Sign in to follow this  
hucks@dh6.co.uk

Match report against Villa

Hi all, a few on here thought i was over critical on Radio on Saturday, just called it how I saw it, here''s my match review, like I said call it as I see it http://www.dh6.co.uk/s31a1n159p1/Aston-Villa-v-Norwich-City.html

Hucks

Didn''t hear what you said on the radio as I was at the game but your match report seems pretty spot on to me Hucks.

Would be interested to hear your opinion on what formation you think we should use against Arsenal , 442 with Holt/Morrsion upfront but sacrifice Wes or back to one upfront and  our diamond formation which accomodates Wes much better ( in my opinion)

Looking forward to your fans forum at the Lansdowne Hotel on Dec 7th, should be a good night [:)]

Another good and fair report, its a shame you had to list 5 bad points, but all of them are right really. Hopefully we can improve on the last couple of performances and give Arsenal a run for their money.

I didn''t listen to the commentary on saturday, but i''m sure it can''t have been that bad, even as a NCFC fan you have to try and call the game fairly?

Good accurate report Hucks.... of course:)

The Johnson injury had a big effect on our defensive qualities I thought. A difficult call for Lambo. I think it was correct to play Holt and Morrison but possibly Bennett should have been the unfortunate one to be dropped rather than Fox. With Johnson and Fox on the pitch I think the front two would have had better service.

All in all, it'' s a learning curve. Am I being too optimistic in thinking we will survive? The month of January will be interesting!

Yep all agreed - I may have given slightly more praise to the Ruddy save from Bent fairly early on, I thought Ruddy reacted and moved his shoulder up to block it in which case it was a very good pointblank save.

Other than that, it''s pretty much spot on and from having read a few threads on here since Saturday, I think most people will agree with what you''ve said.

Good analysis; a worry that Morrison & Holt failed to impress against solid if unspectacular defenders and Wes did struggle in an midfield that for me was too light.

More than anything today showed Bennett, Pilkington & Wes cant play in midfield in a 442. They are born for a 4231.

Hi City Angel, I''m looking forward to the 7th, should be a interesting evening, I personally don''t think Wes can play in a 2 in midfield, he needs to be higher up the pitch to influence the game, 5 in midfield gives us a extra man, sometimes needed when playing against the best, I would be surprised if we don''t revert back to that, it''s only going to get tougher, but Lambert in my opinion is one of the best managers in the league, so no worrys yet

Hi Hucks, good match report as always.one question i have is that everyone goes on about Pace, Pace, Pace in the premiership and we saw it to good effect with Agbonlahor but how important is pace in the premiership? is it the be all and end all as some pundits would have us beleive?

[quote user="hucksdh6couk"]Hi City Angel, I''m looking forward to the 7th, should be a interesting evening, I personally don''t think Wes can play in a 2 in midfield, he needs to be higher up the pitch to influence the game, 5 in midfield gives us a extra man, sometimes needed when playing against the best, I would be surprised if we don''t revert back to that, it''s only going to get tougher, but Lambert in my opinion is one of the best managers in the league, so no worrys yet[/quote]

Thanks for the reply, I agree Wes needs to be higher up the pitch and also think we''ll revert back to that formation against Arsenal.

As for Lambert agree we have one of the best there and whatever decisions he makes we know we can trust him to get it roght most of the time.

Dont forget everyone if you''d like to come along and join us at the ''''Evening with Hucks '''' on Dec 7th at the Lansdowne Hotel just email us at INCSCevents@gmail.com  as space is linited.

Jas, think the vast majority of players in the prem have got at least a good turn of pace, it''s not he b all and end all, but sometimes fast players ( who play a certain way on there day are virtually impossible to stop) like Agbonlahor was at villa park, I still we lack brute pace, but it cost money

It''s funny how in our league, pace seems to be key, but looking at the Spanish side there isn''t a vast array of pace throughout the side, just a bucket load of skill, flair, creativity and confidence on the ball. Could do with some of that for our national side!