Sign in to follow this  
AJ

So who else supports Wales these days?

Could England make football look any more boring?!

Shout out for Crofts and Morison looking solid today, the later who continues to improve and improve with every game played. Crofts was unlucky with the conceded goal but otherwise looked very good, surely in call for a start against Arsenal?

Maybe England can learn a thing or two from this young Welsh team..

Wales are on a good run, but i''ll always support England.  Good to see the Canary boys doing well, but I always want to see my country do well.  Think we knew Spain would make this a boring game, its not Englands fault...

I''m sick of people like you who claim to have no interest in England and don''t care. At the end of the day they are our national team, there is absolutely NO evidence of them not caring, and they give their all every game like tonight. I know nothing can be taken from this game as it was only a friendly and Spain weren''t at their but but FFS just back your country and don''t take the popular Norfolk bumpkin view of not taking interest of anything that happens outside of Norfolk.

Well said crofts. Typical behavior from norwich fans see nothing passed the outer ringroad of norwich.

[quote user="jed exodous"] Think we knew Spain would make this a boring game, its not Englands fault...[/quote]How the hell did Spain make it a boring game? England played with ten men behind the ball.

[quote user="jed exodous"] Think we knew Spain would make this a boring game, its not Englands fault...[/quote]How the hell did Spain make it a boring game? England played with ten men behind the ball.

If it took Boring football to win the world cup would you all accept it? I would. The coach is there to win. Period. Doesn''t mean pretty doesn''t mean anything. Win baby win.

I have grown to hate the English national team and what it stands for. I have however always supported Germany because it is where I was born and raised until the age of 9.

Yes England sat back, but Spain have played possession football for the last 4 years or so.  We aint gonna set up to be open and attack.  Spain were as poor as i''ve seen them for a long time.  I know it doesn''t mean anything, but i just thought the constant pass and move was boring tonight and looked quite ineffective.  It was only when they went more direct and went 442 that the game got slightly exciting...  Spain must''ve had around 60% possession, and created very little, when a team are that dominant, they should be testing the keeper a lot more .  Villa, apart from the volley at the end, was poor, Silva didn''t create a lot and Fabregas needs to spend less time worrying about his hair and more time sticking it in the net.

Honestly thought Spain were really boring.  I know its a meaningless friendly and they haven''t lost a competitive game since Swiss last year at WC. 

And yes i''d take England winning the world cup by being boring...

Those of you that are having a go at people who don''t support England anymore should just remember that the reason people are fed up is because the FA continually mess up, therefore the mamnager they pick invariably messes up. As for the team, reading about cliques and factions doesn''t help. Antics of some of the star players Ronney/Terry/Cole etc doesn''t help.

In short, people who would normally support England have nothing positive left to latch on to.

Beckham is probably the last English player, possibly Lampard out of the present squad who command any real respect for me.

How long are we supposed to put up with over paid prima donnas whose off field antics are more interesting than the football they play and are supposed to be paid for.

The FA continually pick the wrong type of manager - and their recruiting mechanism is amatuer. The players alot of the time don''t look as if they know each other. It is very hard to support them unstintingly year after year. Then you get he spoilt side of the players showing up every so often.

If Norwich have a bad time, things can be done, pressure from the fans etc has an effect.

With England it is difficult to see a way forward and it could be that indifference could be the thing that changes the FA''s attitude. If people stop going to England matches, then things could change.

I find it difficult to support England - ultimately I will when it comes to tournaments, but interest in Wales at the moment is stronger due to the ncfc connection.

Call me unpatriotic if you like, but the England set up has been so poor for many years, the team work on display so poor for many years that, quite frankly, I find there are better things to do than sit and watch England play or try and play football...................

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I have grown to hate the English national team and what it stands for. I have however always supported Germany because it is where I was born and raised until the age of 9.
[/quote]

What does the English national team stand for in your eyes?

What does the German national team stand for in your eyes?

[quote user="lake district canary"]Those of you that are having a go at people who don''t support England anymore should just remember that the reason people are fed up is because the FA continually mess up, therefore the mamnager they pick invariably messes up. As for the team, reading about cliques and factions doesn''t help. Antics of some of the star players Ronney/Terry/Cole etc doesn''t help. In short, people who would normally support England have nothing positive left to latch on to. Beckham is probably the last English player, possibly Lampard out of the present squad who command any real respect for me. How long are we supposed to put up with over paid prima donnas whose off field antics are more interesting than the football they play and are supposed to be paid for. The FA continually pick the wrong type of manager - and their recruiting mechanism is amatuer. The players alot of the time don''t look as if they know each other. It is very hard to support them unstintingly year after year. Then you get he spoilt side of the players showing up every so often. If Norwich have a bad time, things can be done, pressure from the fans etc has an effect. With England it is difficult to see a way forward and it could be that indifference could be the thing that changes the FA''s attitude. If people stop going to England matches, then things could change. I find it difficult to support England - ultimately I will when it comes to tournaments, but interest in Wales at the moment is stronger due to the ncfc connection. Call me unpatriotic if you like, but the England set up has been so poor for many years, the team work on display so poor for many years that, quite frankly, I find there are better things to do than sit and watch England play or try and play football...................[/quote]

The Welsh set up has also been extremely poor for many years.

I have no emotional attachment to the england team. I was 8 in 1990 and that world cup was incredible, but with the ''91-92 NCFC cup run, the 92-93 and ''93-94 season the euros in 1992 and failed world cup in 1994 meant I had no interest as MY TEAM, had some very exciting years.

The history of my team and the growth of this football club from 1902 is what I care about, not about games with montenegro and over priced footballers. I am a traditionalist when it comes to old time football. I love reading books when footballers had to pick up a summer job because they weren''t paid by the football team.

I like football at grassroots and the only emotional attachment at top level football is with NCFC. I am unpatriotic, don''t mind saying it. I only watch knockout world cup games with mates, for the social aspect and to be able to have some excuse to maybe sneak an extra 30 minutes off at work during lunch breaks etc.

All I care about with international football and the recognition that our players are getting, is that they come back fit. Morison has played a great deal of football on his own upfront and has played exceptionally well, improving greatly the more we see of him.

But my interest and passion within football, other than NCFC is with grassroots (which having been working in the states with US Youth Soccer, not as a coach but as a promoter) is something I am ashamed of in this country and the new training facility is another shambles in the development of the young.

But NCFC means everything, from the stories of players houses near dereham road, to the fire in the city stand, to the greatest cup run our team has ever had and to the story of our ground moves from newmarket road, the nest and CR. This is what brings emotional attachment, it relates to you directly and the area that you live in.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I have grown to hate the English national team and what it stands for. I have however always supported Germany because it is where I was born and raised until the age of 9.[/quote]

Parking in disabled parking bays, apathy, club before nation, no lions no pride, Shrek and Donkey, Crap managers with no national identity to mix our players, cocaine, racism, punching people in night clubs, thuggery, reliance on "icons" big names

Investment in youth, Pride in a nation, Slick attractive football, Proof they can perform without their big names.

[/quote]

Also you look at ethnicity and imigration, how many "minority" footballers do we have ? Germany have players, no Stars, hailing from Turkey and Poland, two of thier biggest immigration "problems"

What do we have ??Our fecking captain accused of racism towards his CB partner''s brother !!! disgusting.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I have grown to hate the English national team and what it stands for. I have however always supported Germany because it is where I was born and raised until the age of 9.
[/quote]

Parking in disabled parking bays, apathy, club before nation, no lions no pride, Shrek and Donkey, Crap managers with no national identity to mix our players, cocaine, racism, punching people in night clubs, thuggery, reliance on "icons" big names

Investment in youth, Pride in a nation, Slick attractive football, Proof they can perform without their big names.

[/quote]

Also you look at ethnicity and imigration, how many "minority" footballers do we have ? Germany have players, no Stars, hailing from Turkey and Poland, two of thier biggest immigration "problems"

What do we have ??
Our fecking captain accused of racism towards his CB partner''s brother !!! disgusting.

[/quote]

Hey, Mr Angry.............. 

You forgot to mention the brouhaha after the last World Cup about the pervasive homosexual influence within the German camp. After all, homosexuals are a prominent minority.

England squad versus Spain yesterday : Hart, Glen Johnson, Lescott, Jagielka, Cole, Walcott (Downing 46), Jones (Rodwell 56), Parker (Walker 85), Milner (Adam Johnson 76), Lampard (Barry 56), Bent (Welbeck 63). Subs Not Used: Carson, Baines, Cahill, Terry, Zamora, Sturridge, Stockdale.

11 of the 24 are of Caribbean, African or Polish descent.

Why don''t you stop posting your pernicious rubbish?

OTBC

It''s gotten ridiculous that a player can represent a nation on the strength that his Great,Great,Great Grandfathers ex-wifes sisters'' half cousins'' brother once lived there.

[quote user="AJ Wizard"]Could England make football look any more boring?!

Shout out for Crofts and Morison looking solid today, the later who continues to improve and improve with every game played. Crofts was unlucky with the conceded goal but otherwise looked very good, surely in call for a start against Arsenal?

Maybe England can learn a thing or two from this young Welsh team..[/quote]Let Wales play against Spain and see how they''d approach it... 10 behind the ball, I suspect.There''s also a difference between supporting your country (fair enough), not supporting your country (fair enough), and not supporting your country but supporting another country to make some kind of ill thought out point (stupid).

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]We are all free to have our opinions and just because I dont like the Taffies I am wrong and post rubbish ?

[/quote]

No. You ''don''t like the Welsh'' and you write & promote rubbish.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]We are all free to have our opinions and just because I dont like the Taffies I am wrong and post rubbish ?[/quote]

No. You ''don''t like the Welsh'' and you write & promote rubbish.

OTBC

[/quote]BBB people like you make me roll up and laugh.Your so pationate about something yet you totally miss the point. Your the kind of person that will walk past a bum on the street as to not lower yourself but then give £100 to charity to help the homeless.You zealously believe your right, yet can not stand it when someone has an opinion that remotely conflicts with your own.In your own way ( and you cant even see it ) your more prejudice than I could ever be !

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]We are all free to have our opinions and just because I dont like the Taffies I am wrong and post rubbish ?[/quote]

Would that be every single Taffie in the whole world that you dislike?

Couldn''t care less about International football, the fact we have no chance of winning anything is neither here nor there. OTBC, that''s what it''s about for me.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What do we have ??
Our fecking captain accused of racism towards his CB partner''s brother !!! disgusting.

[/quote]

I''m not surprised in the slightest by what you have posted.  Not that I agree with it mind you..........

If you are English, surely supporting the England team isn''t something you have to choose to do? I can''t see why anyone would want someone else''s country to beat their own. If we are talking about local attachment, England is local to those of us who describe themselves as English ..... isn''t it?

Issues about disliking current players and managers are irrelevant. We will still have an England team long after Terry and his ilk are sitting in bath chairs sipping cocoa.

[quote user="Canarino"]If you are English, surely supporting the England team isn''t something you have to choose to do? I can''t see why anyone would want someone else''s country to beat their own. If we are talking about local attachment, England is local to those of us who describe themselves as English ..... isn''t it?

Issues about disliking current players and managers are irrelevant. We will still have an England team long after Terry and his ilk are sitting in bath chairs sipping cocoa.[/quote][Y]

Yes, hogesar, but if the institution that is representing your country is so rotten that it does no credit to it, why should anyone support it?

The interest in Wales for me is just that, interest. I want them to do well if they have Morison and Crofts in the team. If they were not in the team I wouldn''t care less.

The institution that is the England football set up - FA, manager, players - has been so inept for so long that it makes supporting them difficult.

If England would have a fresh start, get rid of the old players and get a young team in and stick with them, get a young English manager in and give him a five or six year brief to build something, it might get my interest back.

The Germans seem to be able to build afresh as do other countries - we seem to struggle along with the same kind of problems year after year . You can''t blame people if they become disillusioned.