Sign in to follow this  
unique

First three names on the team sheet.......

11 games into the season and for me, the first three names on the team sheet would be Tierney, Johnson and Pilkington, with Morison running them close.

I''m not surprised by Tierney. I am surprised how well Pilkington has recovered from injury. Johnson has surpassed all expectation, and some.

Love their attitudes. Lambert''s squad is incapable of putting on a Craven Cottage no-show.......

for me the first three are Hoolahan, Pilkington & Morison.

Build the team around them

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Pilkington, Holt, Tierney.

[/quote]

Oh! Changed my mind;

Morison, Hoolahan, Ruddy,

What a choice we have nowadays and how quickly have we assembled such a solid squad. All praise to Lambert.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Pilkington, Holt, Tierney.

[/quote]

Oh! Changed my mind;

Morison, Hoolahan, Ruddy,

What a choice we have nowadays and how quickly have we assembled such a solid squad. All praise to Lambert.

Ruddy, Tierney and Pilkington. Purely because Ruddy and Tierney can''t be replaced as Rudd is too young/inexperienced and Drury is probably too old now, and Ruddy and tierney have been immense so far. pilkington though, is slowly turning into my fave NCFC player. Johnson, Bennett, Wes, Holt and Morisson are very close aswell. All the others i havent mentioned have also impressed, but i cant be bothered to list all of them! What a great time to be a Norwich city fan!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Good thread.

For me first name in the 18 is Holt. But first 3 in the 11 is Tierney, Hoolahan and Morison.

[/quote]

Nicley thought out and I agree. I would prefer him to start with Holt and rest Bennett. Pilkington,Tierney and Naughton*** can provide the two up from with enough high bells into the centre and add Bennett to that and we are in danger of becoming over-dependent upon this tactic. Both Blackburn and Villa''s defences adapted well to this constant bombardment, despite good crosses being put in. (adapted well except for Morison''s last goal following spledid  work by Holt.) Some variation usuing on-ground through balls from mid-fielders for feeding Holt'' tacital nous with his same lean back involded, to provide Pilkington with fre-kicks.

I believe that this is called using the corridor more.

A bit more holding onto the ball to allow for constructive  mid-field play, as we did at the start of the campaign and a bit lesss over-reliance on  the mid-field putting their passes to the ever avaiable widemen who then put in a cross. These Prem. defenders  are usually better in the air than on the ground, although they are more than usueful at both. 

Maybe  this is tinkering too much, but we did not rely on an over-bombardment of high balls into the centre, from wide and deep, at first and should not now, even with Holt and Morison up front, both of those have skills a few in the area other than jumping for a cross.

I put *** besides Naughton''s as I believe he should be rested as his defensive play is not fully developed. Clearly destined to be a great player in the attacking full-back role, his tackling is often weakish and mis-timed. He gets the runaround too easily, albeit from top players.

Russell Martin would add more experience, would tighten the defence, would tackle better and is not afraid to come forward, with more imaginative use of the ball as and end product.

Like Bennett, Naughton should be used as a supersub and add Jacko to that equation and we would suddenly would have a super-fast input of substutes who would give tiring defences a lot of new things to worry about.

Barnett and Delaet in the middle works well thus far.

I think this question shows just how far we have come in such a short time.It''s really tough for me ,

Fox -we always seem to have more balance with him in

Pilkington : Been superb since his arrival,goal scoring threat as well.

Johnson : A real workhorse ,but can pick out a nice pass as well.

Tierney - outstanding for us, will play at a higher level.

Ruddy - been very good so far, Rudd still needs a bit more development (maybe loan) before he can really challenge.

Morison - if it wasn''t for Holt, everyone would have his name up here. Very good and improving.

Reall tough but I would agree with teh Ruddy, Pilks and Tierney scenario!

Ruddy on the whole has been solid as a rock this season as has Tierney and Pilks is developing into one of our most influential players.

Ruddy, Fox, and Pilkington for me.

Ruddy for obvious reasons.

Fox because I really think our midfield struggles without him. 80% of our attacks start with him and when he''s not in the team we''re nowhere near as fluid attacking wise.

Pilkington has been an absolute revelation. I honestly never expected him to have this kind of an impact on the team. He''s just pipped Hoolahan because while Hoolahan is an unbelievable talent, I firmly believe that Pilks can fit into any formation we play and still have a massive impact. Hoolahan has shown that we have to base our play around him which is why Pilks gets the nod for me.

ususally when you write a team sheet its the goalkeeper and 2 defenders you put on first.... unless you start from the bottom in which case its the subs

Got to be Morison, Pilkington and Tierny for me. All three have been class acts, especially when you consider their 3rd tier backgrounds!

I''ll go for Pilkington, Hoolahan and Barnett.

I don''t think Barnett has got the credit he deserves for his performances this season and so far this thread has basically proven that to me.

[quote user="GJP"]

I''ll go for Pilkington, Hoolahan and Barnett.

I don''t think Barnett has got the credit he deserves for his performances this season and so far this thread has basically proven that to me.

[/quote]

I agree he has played well, but I''m not surprised many have left him out considering our last game against Villa and his back pass still fresh on everyone''s minds.