Sign in to follow this  
Richard Balls

Defending in numbers isn't enough. Read my latest blog...

Agree with what is said there I too think Wes is best behind a front two of a diamond. But looking at your team who are the front two? Morison and pilks? Surely it would be one from Holt , morison and Jackson?

A little strange blog to be honest. A large part of it dedicated to talking about Wes. Rather brief on the ''defending'' part. Your thoughts on the matter can roughly be summarised into ''players needing to mark better''. I actually thought you made some interesting points about Wes and thought it was a decent blog on the whole (nice layout and site) but you really need to either tittle it after it''s content or actually write about what you name it.Personally I really cannot work out our best formation or where Wes should be playing ( I do think he should be playing). 4-2-3-1 looked like the answer to all our prayer until we were undone by (Liverpool) Blackburn and now Aston Villa. Like you I think it is a case of more individual defending that is getting us into trouble rather than the formation or system. Hopefully Lambert will get them sorted for Saturday otherwise we could end up with a 8-7 game on our hands. If we let a couple in we''ll go gun ho to outscore them.