Sign in to follow this  
Lurd

I see the forum's angel Cody McDonald is doing well

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Martin I''m afraid falls into the same category as Macdonald - not good enough for where we are now!

And I think Macdonald could of scored 20+ goals for us if he''d of had a similar run to what Martin had in our 2009/10 League 1 Championship season and probably would of scored goals for us last season.

Whats Macdonald got for Coventry so far - 1 goal I believe!

Martin will find Palace a different propersition to playing for us in that they probably aren''t as good as we were in that League last season so he won''t get as many chances. And what were Martins stats for us last season 30 games, 4 goals!

[/quote]

Why does everybody keep repeating the same thing over and over again?

Some people rate Martin, some people (apparently with vastly more footballing knowledge than the rest of us) don''t, but we can all agree he needs a loan period to get some football under his belt. I think most people agree he has the talent to make it in the Championship, so if Lambert decides he won''t cut it in the Prem, and wants rid in January then that''s fine by me and is going to be best for all parties.

A few people seem to think Cody McDonald would be a great striker based on one good season in League two, but Lambert was never interested in playing him, even at League one level. This should be compounded by the fact Lambert has taken many players from lower leagues and brought them into the Premiership - so if he did not think McDonald was capable of even playing at League One level then there is probably a very good reason for this.

One thing you can say about Martin is that he was superb in League one (and below), and played well in the Championship but didn''t get the goals. People who base their arguments purely on stats seemingly miss the fact that he made thirty or so appearances in a team that came straight up a league and finished second - cleary he contributed something to this, and to argue that because he didn''t have good goal-scoring stats he was a worthless player makes me wonder if these so-called people who claim to know their football really do.

It''s quite likely Lambert believes Martin found his level in the Championship and needs to go back there to progress, so if this is the case then good luck to Chris and I hope he can surprise a few people playing at Palace and engineer a decent move for himself. One thing is for certain, he has certainly done more to help get this club out of a rut than Cody did, so I know who I will be rooting for.
[/quote]

[img]https://convore2.s3.amazonaws.com/inline-images/88c233b3/72281c03/936da7bf/e54fc304.gif[/img]

[/quote]

Seconded [Y] Great post.

(Quality vid as well)

Give the guy a chance, he''s barely just signed for Coventry, before that he''s had no competitive football since end of last season.

That''s not an excuse it''s fact - Personally i would love to be proved wrong and that he is not up to it, otherwise i would be gutted to watch him scoring week in week out for another team.

However, i know he''s a quality finisher and the other parts of his game will come with game time - He will learn, there is no other option for him.

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]Give the guy a chance, he''s barely just signed for Coventry, before that he''s had no competitive football since end of last season.

That''s not an excuse it''s fact - Personally i would love to be proved wrong and that he is not up to it, otherwise i would be gutted to watch him scoring week in week out for another team.

However, i know he''s a quality finisher and the other parts of his game will come with game time - He will learn, there is no other option for him.[/quote]

Quality finisher... Would you say he''s better than Martin in that dept? (For Arguments Sake)

I have several friends from the Coventry area who support the Sky Blues, I texted one in particular when Cody signed for them stating that he is a good finisher, to which my mate replied ''makes no difference, we don''t create chances''.

Says it all really. They are at their lowest ebb for many years. I hope both they and Cody can turn things round.