Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Norwich vs Aston Villa- Match discussion thread.

Great start but you can''t help feeling we''re going to concede again unless we change something. Agbonlahor is getting one on one with our defenders far too often for my liking and we could really do with an extra midfielder to double up on him. Very concerned that we might end up with ten men if we keep going one on one against him. Great hit by Pilkington.

Agbonlahor is roasting Naughton. Barnett looks a bit nervy, but yet seems to have headed every ball that''s come his way. Ruddy made great block from Bent. Super Pilks goal. Thought Martin (?) could have stopped Agbonlahor''s cross before it came across to Bent. Holt started brightly but seems to have faded out of the game.... Strange half all-in-all, but still cause for some optimism.

If we don''t tighten up defensively, eg. Fox for Bennett, then we will concede again and probably lose.

You cnnot just rel upon out-scoring other sides in the Premiership. Vill''s defense may seem a bit shaky, but they defend in numbers and they are a Premiership defense after all.

If the score remains the same after 75 minutes, please go a bit more defensive PL.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

If we don''t tighten up defensively, eg. Fox for Bennett, then we will concede again and probably lose.

You cnnot just rel upon out-scoring other sides in the Premiership. Vill''s defense may seem a bit shaky, but they defend in numbers and they are a Premiership defense after all.

If the score remains the same after 75 minutes, please go a bit more defensive PL.

[/quote]

It''s happened sooner than I thought.

What a perfectly dreadful piece of defending, especially with the chance to put the ball out of play.

Now it''s got to be attack. Where''s Simeon?

I''ve never understood why we back pass to Ruddy so often, it must have happened 15+ times every match this season and it results in Ruddy lumping it upfield. I wish our defenders would just eliminate all threat of what just happened and just lump it long themselves!

That was inevitable. Woeful indecisive defending again. What was Martin doing? Clear the ball for heaven''s sake!

Well doesn''t seem like they will drop any points today.

Doesn''t sound like we have done anything this second half. Maybe (and I hate to say this) this is a start of a bad run? Not a good result against bottom of the league side last week, unless something drastic happens a loss today, playing Arsenal in two weeks.

Not giving up hope completely yet, but certainly not confidant now :(

Great fighting spirit, as ever.

Lambert showed a bit too much faith in a central midfield pairing that left the back line far too exposed. Apart from Tierney, the defence were a bundle of nerves when put under pressure.

Midfield is where we are lacking.. Johnsons a good player but needs to actually get back and help out rather than stand on the half way line and Point!there were too many gaps because the center backs had to do a central midfielders job! we need Crofts back in there i think.