Arsenal(h) - l

QPR(h) - w

Man City(a) - l

Newcastle(h) - d

Everton(a) - l

Wolves(a) - w

Tottenham(h) - l

Fulham(h) - w

This takes us to the new year (january transfer window).

I think we need at least 8 points to keep the steady ship afloat.

I think we''ll get 10

Arsenal(h) - l

QPR(h) - d

Man City(a) - l

Newcastle(h) - w

Everton(a) - d

Wolves(a) - d

Tottenham(h) - d

Fulham(h) - w

My heart says 12 points my head says 5.

Arsenal(h) - L, 4-2

QPR(h) - D, 2-2

Man City(a) - L 8-1

Newcastle(h) - L, 1-2

Everton(a) -D, 1-1

Wolves(a) - L, 2-0

Tottenham(h) - L, 1-3

Fulham(h) - W, 2-1

Thought I would go the whole hogg and score predictions too.

Can''t see us beating Arsenal. Will be amazing if we do, and if RVP gets injured playing for Holland (presuming he is playing for them this weekend?) we might just have a chance..

QPR, should be a win but i''m just worried about that one.

Man.C, no way on earth were going to win that one. Man.C probably aren''t going to slow down all season to be honest, and there not going to struggle at all against us, it could be our worst result of the season.

If Newcastle stay unbeaten in their next 3 before playing us, I can''t see us being the first to beat them. However, since were at home maybe a draw, and if they do lose in the next 3 games I can see us taking 3 points.

Everton, depends on their form. They haven''t started well, as usual it seems. But they will no doubt start picking up more and more points, especially at home.

We will beat Wolves away, I can see that happening.

Spurs are a top team now, and anything against them even at home would be a bonus, but I can''t see it happening especially since we seem to be more fragile at home..

Fulham, 6-0 last tine, and while I think only Drury still remains at the club from then, i''m sure they will all know it was a 6-0 loss that sent Norwich down, and will know how much us fans want to beat Fulham. Win.

I think 6 points, but maybe 12 points if we improve on the mistakes. Which would be amazing.

Since Arsenal, Man.C, Newcastle and Spurs at the moment are teams that it looks like we have no chance agains, its really the other four we have to focus on. A win against QPR would be massive, its a shame that game is in between Arsenal and Man.C because it won''t allow for any momentum building, if we went from a win against QPR to play Newcastle, we might be better against them.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Can''t see us beating Arsenal. Will be amazing if we do, and if RVP gets injured playing for Holland (presuming he is playing for them this weekend?).[/quote]I don''t know, ask I''m a Banana [;)]

Arsenal(h) - a spirited defeat, we''re mugged at he death following another defensive Keystone Cop routineQPR(h) - win, Barton and Tarrabt kick off and are both red cardedMan City(a) - our first real spanking - I''m going for 7-0 (and we''re lucky to get 0)Newcastle(h) - win, Ruud Gullit, Jimmy Nail, Byker Grove, we gave your boys a helluva beating!Everton(a) - another away win against the unlikeable gobby scousers (never forgive them for that end of season Coventry travesty)Wolves(a) - win, we only  hate Wolves and IpswichTottenham(h) - A great big seasonal ding dong drawFulham(h) - Payback time, winThat''s 16 points by my reckoning - anny less than that and its "Sack Lambert" timeMungo

Arsenal(h) - 4-1 defeat

QPR(h) - 2-0 win

Man City(a) - 6-0 defeat (horrible feeling!)

Newcastle(h) - 2-1 defeat

Everton(a) - 2-2 draw

Wolves(a) - 1-0 win

Tottenham(h) - 1-1 draw

Fulham(h) - 2-1 win

That''ll be 11 points, which I''d be delighted with tbh!

Realistically, wins at home to QPR and Fulham, draws at Wolves and Everton, and although the other 4 look like defeats I think we will get a surprise point in one of them. So thats 9 points, which will leave us on 22 from the first half of the season, therefore on course for 44 from the full season.Should be enough to stay up.[:)]

Not that keen on these prediction threads but..................................

I wish some fans would show some faith in the team and manager. It will be tough but I wouldn''t rule out points at any of the eight games.

Before anyone accuses me of a lack of realism - look to yourselves first! Facts show we don''t lose that many games. Why are some of you predicting spankings at ManCity? When was the last time the team was spanked in a league match? Not under this manager.

No team is unbeatable.

5 home games. No reason why we can''t win these. 3 away games. History of this season says we could at least draw these games - even snatch wins. Say 3 draws. If we do this means 18 points. But there are 24 available.........

Also - where is the rule that says we have to bend over and let Arsenal and Spurs beat us at home?

Having said all the above, I agree with the view that we should take each game as it comes and treat it on it''s own merit.

But the aim of the exercise is to win matches - in case some of you had forgotten.

lake district canary, I''m not sure if you quite get this whole prediction thing...

Its not about faith in the team and manager, we all have a huge amount of faith and respect. But that doesn''t make our team any more likely to beat very hard to beat sides like Arsenal, Man.C, Newcastle and Spurs.

''No team is unbeatable'' ok, yes (although two of our next 4 games are against unbeaten tames), doesn''t mean we are going to beat them though.

We ARE NOT going to win our next 5 home games. I would love that to happen, but we''ve already failed 3 times at home when we should have done better against teams who aren''t as good (If we can''t beat Stoke, WBA and Blackburn at home, how will we beat Arsenal, Newcastle and Spurs?)

Were not going to bend over and let Arsenal and Spurs beat us, but please take 5 minuets to look at the league table, maybe the past few seasons league tables, their results and players. THEY ARE BETTER THAN US, they are favourites, while obviously we have a chance to get a result, odds are we won''t. We can''t just predict 8 wins because we have a chance.

Your last line is ridiculous you think we want to lose matches? No of course not, we want to win every game, but thats not going to happen. It isn''t pessimistic or disrespectful to predict losses or draws.

Your comment about Man.C, when was the last time we played a team playing as well as Man.C? Certainly not under this manager. Unless they play like they did against QPR (which they have done twice out of eleven league games...) they will beat us very easily, and if you can''t see that then.....

i really really can''t understand your view point lake district canary. Do you not realise that Arsenal, Man.C and Spurs are way above us in player ability? Newcastle are unbeaten, we couldn''t beat QPR last season (although draws were good results) and they have improved just as much as us this season. Everton could start hitting form at any time, they do this every season.

Were all Norwich fans, and we all want us to win every game. But your just being far to unrealistic and making it sound like the people predicting losses are showing a lack of faith and pessimistic. Go and ask Paul Lambert if he thinks Norwich fans saying we will probably lose to Arsenal and Man.C is showing a lack of faith....

I am very prepared to look over the next three games in regard to predictions.

Any further is unclear, yes there are ''must win games'' that I think are clear. Other teams form, I always take into consideration, and their (and our) mental state. Also we don''t know what injuries could be in place.

For me I am looking at this next 2 home games, one against a top team. Who will be full of confidence, but we should be ready and then an important game against qpr.

Liek the swansea game this will be a test of whom has come further over the summer and over the last few weeks. 3 points over the next two games and I''d be over the moon, I''d even be happy with one point.

"I''m not sure if you quite get this whole prediction thing... "

You''re right, Gingerpele, I don''t get it.

I could never predict that we will lose a match before it has happened. I don''t understand anyone who could predict that their team is going to lose any match.

I''ll have to stop posting on these threads because it winds me up that people are - apparently - so pessimistic about their team''s chances.

To my mind teams are there to be beaten whether its Torquay or Tottenham. The challenge is raising your game to match whatever is thrown at you, and with that in mind, I believe that you go into a match believing you can win it.

That is why I don''t understand some of these predictions.

It''s surely easy to say Man City are a better team therefore we''re going to lose 6 or 7 nil. Its a bit of a cop out and to me is insulting to our team and manager when they are trying their hardest to match these teams.

I don''t understand, but in a way I''m glad I don''t understand because I prefer to think we can win any match - even if it is against the odds.

I only look at it one game at a time so i''ll only discuss Arsenal. Going to be tough of course, but we''ve given Chelsea, Man United and Liverpool real tough battles so far away from home and possibly could have even won all three. No reason why we can''t do the same v Arsenal, wasn''t long ago that I''d have actually backed us to win but obviously they''ve got on a roll and have the form striker in European football and they''re best defender is getting back to full fitness and we will have to tighten up at the back and in midfield. If we can do this, there''s still no reason why we can''t snatch this by the odd goal I believe. Wolves did it to Chelsea and Man United and also won at Anfield last season, and are they any different from us? Of course not. Believe lads. OTBC

WWWWWWWW

8 wins, peice of cake...

Seriousley though, we are in a very precarious position, we''ve made a cracking start and i''m delighted with how well we''ve coped, however, we have a few games where we''re not realistically expected to take any points, Arsenal, Man City, Spurs...  mix into that some of our relegation rivals, Wolves, QPR, Fulham, Everton and we soon find ourselves somewhere in the middle of a run similar to what Wolves have just been on...  Its at this stage where we need to keep our heads, remember what got us where we are and remain confident and focused.  Realistically we''d be doing fairly well to get about 6/7 points, which would put us on 20 at the halfway point.  I''d take that...

Its really not hard to understand.

In most games (not all) one team is going to be the favourite. They are favourite for a reason. And it doesn''t matter if you support that team, the opposition or anyone else, the most likely outcome (especially when they are clear favourites, like Man.C will be).

We can win any match, predicting a loss doesn''t mean we will lose. Lambert isn''t going to come on here, read the predictions and think right lets not bother against Arsenal and Man.C because we have no chance. He and all the players are going to put in maximum effort. And the fans will be right behind them, wether they think were going to win or lose.

I don''t think we can''t beat Arsenal, but I think Arsenal will beat us.

Can you stop calling people pessimistic, because there really not. We are only Norwich city, we don''t have the right to expect to win every game, what we have to do is going into every game playing our best and try and get the right result. Lambert will not send the players out against Arsenal expecting a win, he will send them out telling them they can win if they do whatever he sees fit.

Seriously, can you not understand that at all?

predicting a loss against a better side is not pessimistic, its not admitting defeat its just predicting the most likely outcome. Some people might predict the win, in the unlikely even it does happen. Its not insulting to the team to predict a Man.C thrashing, did you not expect them to thrash QPR on Sunday? Do you not think a few QPR fans expected a thrashing? This is a team who''s bench would get into our starting line up without question, who''s bench are probably worth more than our whole club. That makes them (and their results this season) very likely to win, and pretty likely to thrash us.

Predictions aren''t based on who you support, you can''t just say Norwich aren''t going to lose because I support them and that would be disrespectful to the players. Thats not how it works, you wanting Norwich to lose would be. Predictions are based on players, results, odds, stats etc etc Obviously supporting biases come into it, and Norwich fans are going to on the most part predict much more optimistic results for Norwich than others would do, but essentially most are able to keep their predictions sensible.

Arsenal will come to Carrow Road, expecting to win. They are the better team, RVP is scoring left right and centre, they have two very dangerous and pacey wingers (and we have struggled to deal with even one pacey winger..) and a few other decent players. They are on form, and while we have been playing well we have been getting poor results at home, bar Swansea and Sunderland, lost to Man.U and Chelsea, which then makes games against the big teams harder because we''ve already failed to take advantage even though we played very well, we did manage a draw against Liverpool which was an amazing result, but it was also very lucky, I bet any other match you give Suarez 10+ shots he will score a couple...

We can win any match, anyone can win any match. But that doesn''t mean we are going to win any match. Arsenal are probably going to win, thats why nearly everyone will be predicting an Arsenal win. But that doesn''t mean we all turn up at Carrow road looking depressed knowing were going to lose, because we don''t know were going to lose, the result isn''t final until the full time whistle, and up until that point we still have a chance.

You need to stop looking at predictions in the way that you are, its just wrong I know that sounds like me telling you what to do (well, doesn''t sound like it, it is) but i''m fairly sure thats how predictions work and you are looking at it in the completely wrong light.

We are, yes were doing very well. And have a great team who are doing their best. But if that is our best, its not exactly wonderful? (And why should it be? What Paul Lambert has done on this budget is amazing to be honest) at this current time, there are 8 teams above us in the league, that means 8 teams have so far been better than us over the 11 games. In the next 8 games, we are facing 4 of those teams. If we lose to those four, and get a mixture of wins and draws in the other four, that probably keeps us in a similar position, which would be great.

We are only Norwich City, and while what we have done this season and the past two under Lambert is wonderful, it doesn''t mean we can go into games against Arsenal and Man.C expecting to win. We can go into those games with a chance of getting something, but expecting to win?

I hear you GP and understand what you say, so I''ll try to predict as objectively as I can and I''ll stop calling people pessimistic if people stop calling me unrealistic................

But I can only predict what I believe can happen.

I think PL will sort out the defence in this break - so......

Arsenal - 2 - 1 city

QPR - 1 - 0 city

Man City - 0 - 0 draw

Newcastle - 2 - 1 city

Everton - 1 -1 draw

Wolves - 2 - 1 city

Tottenham - 2 - 2 draw

Fulham - 3 - 1 city

20 points. Easy.

Perhaps I like this predicting game after all!

Having seen some peoples predictions for the Man City game and us getting hammered, My prediction is that we wont take a serious beating all season. 9 points from next 8 for me.

Arsenal - 3-3 D
QPR - 1 - 2  W
Man City - 3 - 1 L
Newcastle - 2 - 2 D
Everton - 1 -1 D
Wolves - 2 - 1 W
Tottenham - 2 - 2 D
Fulham - 2 - 1 W

13 points

Arsenal(h) - D 2-2

QPR(h) - W 2-1

Man City(a) - L 4-1

Newcastle(h) - D 1-1

Everton(a) L 2-0

Wolves(a) - D 2-2

Tottenham(h) - L 1-2

Fulham(h) - W 2-0

9 points which i would probably take

[quote user="Grow Up Mate"]Arsenal(h) - D 2-2 QPR(h) - W 2-1 Man City(a) - L 4-1 Newcastle(h) - D 1-1 Everton(a) L 2-0 Wolves(a) - D 2-2 Tottenham(h) - L 1-2 Fulham(h) - W 2-0 9 points which i would probably take[/quote]

Would love to see us get a draw against Arsenal but can''t see it happening hand on heart.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I hear you GP and understand what you say, so I''ll try to predict as objectively as I can and I''ll stop calling people pessimistic if people stop calling me unrealistic................

But I can only predict what I believe can happen.

I think PL will sort out the defence in this break - so......

Arsenal - 2 - 1 city

QPR - 1 - 0 city

Man City - 0 - 0 draw

Newcastle - 2 - 1 city

Everton - 1 -1 draw

Wolves - 2 - 1 city

Tottenham - 2 - 2 draw

Fulham - 3 - 1 city

20 points. Easy.

Perhaps I like this predicting game after all![/quote]

6-8 Pts realistically.Any more than 8 ....Happy XmasAny less than 6.........Sleepless Nights

I meant to say, in reply to LDC''s post, unless I''m missing something the sums don''t add up.

For me a tough run of games, wins against QPR and Fulham, draw at either Wolves or Everton. 7 points.