Sign in to follow this  
BarclayCanary (Former HDDH)

Match Programs

I''ve got every single home match programme from the last 11 years :)

Even the games I haven''g got to, my Grandad still does, and on the very odd occasion (once or twice) both of us missed the same game, he would lend one of his friends our season tickets and they would get me the programme.

I also have a load from the late 80s/early 90s from a I think former poster on here, who needed to get rid of them and wasn''t looking for any money.

I like to keep them, occasionally go back through them, although now their stored at my Grandad''s as ran out of room at home :)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I''ve got every single home match programme from the last 11 years :) Even the games I haven''g got to, my Grandad still does, and on the very odd occasion (once or twice) both of us missed the same game, he would lend one of his friends our season tickets and they would get me the programme. I also have a load from the late 80s/early 90s from a I think former poster on here, who needed to get rid of them and wasn''t looking for any money. I like to keep them, occasionally go back through them, although now their stored at my Grandad''s as ran out of room at home :)[/quote]

I use''d to collect them till it cost me a lot of money to repair the loft, Now I collect the match day badge, put on a cork board in order and season by season hung up in the hallway on show, Along with my season tickets, I think that looks better than  a pile of boxes in the loft, some people  save programs to find out things about the club but its just as easy if not simple to check on line.

i dont buy rogrammes and havent in years.. stupidly priced imo! i used to though.. got loads at home.. i was going to sell them on ebay but started looking through them when i was lisiting them.. put them all back in the box and back in the loft... i couldnt ever part with them...

I used to collect them (still buy one at games now for others to read when I get home).

20 years plus ago, I got out of a relationship in a hurry, and left my four figure collection of programmes in her loft, and didn''t go back for them.

In the greater scheme of things - right choice!!

I have loads in a suitcase ,most of them are complete seasons at home around 1974 to 78 and many around the early 90''s . Not sure why i keep them really .

There’s a guy who I see on the train every now and again who has all the home and away Norwich progs for at least last 35 years, maybe more.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]There’s a guy who I see on the train every now and again who has all the home and away Norwich progs for at least last 35 years, maybe more.[/quote]

And has he told you where his warehouse is ?,

Thinking about our conversation, it''s the last 45 years worth of progs not 35 years as he mentioned a few in the seasons in the 1960''s he is missing.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

Thinking about our conversation, it''s the last 45 years worth of progs not 35 years as he mentioned a few in the seasons in the 1960''s he is missing.

[/quote]

I take my. hat off to him I had around 12 year''s of programs and they took up a lot of floor space.

my family are the proud owners of every programme (home and away) since 1964. We have many cupboards that they live in! We have one programme from 1920 (second football league game at the nest), we won 6-0.

Got a £6 England programme yesterday.

Not worth £6, but silly thing is whenever I next go to an England game, i''ll probably still buy the over priced programme.