him 3rd Division, even his name is jeered when the team sheet is read at matches. 2. On their fan website''s today, they understand St...[/quote]

Something tells me you''re not keen on Zamora then?

One thing''s for certain - I don''t care what the West Ham fans think of anyone. They are football snobs that think their "glory" past (?) guarantees them quality players who never make mistakes, and premiership status.

They win one game and get lauded as promotion favourites, then they lose and get booed off!

If someone had told me two years ago our team would contain Helveg, Zamora, Huckerby, Charlton, Doherty and even Matty Svensson I would have ignored them.

We need to remember what we can afford, why, and who is available in that bracket.

Sorry Wiz, but you are talking out of your cauldron bottom.

Zamora is better than you think he is.

He is tarred with the Alan Pardew and Glenn Hoddle brush, and that particular brush, does not bring out the best in certain players due to bad man management, weird tactics and perceived greatness, especially in the case of Hoddle.

[quote]One thing''s for certain - I don''t care what the West Ham fans think of anyone. They are football snobs that think their "glory" past (?) guarantees them quality players who never make mistakes, and pr...[/quote]

That''s true, West Ham''s fans must be up there with Wolves and Spurs fans as the biggest whingers in football.

[quote]Re Item 4 This overzealous poster didn''t start any rumour ! Just repeated what I heard on national radio this morning for the benefit of more appreciative posters other than yourself it seems. I''...[/quote]

Them''s fighting words Jim.

For your future reference there are only four sources worth taking note of.

1. The Pink Un.

2. Sky Sports News.

3. Radio Norfolk

4. Me!. 

The reason I started a new thread Barclay IC, was simply to end this rumour. I see Worthy has now confirmed my suspicions. So yes, I told you so. Now live with it!.

And if you think I''m being arrogant now, just wait till February the 1st.

You ain''t seen nothing yet Jim !.

[quote]Them''s fighting words Jim. For your future reference there are only four sources worth taking note of. 1. The Pink Un. 2. Sky Sports News. 3. Radio Norfolk 4. Me!. The reason I started a new ...[/quote]

I see you have skillfully avoided retracting your statement that I started the rumour.

As to fighting ? Well I thought this Forum was for debating and sharing opinions, you obviously don''t.

So if thats what you want you do it I won''t encourage it by participating.

You are changing from a valuable contributor to a right pain in the butt.

So good bye I shall not contribute to this Forum again !

[quote]I see you have skillfully avoided retracting your statement that I started the rumour. As to fighting ? Well I thought this Forum was for debating and sharing opinions, you obviously don''t. So if th...[/quote]

Ye gods Jim, what''s rattled your cage today.

Yes, maybe you didn''t start the rumour, that fault lays with the radio station. So I will retract that part at least.

''Them''s fighting word''s'' is an old wild west joke, no more no less. And they certainly wasn''t meant to be taken in the way you just have.

A slight over reaction on your part if I may say so, but I still value you as a contributor to these boards if that helps.

So please reconsider mate.

"For your future reference there are only four sources worth taking note of.

3: Radio Norfolk"

LOL, come on Wizard, do you not think Radio Norfolk get their sporting/news info from their bigger BBC brother, R5 Live?

If it happens any further afield than Kings Lynn/Diss then Radio Norfolk is about as much use as a chocolate teapot. (some would argue, myself included that its as useless as that for all but 90 minutes a week)

I don''t want to know what Mabel and Arthur from Foulsham are having for their tea, thanks!

[quote]"For your future reference there are only four sources worth taking note of. 3: Radio Norfolk" LOL, come on Wizard, do you not think Radio Norfolk get their sporting/news info from their bigger BBC ...[/quote]

A rather nice leg of lamb, with roasts and seasonal veg, followed by Death By Chocolate pudding.

Some of us did want to know.

And for the football moaners...

Zamora is a donkey, pure and simple. Came from Brighton. They have a nice beach there for donkeys.

But with the money Worthy has, I''m afraid our only concern is exactly what level of donkey we will get. Cos small change don''t get quality. Simple.

Anyone know any cliches about peanuts and monkeys?

"Cos small change don''t get quality. Simple."

Try telling that to Worthy. He picked up Francis for next to nothing. It''d be a brave poster who''d argue hes not quality.

He also picked up Hucks on the cheap (admittedly not as cheap as Francis, and he does have a few more miles on the clock)

Theres 2 players I can see being natural choices even if we do bring in a proven top-flight goalscorer.

So many seem to doubt Worthington as if they''ve the memory of a goldfish.

[quote]A rather nice leg of lamb, with roasts and seasonal veg, followed by Death By Chocolate pudding. Some of us did want to know. And for the football moaners... Zamora is a donkey, pure and simple. Ca...[/quote]

Nice, we''ll be having that dinner on Sunday.As for Brighton, I used to live there and the beach certainly wouldn''t be good for donkeys - it''s all stones!I think Zamora could shine in our side; alright, he made his name banging them in against lower level defences but as other posters have indicated, he''s not been given the best of chances since.

Fantastic looks like 2005 has really started now. Nice to see we''ve advanced from slating the players we have to slating potential recruits saves time all round ...........

I dont who to attack?

Who should i abuse?

Bring on more rumours!!!

Stella Canary you think Rob Hulse would be good for us. Have a word.