Sign in to follow this  
Lurd

I see the forum's angel Cody McDonald is doing well

1 goal since August [:O]

Imagine all those goals he could not have scored for us [:(]

No you''ve got it wrong, its still his pre-season time.

Its not like he''s a professional footballer who didn''t have an injury all summer so should have been keeping fit or anything....

Hes gone now and although I saw potential its probable he''d of struggled where we now!

Worringly hes one more goal than Chris "hes good and still got a future with us" Martin!

Martin will be heading the same way soon I think!

[quote user="Larry David"]

1 goal since August [:O]

Imagine all those goals he could not have scored for us [:(]

[/quote]

Why do we have to kick decent people when things aren''t going to well for them ?

It''s nothing personal, I just thought the hyperbole over his sale was a little bit unnecessary.

I’m sure he’ll sleep soundly at night knowing he’s earning over a hundred grand a year [:|].

People still want CM to be given a chance as a striker after nearly seven years of pretty much unfulfilled promise and only four goals last season in the Champs, so at least allow Cody a chance after not even six full games with no pre-season... in total his game time amounts to about four games. At least he has scored this season unlike others I could mention, and if you saw the Ipswich away game he had a great header headed off the line and another bouncing off the ground and just over the bar. My money''s on him scoring in the Coventry v Ipswich game !!  

paul moy, firstly get your facts right.. seven years? this is his 6th season, and the first he only started in second half, and second season only played very few games due to Roeder not liking him. He then had two great seasons, followed by a half decent one but not many goals (still playing well) and two good performances out of three so far this season.

Cody MacDonald played barley any games for Norwich, was not wanted and is now playing for a team likely to get relegated in the Championship. WHY do you feel the need to defend him yet belittle one of our current players. You quite clearly don''t know what your talking about, you seem to think Cody is wonderful? He''s had one good season in League Two, which earned him a chance at a Championship club, doesn''t mean he''s going to take it. Yet Chris Martin, just because he didn''t score loads last season but still played well enough to stay at the club, is rubbish?

And this ''no pre-season'' excuse is a load of rubbish. He is a professional footballer, he wasn''t injured all he missed out on was a few friendlies, which are just as much about the manager seeing his players and tactics as they are about match fitness. He''s going to lack a slight edge, but its not really an excuse.

Mungo has just been accused of not being a Norwich fan, well your no better than him to be honest.

Lake District1) I am a Naaaridgggge fan of many, many years standing. Proudly walking to home games from my abode inside the Ring Road2) I am a season ticket holder, also for many, many years3) I am a shareholder looking forwards to next week''s AGM4) I was at Portman Road for the 5-1 victory, perhasp the "Greatest Game" (almost nest to Jake Humphrey, out of interest)5) I have seen many, many City players over my many, many years of support and know a waste of space when I see one re: Surman6) Have you ever considered supporting your local team? Carlisle?Mungo

See, you don''t even know how to have a discussion.

You make the same points (misguided/incorrect in many cases) over and over again. Then just do stupid similes or LOL its quite pathetic really, I hope your an 11 year old and not an adult....

If anyone dares writes off your precious Cody (who i''m sure I don''t have to remind you I defended on a number of occasions as well) you jump with your ''no pre-season, plays for a rubbish team, only played 6 games'' comments. At Cody''s current rate he''s only going to score one more than Martin... That if he makes it to that number of games, Coventry seem to do better when he''s not on the pitch.

Saying Chris Martin has had seven years, is just wrong, and then you follow it up by a completely inaccurate judgement. You bring up him only scoring 4 goals, while MacDonald himself only managed 4 goals in 25 Norwich league appearances. And there are various reasons why Chris Martin didn''t score many last season.

Not sure why i''m bothering with this to be honest, not going to get a proper reply from you am I?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]paul moy, firstly get your facts right.. seven years? this is his 6th season, and the first he only started in second half, and second season only played very few games due to Roeder not liking him. He then had two great seasons, followed by a half decent one but not many goals (still playing well) and two good performances out of three so far this season. Cody MacDonald played barley any games for Norwich, was not wanted and is now playing for a team likely to get relegated in the Championship. WHY do you feel the need to defend him yet belittle one of our current players. You quite clearly don''t know what your talking about, you seem to think Cody is wonderful? He''s had one good season in League Two, which earned him a chance at a Championship club, doesn''t mean he''s going to take it. Yet Chris Martin, just because he didn''t score loads last season but still played well enough to stay at the club, is rubbish? And this ''no pre-season'' excuse is a load of rubbish. He is a professional footballer, he wasn''t injured all he missed out on was a few friendlies, which are just as much about the manager seeing his players and tactics as they are about match fitness. He''s going to lack a slight edge, but its not really an excuse. Mungo has just been accused of not being a Norwich fan, well your no better than him to be honest.[/quote]

Huzzah! [Y]

Anyone that thinks that Chris Martin performances for us this season were good are living in cloud cuckoo land!

Passing the ball backwards and sidewards miles from the oppositions penalty box  in completely non threatening areas isn''t good for a guy playing centreforward!

I''m sure this was what Lambert was probably thinking as well which is the reason he hasn''t featured since, although I can''t understand how Martin got ahead of of the much more threatening Jackson in the pecking order considering how Jackson finished last season?

Good luck to Chris Martin at Crystal Palace and where ever he may end up but I think its almost ceratin his time with Norwich is almost up! 

Imagine Cody in the EPL with his devestating pace and strength, not to mention his intelligent off the ball runs [:O]

Martin I''m afraid falls into the same category as Macdonald - not good enough for where we are now!

And I think Macdonald could of scored 20+ goals for us if he''d of had a similar run to what Martin had in our 2009/10 League 1 Championship season and probably would of scored goals for us last season.

Whats Macdonald got for Coventry so far - 1 goal I believe!

Martin will find Palace a different propersition to playing for us in that they probably aren''t as good as we were in that League last season so he won''t get as many chances. And what were Martins stats for us last season 30 games, 4 goals!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Martin I''m afraid falls into the same category as Macdonald - not good enough for where we are now!

And I think Macdonald could of scored 20+ goals for us if he''d of had a similar run to what Martin had in our 2009/10 League 1 Championship season and probably would of scored goals for us last season.

Martin will find Palace a different propersition to playing for us in that they probably aren''t as good as we were in that League last season so he won''t get as many chances. And what were Martins stats for us last season 30 games, 4 goals!

[/quote]Why does everybody keep repeating the same thing over and over again?Some people rate Martin, some people (apparently with vastly more footballing knowledge than the rest of us) don''t, but we can all agree he needs a loan period to get some football under his belt. I think most people agree he has the talent to make it in the Championship, so if Lambert decides he won''t cut it in the Prem, and wants rid in January then that''s fine by me and is going to be best for all parties.A few people seem to think Cody McDonald would be a great striker based on one good season in League two, but Lambert was never interested in playing him, even at League one level. This should be compounded by the fact Lambert has taken many players from lower leagues and brought them into the Premiership - so if he did not think McDonald was capable of even playing at League One level then there is probably a very good reason for this.One thing you can say about Martin is that he was superb in League one (and below), and played well in the Championship but didn''t get the

goals. People who base their arguments purely on stats seemingly miss the fact that he made thirty or so appearances in a team that came straight up a league and finished second - cleary he contributed something to this, and to argue that because he didn''t have good goal-scoring stats he was a worthless player makes me wonder if these so-called people who claim to know their football really do.It''s quite likely Lambert believes Martin found his level in the Championship and needs to go back there to progress, so if this is the case then good luck to Chris and I hope he can surprise a few people playing at Palace and engineer a decent move for himself. One thing is for certain, he has certainly done more to help get this club out of a rut than Cody did, so I know who I will be rooting for.

you never saw Jamie cureton and Cody Mac in the same room together.....probably because they were off somewhere fetching all the balls they had shanked...

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

Why does everybody keep repeating the same thing over and over again?

Some people rate Martin, some people (apparently with vastly more footballing knowledge than the rest of us) don''t, but we can all agree he needs a loan period to get some football under his belt. I think most people agree he has the talent to make it in the Championship, so if Lambert decides he won''t cut it in the Prem, and wants rid in January then that''s fine by me and is going to be best for all parties.

A few people seem to think Cody McDonald would be a great striker based on one good season in League two, but Lambert was never interested in playing him, even at League one level. This should be compounded by the fact Lambert has taken many players from lower leagues and brought them into the Premiership - so if he did not think McDonald was capable of even playing at League One level then there is probably a very good reason for this.

One thing you can say about Martin is that he was superb in League one (and below), and played well in the Championship but didn''t get the goals. People who base their arguments purely on stats seemingly miss the fact that he made thirty or so appearances in a team that came straight up a league and finished second - cleary he contributed something to this, and to argue that because he didn''t have good goal-scoring stats he was a worthless player makes me wonder if these so-called people who claim to know their football really do.

It''s quite likely Lambert believes Martin found his level in the Championship and needs to go back there to progress, so if this is the case then good luck to Chris and I hope he can surprise a few people playing at Palace and engineer a decent move for himself. One thing is for certain, he has certainly done more to help get this club out of a rut than Cody did, so I know who I will be rooting for.
[/quote]

[img]https://convore2.s3.amazonaws.com/inline-images/88c233b3/72281c03/936da7bf/e54fc304.gif[/img]

Yeah fair enough I have gone on and on about Chris Martin but this is only cause some on here still go on about him as if hes our big white hope for the future which he isn''t and its aparent that his future will lie elsewhere! 

no grantroederdisaster no one is going on about him like that. Please find 3 examples of people saying anything like that. I certainly haven''t, and since 90% of your arguments about him have been with me....

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Anyone that thinks that Chris Martin performances for us this season were good are living in cloud cuckoo land!

Passing the ball backwards and sidewards miles from the oppositions penalty box  in completely non threatening areas isn''t good for a guy playing centreforward!

I''m sure this was what Lambert was probably thinking as well which is the reason he hasn''t featured since, although I can''t understand how Martin got ahead of of the much more threatening Jackson in the pecking order considering how Jackson finished last season?

Good luck to Chris Martin at Crystal Palace and where ever he may end up but I think its almost ceratin his time with Norwich is almost up! 

[/quote]

What a humdinger this post is!![:^)]. In his inimitable way PL is moving yet another of our Div 1 Champs to the exit door but to say that Jackson stands any chance of avoiding following the same route beggars belief. In a team where Grant Holt struggles for his place poor Simo stanfds no chance.

We have a good squad of players. All of which contributed well, some very well to the promotion from the championship.

And we have some that have been brought in this season to boost us in the prem.

People who keep making sweeping statements about any particular player is patently over the top - they are all good players.

Such disparaging comments from the likes of mungo and others about any of our players is quite frankly ridiculous. It shows no respect for what the team have achieved over the last two years. It shows that some people have suddenly got delusions of granduer now that we are in the top flight.

Jackso, Martin, Surman or whoever is in the squad could have an important role to play, this season. If Martin does well at Palace he may come back to play a part.

Sure we want the team to improve and get new players in to help, but this constant slagging off of players already here is nonsense.

Some of the players who are cast doubt upon haven''t even had a proper chance yet.

Oh - and Cody is a natural goalscorer. Should do well anywhere given a chance. Did not fit in to PL''s plans but will be interesting to follow his career like it is other ex-norwich players.

What a humdinger this post is!![:^)]. In his inimitable way PL is moving yet another of our Div 1 Champs to the exit door but to say that Jackson stands any chance of avoiding following the same route beggars belief. In a team where Grant Holt struggles for his place poor Simo stanfds no chance.

I''ve never ever said that Jackson is a dead cert to cut it with in the Premiership, just that hes got more to offer than Chris Martin, thank you very much!