Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

James Vaughan

the forgotten footballer.

Might be ready for action come the New Year, at least this was the original prognosis re: his knee injury.

Does anybody know if this is still the case? No recent information has come from the Club to my knowledge.

He seems a very promising prospect a young, fast (100 metres in 11.5 secs as a 13 y.o) goalscorer.

Everything seemed right when we signed him, albeit for an undisclosed fee.

Is his recovery still on course? If so it would be like a new signing when he returns to action. Yet current talk of Jordan Rhodes might suggest that things with him are not progressing according to plan.

One thing is for sure. If we had a fully fit Vaughan then we would not need to spend £3m on another striker.

At the time I thought I heard February for a return. He''ll no doubt be like a new signing, and I''m hoping his return will be a timely boost to help us push on and stay up next year. As he was starting to get more game time he was showing lots of promise.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Always was a big gamble, this guy could give Darren Anderton a run for his money in the sick-note competition.[/quote]

Bump?

Vaughan was the signing i was most excited about and still am... i have a feeling he will go on to be an absolute supertsar for us! hopefully he will get fit soon and prove me right...

This was his tweet to Micah Richards this morning:

done my knee again bro! Gutted 2 b fair but hopefuly be back playing soon

Yeesterday he tweeted ''''should be back in a couple of months '''' so looks like January we''ll have him back.

I''ve always been haunted by an Everton fan''s comment that he ''has knees made of cheese''.

I fear that he will never put together a chain of games for us and hopefully Lambert has a quality replacement lined up for January (Rhodes?).