Sign in to follow this  
Tore Raaen

Norwich-Arsenal ref Phil Dowd

How do we see this?

Hopeless refereeing last time out vs West Brom when he somehow awarded West Brom a pen after a push in the box, and then in injury time not awarding City a pen when Vaughan gets an elbow smashed in his face..

Can we get an easy pen on Saturday to level things up or is this going to continue(!?)

[quote user="Tore Raaen"]How do we see this? Hopeless refereeing last time out vs West Brom when he somehow awarded West Brom a pen after a push in the box, and then in injury time not awarding City a pen when Vaughan gets an elbow smashed in his face.. Can we get an easy pen on Saturday to level things up or is this going to continue(!?)[/quote]

Mark Halsey was the ref for our game with West Brom.

You may be confusing it with the recent Villa/West Brom game. I think it was Dowd for that game who made a couple of awful decisions.

Oh dear, he comes across as the most arrogant ref going. Look at his body language when he has given a (serious) decision or booked someone. It is awful. God help us if he is on one of those days, because ''little Norwich should be grateful to be on the same pitch as him and the Arse, and don''t forget it is live on the box:{

Sorry for the mix-up guys.Can''t believe I got that one wrong.They kinda look like each other.

So to correct my mistake, I''ve got nothing against Phil Dowd tbh.....But his penalty decision in the Villa game was horrible..Let''s all prey it doesn''t happen saturday, at least not Arsenals way.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Oh dear, he comes across as the most arrogant ref going. Look at his body language when he has given a (serious) decision or booked someone. It is awful. God help us if he is on one of those days, because ''little Norwich should be grateful to be on the same pitch as him and the Arse, and don''t forget it is live on the box:{[/quote]

That is exactly how I would have described him.

Here are some stats on Phil Dows''s refereed games:

http://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=239&season_id=140

They are from last seeason, but you can check them for this season also.

He has not refereed an Arsenal game at all this season but when he did last season the results are 4 Draws and 1 loss for Arsenal.

Anyone else thinking that we could potentially pick up a cheeky point :D?

OTBC!

[quote user="Lambert is god"]

Ingen problem, Tore, låt oss håpe vi vinne! På den ball, City, ...

[/quote]

Agrreed.

I don''t think its the ref we need to worry about this weekend.

Its the lack of our footballing God Chris Martin, how we could let him out on loan to such a rubbish club, when clearly he should be leading out front line, scoring left right and centre. (better point out that this statement was written with a certain amount of sarcasm before anyone actually thinks i''m being serious)

But yeah, Ref shouldn''t be important and the fact that we need a thread about out upcoming ref nearly every game shows how much we are worrying about them being poor. Now while we''ve had some terrible decisions potentially losing us points this season, I think we just need to ignore the refs for a while, I really don''t think there is a conspiracy against ''little Norwich''.

Although the stat on Phil Dowd''s last 5 Arsenal games is interesting, lets hope that continues.

He''s a ref who has got on my nerves in the past as he has a tendancy to laugh and grin in the aftermath of making controversial decisions. clearly enjoys the highlight and likes to have a bit of a laugh with the players (who more often than not do not share the joke).

This may be a trick of my mind but i think it may have been pompey away last time we were in the prem when he really wound me up. Apologies to Phil Dowd if i''ve got the wrong man but to this day i still don''t understand what that penalty given against us (and taken 3 or 4 times in the end) was for.

For those mentioning the horrendous penalty given to WBA at Villa Park a few weeks ago; in fairness to Dowd he was only acting on the advice of Norfolk''s own Darren Cann, who was running the line.I could be wrong, but I think the last time Dowd did a Norwich game was at Deepdale, when he went off injured!

Yep, he gave a very dodgy penalty against us at Pompey last time we were in the Prem. He even made the Yak take it 3 times as I think he knew he had got it wrong but still managed to score.

He also managed to send off Edworthy for a professional foul in the centre circle after around 10mins.

Considering, that was a good point that day!

[quote user="flecky76"]Yep, he gave a very dodgy penalty against us at Pompey last time we were in the Prem. He even made the Yak take it 3 times as I think he knew he had got it wrong but still managed to score.

He also managed to send off Edworthy for a professional foul in the centre circle after around 10mins.

Considering, that was a good point that day![/quote]

Last time he reffed at Carrow Road we beat QPR 1-0