Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Crystal Palace chasing Martin

According to the mirron, Palace are after Chris Martin on loan. I think this would be fantastic, he seems to be bottem of the pecking order out of our strikers, and i can understand why. i dont believe his future will be with NCFC if we stay in the prem, we have to accept that he just isn''t good enough to get into the team i expect Lambert to add to Jan.it could perhaps be a  little risky, with Vaughan out, another striker injury could leave us thin upfront, espicially if it''s Morrison, as i don''t think Holt is a lone striker.What do others think, shift him out on loan, so he could prove he''s worth a shot in the prem, or perhaps just to increase his selling value come the summer.Am i right in thinking Palace wouldn''t be able to sign him till Jan anyway?http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Norwich-City-striker-Chris-Martin-a-target-for-Crystal-Palace-in-loan-deal-article830060.html

We should loan him out in the same way Wolves loaned out Vokes to us last season, with a recall clause in that benefits them. Then at least he can come back to us if we do get a crisis.

[quote user="HoltsRightFoot"]Good move for all parties. Personally, I feel if this goes ahead then we should be looking into bringing another striker.[/quote]

I wouldn''t mind getting Vokes back on a perminent deal

For me Martin has had more than one chance to prove himself with us. On field not quite good enough off field very questionable character.

Am I the only one who really thinks that Martins time with us should be up and maybe best for all parties to sell him on?

We would get a bit of money for this Jordan Rohdes move! Not sure is Rohdes is any better in reality but time will tell.

="norfolkchance1"]We should loan him out in the same way Wolves loaned out Vokes to us last season, with a recall clause in that benefits them. Then at least he can come back to us if we do get a crisis.

I agree!

Whilst I don''t rate Chris Martin whatsoever in the Premiership we have to be careful in case we get an injury crisis and if we don''t stay up this season he''d be more useful as a squad player in the Championship than what he is currently!

Though I suspect hes already used up all his chances with Lambert?

In that case I''d be up for selling him in January as long as heis replaced by a better player, a certain J Rhodes who S*um fans are still angry about?!

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="HoltsRightFoot"]Good move for all parties. Personally, I feel if this goes ahead then we should be looking into bringing another striker.[/quote]

I wouldn''t mind getting Vokes back on a perminent deal

[/quote]

When he came here I thought he was an alright player when he came, scored a goal in his 4 appearences here last season.

I agree with Rhodes if I am going to be honest I feel like Chris Martin and Jordan Rhodes are quite similar players.

Billy Sharp or Nicky Maynard for me tbh :)

Let''s just get this troublesome young man off the wages bill, in any way shape or form.

I was prepared to give him a shot at the Premiership, seeing him as an enigmatic player who might just have shone. Not to be, however.

Then some demons returned. Lambert has enough on his plate and doesn''t need the bother he gets from this nearly man.

He had the World (of football) at his feet, both literally and metaphorically when he first put the first team shirt on. That, however, was some time ago now.

What went wrong? 

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Let''s just get this troublesome young man off the wages bill, in any way shape or form.

I was prepared to give him a shot at the Premiership, seeing him as an enigmatic player who might just have shone. Not to be, however.

Then some demons returned. Lambert has enough on his plate and doesn''t need the bother he gets from this nearly man.

He had the World (of football) at his feet, both literally and metaphorically when he first put the first team shirt on. That, however, was some time ago now.

What went wrong? 

[/quote]

What exactly has he done wrong off the pitch this season ?

I thought that he had been involved in some fracas or other in some local night spot in recent months. Something about getting wrong with other players too.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

He doesn''t seem to be in Lambert''s good books anymore.

Again, somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Could be good for all parties as long as we have a recall clause.  With Martin gone and Vaughan out injured that would only leave us with Morison, Holt, Jackson and Wilbraham (dont really think he''s good enough at this level no disrepect) unless of course Lambert has already lined up a replacement!

I still think he can do a job in midfield if Wes is injured. I hope that Lambert does include a recall clause, unless of course he has an adequate replacement lined up. 

Me too.  I''ve always felt he has a lot of potential and might be good enough for the Prem, but it has been so long since he has played regularly that when he was in the team at the start of the season he looked well off the pace.

A loan would give him a chance to get going again.  Meantime it isn''t long until the January window and really it would be a surprise if Lambert isn''t thinking about who might come in up front.

Unless I''m mistaken it''s been almost a year since Chris scored a league goal (Derby away, last December) and I don''t think he''s scored in any of the cup games since either.

You could say that a striker/forward who has gone a year without a goal could do with a change.

Think a loan is ideal.

Holt, Morison and S. Jackson will then be our only three strike options, alongside wilbraham. So it is a bit of a gamble, but I think the right gamble. EB, Hoolahan can play behind the lone striker.

In the summer if we stay up in the premiership then I would think he would no longer be needed, I like him and the impact he had when he arrived on the scene was amazing. But another player who, if we stay up, will be a victim of our success.

Apparently a loan deal with Palace has just gone through.

Term: Until the end of January.

Hopefully, season-long or signing , if they like him.

Interesting tweet from Pete saying Martin rejected to be part of Morison transfer. Wonder if that would''ve been permanent or loan?

Either way shows Lambert has looked to get him out of the squad.

Downloads"]

Not good enough, been saying it for a while now.

Rather play one up front than have to put Martin on the bench.

Anyone whos been watching Norwich games regularly over the last few years who knows their football would say exactly that!

It now appears Lambert was trying to get shot of him in the summer as part of the Morison deal which says a lot. The loan move to Palace is a good move for everyone. If he does well Palace will pay a reasonable fee for him. If he doesn''t impress then Martin will know himself that he''ll have to go back to League 1 to kickstart his career!