Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

I''m on MK Dons bus this weekend too please. I really think they''ll be too strong for Nantwich. Nantwich aren''t doing to bad in their league but the Dons will be too strong.

Good luck everyone...

Brentford V Basingstoke

Home win, probably horrific odds but i need to get my win ratio up! i''ve had some shocking results, DAMN U LIVERPOOL!

Being pretty successful with my policy of combining the unoriginal with the bleeding obvious. In this spirit, I''m napping MK Dons at home please

Eddie, Tom is still having trouble posting on this site, so has left the following message on our Facebook page:

Thanks to the person who posted my pick last week. This week ill have Guatemala to beat Grenada. Guatemala have won 4 from 4 in their qualifying group with +10GD. Grenada have won 1, drawn 1 and lost 2 and are a long way adrift. Thanks.

Good luck this week DDD, I''m going to stick with the FA Cup where I expect:

Brentford to beat Basingstoke

Mainly because this Basingstoke side doesn''t have the mighty Ade Akinbiyi, who has been banging them in for my side on FM. Good luck DDD and all you Pups.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Going for a PUPs original...

Bristol Rovers to win.
[/quote]

Pete and The Gas now there''s a blast from the past!

I''ve got to agree with Jed Exodous that a explination of your pic really helps, i''m one of the most guilty for just picking a team and not giving a reason and thats gonna stop, I shall be back later or maybe in the morning with my final 6

|The wine is going down really well so i#ll ponder for a while

When is Trappitoni gonna take notice of Wessi?

It does help.  I''ve no problem with someone just writing a team name, but unless is a well established team, and not a Romanian 2nd division team or the like, then there should be a small bit of justification.  Teams like Real Madrid, dont need an explanation because we know they have the talents of world class players.  However when someone naps a non league side for no reason, unless the picker is gonna go through 30 odd team sheets to see why they look a good bet, its almost a waste of time.  Also we all want to win a bit on our own lines, so its nice to read why Gateshead are a good bet at 8/11.

Good luck guys, lets rinse those bookies...

Cowdenbeath who have had 5 straight home wins to beat Stenhousemuir in Scottish Div 2 who have a recent poor away record.

[quote user="gregt"]I will go for WREXHAM v lincoln home win please
[/quote]

Sorry mate but that is next week!

Oops sorry wrexham v lincoln is next week.I will change it to stirling v ARBROATH away win in scottish div 2. thank you

[quote user="jed exodous"]

It does help.  I''ve no problem with someone just writing a team name, but unless is a well established team, and not a Romanian 2nd division team or the like, then there should be a small bit of justification.  Teams like Real Madrid, dont need an explanation because we know they have the talents of world class players.  However when someone naps a non league side for no reason, unless the picker is gonna go through 30 odd team sheets to see why they look a good bet, its almost a waste of time.  Also we all want to win a bit on our own lines, so its nice to read why Gateshead are a good bet at 8/11.

[/quote]

Point taken about giving a reason why a particular game is napped. However, I''m pretty sure no-one naps a fixture for no reason. The highlighted statement is actually a bit insulting. I went for Gateshead because I feel they will win at Blyth and to me 8/11 aren''t bad odds in this instance. Granted, a mini form guide can be a help, but when I''ve picked in the past, knowing that a PUP has napped a fixture is normally enough for me.

As I said, point taken. Can we get back to the game now please.

[quote user="Hissing Sid"][quote user="jed exodous"]

[/quote]

Point taken about giving a reason why a particular game is napped. However, I''m pretty sure no-one naps a fixture for no reason. The highlighted statement is actually a bit insulting. I went for Gateshead because I feel they will win at Blyth and to me 8/11 aren''t bad odds in this instance. Granted, a mini form guide can be a help, but when I''ve picked in the past, knowing that a PUP has napped a fixture is normally enough for me.

As I said, point taken. Can we get back to the game now please.

[/quote]

Keep it cool boys, we are all on one massive love-in on this thread and we all know how great that feels so just share and enjoy the love in here.[{][:)]

Providing stats and reasons for your nap can be very helpful to the final picker and if you are napping something a bit more obscure then you have obviously done your homework and it would be great if you could share some of that when you post your nap, but if you don''t have time or don''t post the info for whatever reason then that is fine. 

As long as you post your nap and it''s on Bet365 then you''re in and you''re helping the final picker as you may just post something that they have missed.[Y]

I''m going to have to add some of my substantial weight behind MK Dons so its -

MK Dons vs Nantwich - Home win

With MK at home and MK four levels higher than Nantwich it really does look nailed on.  To put it into some perspective (distance between the two sides) MK are 4th in League One and Nantwich are 9th in The Evo-Stick Northern Premier, it is the equivalent to Chelsea (4th in the Prem) at home to Braintree (9th in the Blue Square Premier).

Nutty, all the PUPs are great but I have to say that''s looking like a very strong line up for December!  Here''s hoping we make it not a merry Chrstmas for the bookies.[Y]

Good luck everyone, the very best of luck DDD[:)][Y]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Nutty, all the PUPs are great but I have to say that''s looking like a very strong line up for December!  Here''s hoping we make it not a merry Chrstmas for the bookies.[Y]

Good luck everyone, the very best of luck DDD[:)][Y]

[/quote]

I thought that when I posted. But then I always think that. And October when we had the five first timers I was convinced we would get 2 or 3 wins. And it was only the cruelest luck that stopped us. December is a difficult month. So I rely on PUPs who won''t have a few too many over Christmas. That''s why I have the two teetotallers Tilly and Graham picking over Christmas and New Year [C][Y]

Sometimes PUPs only have time to leave a selection and sometimes they have time to qualify it with stats. But our PUPs league creates our own stats. For instance, and I hope I''m not tempting fate here, Norfolkchance has now selected 7 consecutive away wins. That stat bears far more weight than any match stats could and the stat is only available to us! The only thing we ask is for your very best selection. It''s up to the individual how they choose it and post it.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]So I rely on PUPs who won''t have a few too many over Christmas. That''s why I have the two teetotallers Tilly and Graham picking over Christmas and New Year [C][Y][/quote]I fear I might be getting a reputation [;)]Forgot to say that 31st December is fine with me, I look forward to it.

Morning all and dear god i''m hungover, not really sure why I do it to myself

Right on to the picks, the first also being my nap for the week

MK Dons  v  Nantwich  -  Home win

CSKA Sofia  v  Minyor Pernik  -  Home win

Brentford  v  Basingstoke  -  Home win

Bristol Rovers  v  Corby  -  Home win

Halifax  v  Charlton  -  Away win

Blyth Spartans  v  Gateshead  -  Away win

Its been a great plesure to be in charge for the week and I''m really looking forward to taking some wonga for the bookies, good luck all! i''m now off back to bed to do some further liver recovery

Sorry for being late - no good looking boosters this week so i''m afraid I''m on the Charlton bandwagon! I think they will leave The Shay with a win in the bag.

Halifax v CHARLTON Away win

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

Morning all and dear god i''m hungover, not really sure why I do it to myself

Right on to the picks, the first also being my nap for the week

MK Dons  v  Nantwich  -  Home win

CSKA Sofia  v  Minyor Pernik  -  Home win

Brentford  v  Basingstoke  -  Home win

Bristol Rovers  v  Corby  -  Home win

Halifax  v  Charlton  -  Away win

Blyth Spartans  v  Gateshead  -  Away win

Its been a great plesure to be in charge for the week and I''m really looking forward to taking some wonga for the bookies, good luck all! i''m now off back to bed to do some further liver recovery

[/quote]

Great stuff Devon. I''m glad you are enjoying the week. I hope you enjoy the weekend even more.

Thank you for these, they look a great six to me.

I have placed the bet with Stan James because the potential return of £59.72 was 40p more than Bet365. So we have : -

12.Nov 2011 11:55Cska Sofia v Minyor PernikMatch Betting, Cska Sofia, 1/8Open
12.Nov 2011 11:55Mk Dons v Nantwich TownMatch Betting, Mk Dons, 1/5Open
12.Nov 2011 11:55Bristol Rovers v Corby TownMatch Betting, Bristol Rovers, 4/9Open
12.Nov 2011 11:55Blyth Spartans v GatesheadMatch Betting, Gateshead, 3/4Open
12.Nov 2011 11:55Halifax Town v CharltonMatch Betting, Charlton, 2/5Open
12.Nov 2011 11:55Brentford v BasingstokeMatch Betting, Brentford, 1/4Open
Accumulator £10.00, 1 bets, £10.00 (Pot.Ret. £59.72)

Brentford  get us underway at 1pm followed by CSKA Sofia at 2:30. MK Dons, Bristol Rovers and Gateshead all kick off at 3pm and if we are successful today we can watch Charlton live on ITV tomorrow lunchtime at 12:30 knowing a win for Charlton would be a win for us. All we need now is that little bit of luck to see us through.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

So I rely on PUPs who won''t have a few too many over Christmas. That''s why I have the two teetotallers Tilly and Graham picking over Christmas and New Year [C][Y]

[/quote]

[:|] [B]

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

So I rely on PUPs who won''t have a few too many over Christmas. That''s why I have the two teetotallers Tilly and Graham picking over Christmas and New Year [C][Y]

[/quote]

[:|] [B]

[/quote]

I did consider you and Lapp[^o)]

Briefly[O]

But then I remembered the wheelbarrow[B][B][B][B][B][B][B]

Nope! Teetotal Tilly the much safer option[C]

[;)]

Carlisle are 4 up! Looks like my own pup napping season is still going strong!

Also looks like its up to Carlton tomorrow to bring in the £58 odd!

Could be a brilliant move to go with stan James rather than bet365!!