Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Any idea as to which centre back we should sign in January 2012?

I would really like us to try and get Liam Ridgewell from Birmingham. Just have to beat Newcastle and West Brom to his signature. :/

Who needs a CB most posters think we will be ok with Jordan Rhodes?  Maybe he could do a shift at the back?

If we get our own players fit we don''t need to worry about buying and bedding in a new player mid season. Sometimes the answers are closer to home. Ayala, Ward, Whitbread, DeLaet - all good players. Give them the chance and they will do the job. PL will see to that!

If we are to get anyone would prefer a creative midfield player. Someone with abit of flair in the mould of say Pacheco. Would get the crowd going too.

I think it''s a bit too comfortable for Barnett and R Martin at the moment, with Ward, Whitbread and Ayala out. When them 3 are back in contention, each CB will have to be at their best to make the starting line up.

I''m not so sure we''ll be signing another cb.  We currently have 6 who could be considered first choice now.  Martin, Barnett, De Laet, Ward, Whitbred and Ayala...  While Ayala is unlikely to see much action, the others still deserve a chance.  Without getting rid of one of perhaps either Ward or Whitbred, i can see how we can sign a 7th....

No ideas who we could go for who would be any better that we have at the moment...  Ridgewell was mentioned, but hasn''t he been playing full back?  Not sure myself...

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Anybody have any good suggestions as to a centre back that we could sign in January 2012?[/quote]John Terry. He''d keep all the players on their toes re: partners/wives etc., and would also bring out the best in Leon Barnett.

Not John Terry.............

I want the pleasure of seeing him getting bundled over again by Grant Holt in our return match with Chelsea..................a picture indelibly printed in my mind from the last time.

We need to splash the cash on a top centre half in january.How about Samba or Olsson, they wont come to us however,but sure PL knows this is a must fill position if we are to keep our pl status.

No one else seems particularly interested in Pique...

Come on, he''s a World Cup winner, won everything and more at Barcelona over the past few seasons. Would give Russell Martin a little competition at CB....

I have to agree I think we need another holiding central midfielder like Bradley Johnson, I would personally like to see Frimpong from Arsenal (hope that rumour is true).

Centre backs will be sorted, at least I hope it will be once some of the players return from injury, I don''t think we need another striker although wouldn''t mind if we got another.

How close it Ward. Have to feel sorry for the boy but saying that I wasn''t fully convinced by his defending last season.

Who our are best centre backs ... they seem much of a muchness to me.

I''m sure an upgrade would happen in this department should we survive this season.