Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week ten of the Rays Funds for FONCY season. This week, it’s Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox in charge and making the final selections. Devon has been with us from the start since way back in 2006 and has been virtually ever present since. Always up and around the top of our league he has shown himself to be consistently one of our very best PUPs. This season is no exception and Devon only lost his 100% record last weekend in that shock result from Huddersfield. However he still occupies his usual place near the top of our league with an 8/9 89% strike rate. One of the great things about these threads is how they bring together fans from all over. Some of us PUPs have been lucky enough to have met Devon at a couple of games last season. I often think Ray’s greatest legacy is the friendships that have been forged through the Rays Funds threads.

Now good as Devon is he will still need all you PUPs to be on top form if he’s going to get his name on Ray’s signature and add to our total for the academy. Don’t forget we need your very best selection from the games being played this weekend. Don’t worry if someone else has already napped your selection because a weight of numbers can be a great help. This weekend the domestic program is dominated by the FA Cup. We also have the Scottish leagues some of the European leagues and a few international friendlies to choose from. On the face of it this means there’s a reduced choice for us but I’m sure Devon is the right man to find us six winning selections from the ammunition we provide. Remember we can only consider matches that are listed by Bet365 for the final selections. This is imperative because I will be placing the bets there online. Bet365 website is here but you can just as easily check by using our old favourite odds checker.com. If you’re unsure ask on the thread and I’m sure one of us can help you.

I’ve provisionally set the rota for December. This takes in the Christmas and New Year games : -

December 3rd - Mr. Bump

December 11th - Inch High

December 18th - Davo

December 26th - Til1010

December 31st - Graham Humphrey

As always let me know if these dates aren’t suitable. They can easily be changed.

Ill hand the thread over to Devon now. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Ben ... the free bet is yours.......[:)].......

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,2, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, yes Norfolkchance1 £1324 for the Academy,so far.

Going for the FA Cup this weekend, where Bristol Rovers conference north side Corby..

BRISTOL ROVERS vs Corby Town- Home Win

Good luck :)

Really looking forward to this one as its my first set of final selections in a couple of seasons since the BT home hub disaster that nearlly left us without a set of final selections

Would have been nicer to come into this one with still a 100% record but the season is a long one so plenty of time to get my name back to the top

Good luck everyone, lets take some cash from those dirty bookies

Somewhere different this week the Australian A league

BRISBANE ROAR      V Wellington Phoenix.              HOME WIN

Good luck DDD and all PUPS[Y]

Taking the plunge into the FA Cup this week and

Blyth Spartans v Gateshead - Away win (8/11 0n bet365)

Best of luck DDD, and of course all PUPs.

[quote user="Hissing Sid"]Taking the plunge into the FA Cup this week and Blyth Spartans v Gateshead - Away win (8/11 0n bet365) Best of luck DDD, and of course all PUPs.[/quote]

I hate to put people off selections, and i admire the diversity of selection.  However, if i was the picker, i would not be choosing this selection without some more info on why someone has picked it, IE, are Gateshead in good form?  Have Blyth got injuries or suspensions? How many leagues difference between the 2 teams?

This could be a really good odds booster, but we''d just need a little more info to justify a slightly obscure selection.  Likewise, i''d be releuctant to go for lower league teams, or teams that are not even professional, as realistically anyone can beat anyone.  Banana has been banging on about this for a while, and i do tend to agree, but we dont need much of an explanation when someone just writes Barca, Real Madrid, Man U, Bayern etc as we all know the quality these teams have..

I''m not having a go or anything Sid, I just think it''d help the picker when selecting the final six.  There have been some really good naps in the last few weeks, like Levante who were 10/3, usually most people wouldn''t bet on them, but Villareal were in the middle of an injury crisis and only won 2 or 3 times, Levante had just beaten Real Madrid...

I''m as bad as anyone, but lets try and give the picker as much info so they can make an informed decision, if you dont have the time to write lots of info, so be it, but the more info we can get on a team the better, it may also help us with our own lines...

Highland League for me this week.... Forres Mechanics are top of the league & 7-0-0 F21 A4 at home.  Fancy them to beat the beautifully named Buckie Thistle who are mid-table with an average away record.Good luck - wouldn''t fancy this week, hell of a tough one but I''m sure you can do it!

[quote user="jed exodous"]

[quote user="Hissing Sid"]Taking the plunge into the FA Cup this week and Blyth Spartans v Gateshead - Away win (8/11 0n bet365) Best of luck DDD, and of course all PUPs.[/quote]

I hate to put people off selections, and i admire the diversity of selection.  However, if i was the picker, i would not be choosing this selection without some more info on why someone has picked it, IE, are Gateshead in good form?  Have Blyth got injuries or suspensions? How many leagues difference between the 2 teams?

This could be a really good odds booster, but we''d just need a little more info to justify a slightly obscure selection.  Likewise, i''d be releuctant to go for lower league teams, or teams that are not even professional, as realistically anyone can beat anyone.  Banana has been banging on about this for a while, and i do tend to agree, but we dont need much of an explanation when someone just writes Barca, Real Madrid, Man U, Bayern etc as we all know the quality these teams have..

I''m not having a go or anything Sid, I just think it''d help the picker when selecting the final six.  There have been some really good naps in the last few weeks, like Levante who were 10/3, usually most people wouldn''t bet on them, but Villareal were in the middle of an injury crisis and only won 2 or 3 times, Levante had just beaten Real Madrid...

I''m as bad as anyone, but lets try and give the picker as much info so they can make an informed decision, if you dont have the time to write lots of info, so be it, but the more info we can get on a team the better, it may also help us with our own lines...

[/quote]

Hmm, well ok then. Gateshead are 6th in the BS premier with 6 wins from 9 away from home, Blyth are bottom of BS North with 2 wins all season. Of course these are league figures, but calling any cup game is tricky I''m sure you''ll agree.

[quote user="Hissing Sid"][quote user="jed exodous"]

[/quote]

Hmm, well ok then. Gateshead are 6th in the BS premier with 6 wins from 9 away from home, Blyth are bottom of BS North with 2 wins all season. Of course these are league figures, but calling any cup game is tricky I''m sure you''ll agree.

[/quote]

When put like that, it sounds a lot better...

Sorry I missed last week - was away in the sticks (LLyn Peninsular) with no/limited internet - had to wait for MOTD for the main game - eeeek!!!Anyhoo, back to this week; FA Cup - (a local team to me) Tranmere to beat Cheltenham please.Good luck all - especially triple D !

FA Cup for me this week.FC Halifax v CHARLTON - AWAY WIN on Sunday.No explanation needed!Good luck Ben, keep posting as often as possible, I love looking at your avatar! [;)]Hopefully we''ll get to meet up soon.Leedscanary

Slightly worse odds than I usually go for, but still far too long at 5/6, I''m going to be unpatriotic and go for -

England v SPAIN - Away win - 5/6

I think that Colombia will beat Venezuela.

I''m afraid I can''t justify the selection with any more than "it''s a hunch" and historically Colombia are the stronger footballing nation.

They also shoot their players when they lose so that always has to be an incentive.

Good Luck everyone.

Welcome Eric! You are now a PUP for your sins[&][Y]

Now I was feeling guilty because I started to feel I had dropped Devon in it by giving him this week. But as always you PUPs have come up trumps in finding good selections for him to consider. Herman even went to Australia to find his. Good on ya sport[;)]

I''m off to another part of the world for mine. Brazil''s top league where Fluminense are at home to America MG. Fluminense sit third just 2 points behind Corinthians while America MG are rock bottom. Fluminense are W11 D1 L4 F28 A17 at home. America MG are W0 D6 L10 away from home. The game kicks off at 9pm on Saturday and Fluminense look fairly priced on Bet365 at 4/9 for the home win.

Fluminense            V            America MG            Home Win.

Good luck Ben and all you intrepid PUPs!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Thanks very much Nige. Glad to be on board.

BUT..... you''ll just have to run over the rules of this PUP thingy. What does it entail exactly ? Does someone hotfoot it down to the Castle Mall branch of  William Hill, armed with all these predictions and shove a few quid on them ? I assume any winnings go to FONCY.

Also , how many goes are you allowed each week ? And, how obscure is permissible ? I notice you''ve gone for a Brazilian game ,but would, say, a sneaky punt on a top of the table clash in the North Korean Premier League between Pyongyang Utd and Kim Jong Il Athletic be permissible ?

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Thanks very much Nige. Glad to be on board.

BUT..... you''ll just have to run over the rules of this PUP thingy. What does it entail exactly ? Does someone hotfoot it down to the Castle Mall branch of  William Hill, armed with all these predictions and shove a few quid on them ? I assume any winnings go to FONCY.

Also , how many goes are you allowed each week ? And, how obscure is permissible ? I notice you''ve gone for a Brazilian game ,but would, say, a sneaky punt on a top of the table clash in the North Korean Premier League between Pyongyang Utd and Kim Jong Il Athletic be permissible ?

[/quote]

The Pink Un Message Board''s Rays Funds For FONCY Thread: -

These threads were set up by my good friend Ray Ducker (Arrdee) to raise money for the Academy. Theres a new thread every week where Pink Un Pickers (PUPs) from all over the world unite to try and get a winning line of six correct results from the weekends football fixtures. It used to be a free bet because it was sponsored but starting with 2011/12 season it''s financed by the PUPs generosity.

How It Works : -

Every Wednesday during the season I start the new weeks thread. The ''Pink Un Pickers'' (PUPs) then select their ''nap bet'' for the weekends football fixtures that are listed on Bet365. On the Friday evening the nominated picker from our PUPs rota selects 6 results from the weeks picks. I then place the bet and post the bet and the odds on here by the Saturday lunchtime.

The PUPs rota is made up of the previous seasons PUPs league top 40.

Have we won? : -

So far there have been 26 winning weeks and the World Cup win in which we have won £1324 for the academy. There have been plenty of near misses too and the ''Pink Un Pickers'' have had a lot of fun trying.

Want To Take Part? : -

Just register with the Pink Un Message Board and post your very best selection on the thread. It''s as simple as that.

There it is in a nutshell Eric. It''s not just about raising the money. Over the years friendships have been forged. We also have a few get togethers during the year where those local enough can meet up. But it brings together City fans from all over the world.

There are no real rules apart from the above. PUPs find areas they are comfortable picking from and our league table helps focus. Especially for the more competitive PUPs. We have had weeks when city fans all over the world have been looking up a live score in an obscure country because we needed it for a win. It''s hard to explain why it remains so popular but if you stick around a few weeks I''m sure you''ll get the bug! [:)]

Sounds fiendishly (and somewhat unusually) simple, Nigel . So, just one tip per member per week , then ?  And it has to be a game that Bet 365 have listed ?  ( Though I cannot state this categorically, and someone may be able to prove otherwise,I suspect that their coverage of North Korean Premier League fixtures is , to say the least, limited.)

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]Sounds fiendishly (and somewhat unusually) simple, Nigel . So, just one tip per member per week , then ?  And it has to be a game that Bet 365 have listed ?  ( Though I cannot state this categorically, and someone may be able to prove otherwise,I suspect that their coverage of North Korean Premier League fixtures is , to say the least, limited.)[/quote]Yes one per week and it has to be listed on Bet365. [:)] The game you have opted for is no doubt a great nap, but it is a Friday night game, are we including those this time Eddie? Also, thanks for the selections opportunity, December 3rd should be fine.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]Sounds fiendishly (and somewhat unusually) simple, Nigel . So, just one tip per member per week , then ?  And it has to be a game that Bet 365 have listed ?  ( Though I cannot state this categorically, and someone may be able to prove otherwise,I suspect that their coverage of North Korean Premier League fixtures is , to say the least, limited.)[/quote]
Yes one per week and it has to be listed on Bet365. [:)] The game you have opted for is no doubt a great nap, but it is a Friday night game, are we including those this time Eddie? Also, thanks for the selections opportunity, December 3rd should be fine.
[/quote]

I thought not this time. Qualifiers were worth the effort but there''s just a few friendlies this time? Let''s stick with Sat/Sun/Mon for the final selections.

Sorry Eric I didn''t notice your game was Friday. Not every week is this complicated!!