Sign in to follow this  
MAJESTIC

jordan rhodes for 3m

http://www.footballfriendsonline.com/blogs/2011/11/9/martinez-needs-some-luck-so-leave-rhodes-alone-canaries.html?

according to this, didn''t realize he was still only 21, would be a great signing

interesting! Id certainly welcome that move, especailly as it would upset the scum to see someone they let go in the top flight and helping keep city up... cant help but feel that this would make the Huddersfield fans hate us though as we take their new star player after Pilks!

Huddersfiled Town, feeder club to Norwich City!

Could this be the Ashton signing to reinforce our stay in the top flight?

I still think we need a 3 million plus centre half aswell.

Well if we play 451 as a lot of people assume we will be I can''t see him starting a game for us so would be a waste. But in a 442 yes would be a great signing . But as has already been said we need a quality premier league central defender that is going to tighten us up at the back.

I''ve been saying for months we should go for this guy, he has the potential to be a VERY good player, with the right coaching etc, please be true!

I would love this. Hes exactly the right type of player, who under Lambert im sure would turn into a Premier League striker. I personally think he is a more natural goalscorer than the other ex scum striker Wickam at Sunderland.

Hes big and strong at 6 foot 1 so could handle himself as a lone striker, providing more competition for Morison, but is quick and a finisher at the same time, meaning we could allow Jackson out on loan (or sell him if the price is right). Would also get Wilbraham out the door if this happened. For me it would be as good as the Ashton transfer and i believe Rhodes and Morison as a front pair would score goals.

Also the added bonus that Pilkington and Rhodes know each other inside out and already have that attacking fluency in their games from last season etc. Cant think of many other strikers in the champ or league 1 id rather have. Itd also could major meltdown on TWTD which is always amusing.

Whilst I think he''d be a great signing I must admit I''m a little uncomfortable that this would mean us making a rather large donation to Ipswich town as they no doubt have a hefty sell on clause.

[quote user="bjg123"]Whilst I think he''d be a great signing I must admit I''m a little uncomfortable that this would mean us making a rather large donation to Ipswich town as they no doubt have a hefty sell on clause.[/quote]It''d be hilarious if they didn''t.

I had a look on the Ipswich board not too long back and it turns out that they didnt get the best of deals on him with regards to sell on, if anything at all. Seems to be a very touchy subject all in all with many not having wanted to sell him and others wanting them to buy him back.

At the end of the day im more worried about improving our team as much as possible, if that meant giving the scum 3mil directly for a player i wouldnt care, its all about Norwich! OTBC

[quote user="bloomers"]Oh jordan rhodes,youll always be scum[/quote]

That''s taking rivalry too far. Parochialism gone mad. If you were actually being serious.

I don''t care the slightest bit about his origins and neither do most on here it seems.

What about Alan Lee, he did his best to keep us in the Championship under Gunn, and was one of our hardest triers.

There have been many more in the past.

Neither am I concerned that we will donate money to Ips---. Somebody will eventually. It really rubs in the fact that they (the notorious Roy Keane) let him go far too prematurely and far too cheaply. I''m sure that their fans would be more put out than us should it happen. I''ll settle for that.

One for the future, who will need easing in. Excellent acquisition, if it comes off. 

[quote user="bloomers"]Oh jordan rhodes,youll always be scum[/quote]you will of course sit on your hands or abuse him mercilessly when he signs for us and scores the goals that beat arsenal.

For me, the satisfaction that I would get from him being a massive success here, after the Binners didn''t spot his potential, would far outweigh the fact that he once pulled a blue shirt on, after all we all make mistakes!

Lambert said some may go "once others have come in" -makes me think if a centre back and another striker are on their way (and would love to get Rhodes) then maybe the likes of Wilbraham, Jackson and, possibly, Chris Martin might be departures, likewise, if ''x'', the quality and experienced centre back arrives here as well, then Ward and even Whitbread might get a bit twitchy....

If we stay up quite a few more might be on theit way as well, but, whilst its fun to speculate-as have done so here-Lambert rarely does the predictable thing. Its going to be an interesting January, lets hope we get there in the top 10-12 rather than the bottom 3 as that will make all the difference in how potential signings see us.

I''m not sure that this guy is the answer as he appears to me to be very similar to Morison, Holt and Wilbraham, but is also unproven above League 1 and even many Huddersfield supporters do not appear to rate him as their best player on their forum.  Three million could be spent better IMO on a pacey forward rather than what appears to be yet another target-man.  

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=62202

[quote user="paul moy"]

I''m not sure that this guy is the answer as he appears to me to be very similar to Morison, Holt and Wilbraham, but is also unproven above League 1 and even many Huddersfield supporters do not appear to rate him as their best player on their forum.  Three million could be spent better IMO on a pacey forward rather than what appears to be yet another target-man.  

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=62202

[/quote]He''s nothing like these players, he''s not a target man or a big player at all!  He''s more like your love interest Cody Mac!

[quote user="HoltsRightFoot"]I would personally like to see either Rhodes or Maynard here, I believe Maynards contract runs out at the end of the year. So could possibly get him cheap(ish)?[/quote]

Given the choice I''d much prefer Maynard.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

He''s nothing like these players, he''s not a target man or a big player at all!  He''s more like your love interest Cody Mac!
[/quote]

Then to sign a similar unproven player to Cody for 3m having already rejecting one seems pretty silly. [:D]

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]I''d like to see us use the £3m+ to resign buck-toothed, back-flipping marvel and proven Premiership goal machine Ernie Earnshaw.
Mungo
[/quote]

That was a few years ago Mungo and he''s been in and out of various Championship sides ever since then. He does move around a lot and seems to have various clauses in his contracts to allow this. Perhaps he and his agent have worked out that signing on fees can a be profitable way of enhancing the coffers. I believe that this was the case with us. Loyalty ain''t Ernie''s middle name.

There is also the Q mark against his effectiveness in the Premiership, re: WBA.

He never does a bad job anywhere, but as I say, is frequently out of the first team line-up of even  Championship sides. He''s often used as a super sub, very super.

Once, I did want him back here, loved the little ET, and certainly moreso than some of the dross we signed or borrowed from the time of Grant onwards (Evas excepted.)

Too late now. 

[quote user="Prem1"]Rhodes has not always been a starter in the Huddersfield side , would much rather have the Binners January target Billy Sharp or Nicky Maynard .
[/quote]

Billy Sharp''s goalscoring record for the past two seasons is a phenomenal 1 in  every 2 games, compared to Maynard''s 1 in every 3. He could be worth a punt ahead of Maynard.  

I think a petition should be started on the Ten Downing Street website to get Earnie Earnshaw back to Norwich. If enough people sign it, the club have to sign him. It''s the law! FACT!!Mungo

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Prem1"]Rhodes has not always been a starter in the Huddersfield side , would much rather have the Binners January target Billy Sharp or Nicky Maynard .
[/quote]

Billy Sharp''s goalscoring record for the past two seasons is a phenomenal 1 in  every 2 games, compared to Maynard''s 1 in every 3. He could be worth a punt ahead of Maynard.  

[/quote]

14 goals in 13 games for Rhodes this year so far isn''t to be sniffed at

[/quote]

I think Rhodes would do a job for us and have something to prove but I''d rather have Billy Sharp too.