Sign in to follow this  
Lennon7

Decent little Chris Martin compilation video here..

Nice little compilation. You can sometimes forget how good a finisher the lad is. Also for anyone else who watches it, can they sport THAT goal against Leeds at Carrow Rd in there? I think i missed it.

Only just turned 23 too. He''s only young give him time i say. Next season''s his chance. Might be worth going out on loan at christmas though

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

He has ability, there''s no doubt about it. Will we see him in a yellow first- team shirt this season though? I hope so, because I think he''d take his chances in the Prem...

[/quote]

He didn''t take his chances at the start of this season though...

He did alright League One. Had endless chances and a big run of games to do it in the Championship, scored 4 goals. He had a good run at the start of the season, scored none. Enough.

''Did alright in League One'' Ok... Alright? Didn''t really need to read any more of that post to tell it would be utter garbage.

''Endless chances'' Really, endless? I can''t remember him missing that many to be honest? I remember lots of times him passing instead of shooting, obviously lacking confidence on that front.

''good run''

Right, 80 mins against Stoke, very physical team did well to win the ball in the air, hold it up, play people in etc. And then for 15/20 mins chases every long ball from the defence after sending off. Can take nothing but credit for that performance.

Chelsea, at that stage weren''t leaky in defence, only plus for us was Hilario. Martin worked well to get a very good shot off early on, maybe could have scored but Morison has missed a lot more better chances.

WBA, no one played particularly well. Team and formation didn''t work, no attacking threat, Lambert has to take as much blame as anyone for that performance to be honest.

Some people really have a pathetic attitude when it comes to Chris Martin, don''t really know why i''m bothering to reply because you obviously don''t care, your completely set in your view that Martin is crap and can only base his performances on goal scoring and fail to see any good.

[quote user="Captain Holts Derby Day Hat-Trick"]He did alright League One. Had endless chances and a big run of games to do it in the Championship, scored 4 goals. He had a good run at the start of the season, scored none. Enough.[/quote]

Spot on !!

This serves as a timely reminder to us fans as to what Chris Martin can offer.I don''t think there''s any doubt over his talent and potential- I''ve always enjoyed watching him play and he''s often touted as the best finisher we have at the club.No, the only thing that seems to be questioned continually is his attitude/temprament. He''s had his problems but we all thought these were behind him. Last season we had the theory/excuse that maybe his new baby was contributing to sleepless nights and a lack of focus.I''m not sure.It would be great if the excuses disappeared and we got to see the best of a fantastic player, although there always seems to be something hanging over his head. At the moment I can''t work out Lambert''s plans for him and I don''t think Martin would fancy leaving the area either. All I can say is I don''t believe they should let him go anywhere (aside from the loan option). If he can show that passion and desire that was shown in League One/Start of the Championship season once more, we''d still have one hell of a player on our hands.

His fundamental problem at Prem level is a lack of pace and that is something that can never be corrected, unfortunately.  

[quote user="Gingerpele"]''Did alright in League One'' Ok... Alright? Didn''t really need to read any more of that post to tell it would be utter garbage. ''Endless chances'' Really, endless? I can''t remember him missing that many to be honest? I remember lots of times him passing instead of shooting, obviously lacking confidence on that front. ''good run'' Right, 80 mins against Stoke, very physical team did well to win the ball in the air, hold it up, play people in etc. And then for 15/20 mins chases every long ball from the defence after sending off. Can take nothing but credit for that performance. Chelsea, at that stage weren''t leaky in defence, only plus for us was Hilario. Martin worked well to get a very good shot off early on, maybe could have scored but Morison has missed a lot more better chances. WBA, no one played particularly well. Team and formation didn''t work, no attacking threat, Lambert has to take as much blame as anyone for that performance to be honest. Some people really have a pathetic attitude when it comes to Chris Martin, don''t really know why i''m bothering to reply because you obviously don''t care, your completely set in your view that Martin is crap and can only base his performances on goal scoring and fail to see any good.[/quote]

Huzzah!! [Y]

That was nice, cheers! [:)] I''d like him to be given more of a shot. I can only assume he is injured otherwise Wilbraham wouldn''t get in infront of him.

[quote user="Barnett is King"]That was nice, cheers! [:)] I''d like him to be given more of a shot. I can only assume he is injured otherwise Wilbraham wouldn''t get in infront of him.
[/quote]

Like Wilbraham, Chris Martin has been playing in the reserves so isn''t injured. A strange one, as with Holt and Morison in the squad, it would seem to me that C.Martin offers something different whether that be upfront or in the Hoolahan role than what Wilbraham offers upfront, but Lambert is picking Wilbraham ahead of C.Martin for one reason or another.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Nice little compilation. You can sometimes forget how good a finisher the lad is. Also for anyone else who watches it, can they sport THAT goal against Leeds at Carrow Rd in there? I think i missed it.[/quote]that goal is in my top 5 favourite moments supporting City... that picture the EDP managed to snap of All the Leeds players on the ground and Super Chris running off in celebration is one of my favourite photos ever![img]http://www.canaries.co.uk/javaImages/aa/bf/0,,10355~8699818,00.jpg[/img]anyone know where theres a bigger one?

It''s amazing how good someone with no pace,strength or heading abilities is.Great vid[Y][;)]

Without doubt Chris Martin is good at League 1 level but he isn''t good enough for the Premiership!

I can see him moving on and if he doesn''t cut it at his next club end like his mate Spillane now going for trials with Cambridge Utd!

[quote user="Herman "]

It''s amazing how good someone with no pace,strength or heading abilities is.Great vid[Y][;)]

[/quote]

4 goals in two seasons says it all really.

I agree Paul Moy, this Chris Martin love in by some is a load of bull. If he was that good we wouldn''t of signed Vaughen and possibly Morison in the summer. Pilkington and Bennett re younger than C Martin and playing regularly, that says it all!

Though I''d love Chris Martin to prove me wrong!

A certain regular Premiership striker was playing conference football at 23. To write off a player at 23, saying its not that young is very very silly in this day and age especially.

Paul Moy, 2 seasons? Were 11 games into this season. How would you like it if I said Cody Mac has only scored 1 goal in 1 season...

And grantroederdisaster, I find your anti-Martin a load of bull. WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY do you think you have the right to write of a player? If he wasn''t good enough he wouldn''t be at the club. The fact he wasn''t shipped out in january, hasn''t been sent out on loan or released to find another club despite the fact he''s not currently in the first team shows he still currently has a place at the club. Can you please stop acting like your some kind of footballing expert and give and opinion rather than facts. If your really dead set on being so anti-Martin, at least say '' I don''t think he''s up to the job, doesn''t seem to have enough pace or strength) and the not enough strength thing is bull, he had enough strength against Stoke and Chelsea, but because he didn''t score we have to forget those games, because its impossible to judge a striker on anything other than goals...

He may very well leave in January, but until he does just saying ''I hope he proves me wrong'' doesn''t justify your seriously disrespectful comments on a current NCFC player. You may think it means nothing, but it obviously does effect players, you think if Martin reads or gets told about all the negative stuff about him on here he won''t care?

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]

[/quote]Really sad that a Norwich supporter has to manipulate stats to slate one of their own home-grown players. You might not rate Martin, which is more than fair enough, but please spare us these ridiculous comments.Oh, by the way, how''s Cody "brace on his debut, top scorer in the Championship" McDonald getting on at Coventry by the way? Your judgement says it all really.

Here we go again Ginger Pele!

I got slated for saying that the golden boys of a few years back the Jarvis bros would never make it and look where they are now!

Chris Martin is without doubt better than the Jarvis brothers put together but unfortunately for him the club has moved on very quicker up to a level beyond his. He wasn''t out of the ordinary last season in the Championship and this season is way out of his depth. Nothing nasty, disgraceful or a personnal vendetta against Chris Martin just stating facts.

You should do what the club have done Ginger pele and move on. I''ll always remember Chris Martin for his trememendous camapaign in our League 1 title winning season, the same as guys like Michael Nelson and Simon Lappin who also excelled at that time but hes limited at any level above that like those two and the club has moved on so sooner rather than later he''ll get moved on!

PAUL MOY! THERE;S ONLY ONE PAUL MOY!

Talking sense. He was good for us in league one, we soon got rid in the championship, and now the premiership. He''s never gonna make it for us.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Really sad that a Norwich supporter has to manipulate stats to slate one of their own home-grown players. You might not rate Martin, which is more than fair enough, but please spare us these ridiculous comments.

Oh, by the way, how''s Cody "brace on his debut, top scorer in the Championship" McDonald getting on at Coventry by the way? Your judgement says it all really.[/quote]

Time will tell on Cody... it''s already told on CM. 

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Video shows how good he can be, he''s now gotta buckle down and improve for the Premiership. I do hope he''s got the right attitude for it.
[/quote]

[Y]This.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]Nice little compilation. You can sometimes forget how good a finisher the lad is. Also for anyone else who watches it, can they sport THAT goal against Leeds at Carrow Rd in there? I think i missed it.[/quote]

that goal is in my top 5 favourite moments supporting City... that picture the EDP managed to snap of All the Leeds players on the ground and Super Chris running off in celebration is one of my favourite photos ever!

[img]http://www.canaries.co.uk/javaImages/aa/bf/0,,10355~8699818,00.jpg[/img]

anyone know where theres a bigger one?
[/quote]

The larger sized ones have been taken down from the wallpapers section.Any help Pete??

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Really sad that a Norwich supporter has to manipulate stats to slate one of their own home-grown players. You might not rate Martin, which is more than fair enough, but please spare us these ridiculous comments.

Oh, by the way, how''s Cody "brace on his debut, top scorer in the Championship" McDonald getting on at Coventry by the way? Your judgement says it all really.[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, Cody is two years older or anything...

Anyone who thinks they can write a 23 year old is quite frankly stupid....

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] Yeah, Cody is two years older or anything... Anyone who thinks they can write a 23 year old is quite frankly stupid....[/quote]

He''s not a Prem striker due to many deficiencies which I won''t bother repeating and probably Cody will never be either, but Cody has heading ability, pace and a great attitude which is a firm basis for success.  All I will say is that Cody will finish his career at a consistently higher level than CM IMO due to those attributes. CM has had seven years and many chances to prove himself with a successful side whereas Cody has had nothing like that but is now getting a consistent chance at last, albeit with a struggling side, which will obviously make his job much tougher.