Sign in to follow this  
Carra Rud

The Froidee Fillum: Wycombe (a) 09/10

By no means a ''modern-day classic'', but a significant three points to secure second place in League One nearly two years ago. Overtaking Charlton Athletic in League One, for the rest of the season we never looked back.Scott Shearer played a blinder.City''s Team: F Forster, M Nelson, R Martin, A Drury, G Doherty, D Russell, W Hoolahan, S Lappin, K Smith, C Martin, G Holt

i remember this game... Shearer made save after save after save... the game of his life! we scored in the 88th minute i think and i actually felt a bit bad for Shearer.

Korey’s goal wasn’t as late as the 88th minute, but we did leave it late that day. It was very cold, I had my picture taken with Captain Canary (again), and I was hit by one of the many wayward shots by Pitman the Wycombe striker, despite us having seats towards the back of the stand. After the game Gemma wanted to go to the toilets so we were one of the last out of the ground and ended up right at the end of the queue for the park and ride at the shopping centre by the M40. One of the buses was taken out of service so we had to wait around an hour to get back to our car and the inner Ready-Brek glow of our win was starting to wear off.

One of the many very good away days of a couple of seasons ago.

Thanks, I remember this game fondly and in a lot of ways it sums up our League 1 Champions season. 

Wycombe were a solid and well-disciplined team and made it hard for us.  We were on top throughout but their keeper was outstanding and you began to feel it would be one of those days.  For past Norwich teams it probably would have been and around 75 minutes the players would''ve begun to stop believing, but instead we kept on plugging away.   Wycombe had few chances although there were a few scares on the break, but their strikers always looked most likely to put anything into row Z (if indeed the stand went back as far as Z).  Finally our pressure paid off and we had a more-than-deserved 1-0 win. 

Exactly the sort of performance you need to put in to win things.

My next away trip is ManC and remembering this one makes me appreciate it all the more.