Sign in to follow this  
MAJESTIC

jordan rhodes for 3m

[quote user="paul moy"]... so buying a prolific League one scorer in the hope that he is prolific in the Prem......... not bad if we can get him cheap with add-ons for achievement but awful if his fee is inflated at a reported 5m.  In the Prem he needs control and pace and I''m not sure he has that based on the Hudds forum, but really I hope Lambert is sure if he is going to stump up this kind of money.[/quote]

Well if you want a proven prem striker think £10m+ plus the wage level to go with that and the destabilising effect on the other players of someone earning way above what the others are earning.

I think £3m (including the add ons) for Rhodes is a risk worth taking.

Here''s some data:

Born 5/2/90 --> 22 in Feb 2012

6'' 1" tall

League form:

2011 - 12 Huddersfield 10+3 11 goals

2010 - 11 Huddersfield 28+11 16 goals

2009 - 10 Huddersfield 45+2 19 goals

2008 -09 On loan -Rochdale 5 2 goals

On loan - Brentford 14 7 goals

Jordan rhodes could be the answer.

But how many players have had the impact, that many of you, think he could have

Ashton and Jonathan Stead are the two that had an impact to influence a change in clubs fortunes as a starting striker.

For me it is the spine of the team. It is the usual way to build a team. Lambert has pieces of that and has built an ethos that must not be rocked.

I certainly wish JV well in his recovery and certainly look forward to his return, but I do feel that as posters have said lets not put all our eggs in one basket. If that basket is going to be over-inflated.

Centre half and central midfielder are areas that I think we can look at, we need to consoldate winning positions. Get clean sheets are key, yes I want us to score more goals. But you cannot have everything and certainly I feel the other two positions are more important this season.

In the summer we could look for a striker at a value closer to what some of you are suggesting.

[quote user="smooth"]Jordan rhodes could be the answer.

But how many players have had the impact, that many of you, think he could have

Ashton and Jonathan Stead are the two that had an impact to influence a change in clubs fortunes as a starting striker.

For me it is the spine of the team. It is the usual way to build a team. Lambert has pieces of that and has built an ethos that must not be rocked.

I certainly wish JV well in his recovery and certainly look forward to his return, but I do feel that as posters have said lets not put all our eggs in one basket. If that basket is going to be over-inflated.

Centre half and central midfielder are areas that I think we can look at, we need to consoldate winning positions. Get clean sheets are key, yes I want us to score more goals. But you cannot have everything and certainly I feel the other two positions are more important this season.

In the summer we could look for a striker at a value closer to what some of you are suggesting.[/quote]

I think we need at least one centre back in January as well as Rhodes.

Dont forget it has already been hinted at that we could be signing, one, two or three players. So it seems that its not Rhodes and nothing else and I suspect that we have the funds to sign three players at reasonable prices. Its just a case that Lambert is telling the "market" that he is not going to pay stupid prices.

I have thought this move very likely although i think we will need to go a lot higher than £3m my guess would be £5m with add ons etc etc. Pilks has shown what can be done and they must be talking to each other

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]I have thought this move very likely although i think we will need to go a lot higher than £3m my guess would be £5m with add ons etc etc. Pilks has shown what can be done and they must be talking to each other[/quote]

We could have Billy Sharp for £3,25m, he has a release clause in his contract which will be triggered for that amount.

Chris Martin ripped up League One but was he worth £3m at the time? No! Would we have sold him for less than £3m at the side? I don''t think so! Rhodes is a key component to the Huddersfield side and in a window where all prices are inflated, who are they going to find of the same quality for £3m if they sold Rhodes on for that amount? In the long run, with Rhodes banging them in, promotion will be worth a lot more to them than the £3m.

Would rather sign a central defender for 3 million or whatever it is, but if Vaughan is out for the season then I feel we do need another forward and Rhodes would be my first choice. Much rather have him over Sharp. Oh and being an ex binners would just make it even better for me if we did sign him. That would really piss tfe scummers of if he was firring in the goals to keep us in the Prem while they struggled in the league below with the gambling addict Chopra and the past it overweight Scotland. Lol

Reports are that Rhodes is being targetted by Newcastle and Celtic for £2million; source BBC site.

Lambert would have surely asked Pilkington''s opinion on him whether he was of major interest or not.

[quote user="NWC"]Reports are that Rhodes is being targetted by Newcastle and Celtic for £2million; source BBC site.[/quote]

Can''t see him going to Celtic, Even though he''s scottish, Celtic are the same level as Huddelfield, lets face it they struggle for paying guests at all the clubs in csotland and Lg1 is not much better, Newcastle are the ones we could lose out to but not for the £2mil figure   

Tangible

might I suggest you ''cut and paste'' when quoting as the current way of doing things just appears as an illegible mess - amd may mean that others don''t read your highly worth missives

For the first season in a while, there are no real standout strikers in the league below. I think Lambo would be better off sticking with what we''ve got or trying to bring in someone young and hungry from a bigger club or abroad.

All we need as a big striker who can hold it up, has genuine pace and can finish the few chances we create. How hard can that be? [:$]

I''d prefer us to use £3M and go for Marvin Sordell.

Hes been playing as a lone striker for England U21''s and reall impressed me. Strong quick and an eye for goal.

[quote user="Larry David"]

For the first season in a while, there are no real standout strikers in the league below. I think Lambo would be better off sticking with what we''ve got or trying to bring in someone young and hungry from a bigger club or abroad.

All we need as a big striker who can hold it up, has genuine pace and can finish the few chances we create. How hard can that be? [:$]

[/quote]

And he''s playing (although probably not trying too hard) against England tonight. All we have to do is show a little bit of ambition and match or improve on the annual 9m euros he gets from AC Milan. But I''m afraid it will just be little Norwich all over again...[;)]

I thought the general consensus was that we needed a fast, nippy little player. If so come January these players may be good to look at.

Ante Vukusic, Daniel Larsson, and Spas Delev.

Also Luuk de Jong from FC Twente would be amazing. However, Newcastle look to be in for him at £10 mil so no chance :/

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]I thought the general consensus was that we needed a fast, nippy little player. If so come January these players may be good to look at. Ante Vukusic, Daniel Larsson, and Spas Delev. Also Luuk de Jong from FC Twente would be amazing. However, Newcastle look to be in for him at £10 mil so no chance :/[/quote]

Think you''ve been playing a bit too much footy manager lad [:$]

I don''t own it, so that would be impossible. Merely I take an interest in football outside these shores, and as posters such as yourself posed the idea of players from abroad I thought I would offer a couple of names. Clearly not worth the bother when you get smart arse replies. :)

If we really want to bring in a striker who is going to improve the team we are simply going to have to spend a lot of money.