Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Injured players returning?

According to Vaughany''s twitter he is now free of crutches and his knee brace is off as from today. So i''m guessing Lambert may be correct in saying he won''t be fit until the new year.

I think Whitbread was supposed to be the closest and was touted to be in the reserve squad which played Villa (or Swansea??)...But i''m guessing he''s had some kind of setback as he didn''t feature.

Wardy hopefully back after the international break, or did i misread something somewhere?

Pretty sure Lambert said Ayala will be out for ''a few months'' when he got injured so no indications.

Same for Smith i guess, no idea!

Lambert said James Vaughan and Korey Smith were ''long term'' (End of January / February)

Ayala was initially diagnosed as a ''few months'',might see him at the end of this calendar year.

Ward and Whitbread - Both should have recovered by now but both are injury-prone and seem to have suffered setbacks, maybe another month.

In order of possible return I would go:

Ward

Whitbread

Ayala

Vaughan

Smith

According to the player profiles all three centre backs will be back before the Jan window opens again.

Hopefully this will give them time to show us that they are worthy of playing in the prem or surely PL will be getting a solid centre back in the steady the ship?

I feel Ayala will become a great signing for us once he has settled in and played a good few games (going on what a lot of Liverpool fans have said about him). I also believe Whitbread will help us out as he does not seem to prone to ''major'' errors.

Ward coming back could be amazing for us. know hes unproven at this level but i thought he was amazing for us last year

Whilst Ward was good for us last season, I''ve got my doubts about his ability to hack it in this League!

Whitbread also falls into the same category and like Ward is very injury prone!

Ayala - hopefully like all CB''s will improve as he heads towards his mid and late 20''s!

I think Russell Martin is now starting to show his limitations at CB and if the above 3 don''t show enough then I think a new CB coming in January could be crucial!

i duno, personally i think he was better than good for us last year. im just hoping he can make that step up and solve whats appearing to be the biggest problem we have this year. hoping ward / ayala combo may do a job for us but, as you say, is hugely dependant on fitness. agree rus martins starting to show a few errors but has done an special job out of position. time will tell im guessing, sure lambert won''t throw money at it if he doesn''t have to but if injuries don''t write themselves i''ve got a feeling his hand will be forced regardless

It''s a tricky one.  If all 3 centre backs are back before the Jan window opens, it will be like having 3 new defenders to choose from but will they have time to show Lambert enough or will he still get someone in?  It all depends I suppose where he thinks we need that helping hand the most.