Sign in to follow this  
treacletown07

Wolves Applications

With this being a bit of a grudge match, how many are applying for tickets ?

It is a long journey on a Tuesday night just before Christmas so cannot see many making the trip.

Hopefully we will take a good number and get some Christmas cheer with an away win which we are more than capable of doing.

[quote user="treacletown07"]

With this being a bit of a grudge match, how many are applying for tickets ?

It is a long journey on a Tuesday night just before Christmas so cannot see many making the trip.

Hopefully we will take a good number and get some Christmas cheer with an away win which we are more than capable of doing.

[/quote]

Whilst agreeing with  your last sentence Mr. Treacle, I can''t recall why this should be a "grudge" match and neither do I particularly like the term.

I suppose that the educationall sub-normal amongst both sets of fans will see something to fight about, but then they always do.

With regards to Wolves. I quite like thick Mick Mick (especially after he f----- off the Keane animal a few years back,) and surely Wolves have sold and lent us a few decents over recent years.

You are right too about the trek. It is cross-country, without much motorway so would be hell on a snowy December day/night. 

Broadstairs - I hate Wolves.

It was playing for Wolves Muscat snapped Bellamy''s leg and any hope we had of going up that year, and didn''t even get a free kick given against him for it.

I got coined at Wolves when I was about 7 too.

Fans are a bunch of thick no-marks who like nothing better than a fight.

I truly hate them.

Hating Wolves was a bit like hating Leeds. In both cases they were direct rivals for a couple of seasons and with them being ''big clubs'' there was a decent atmosphere at games between the two clubs. We really should have got over it by know though and I would imagine that any chants of ''We only hate Wolves and Ipswich'' will be met by bemusement from the Wolves fans who have probably long forgotten our ''rivalry''.

The Muscat tackle on Bellamy was terrible but to hate a whole club for the actions of one thug seems a little extreme to me.

Some of the ruffians supporting the Old Gold were jolly unpleasant on hte night of the playoff semi-final at Molineau. Also remember the coach getting bricked when we beat them with an Andy Johnson goal an dSteve Bull got sent off.Mungo