Sign in to follow this  
BW

Blatter ideology

Just a point i thought of about blatters theory that whatever is said on the pitch can be resolved with a handshake. Does that mean if someone in the stands shouts something racist at a play ''heat of the moment'' (as blatter would say) does that mean if he apologises to the player after the game he will not be banned from football? Surely everyone now who has been banned from various clubs can appeal their bans in court due to what the top man of football has said?

or if he calls the referee a ****

I can just hear the commentary now

".. and the referee has called him over and is reaching .... his hand out and giving him a second handshake "

Maybe that City ''fan'' who posted racist stuff on twitter/facebook etc should have been invited down to Carrow Road and given a jolly good handshaking instead of his ban.

Blatter is a ''long past it buffoon'' who epitomises much that is wrong with footballs governing powers.

I seem to remember luke posting on here after his ban. If your out there what''s your view on this? be good to hear it from the perspective of a racist while everyone else get''s their say.

Out of touch springs to mind. Very childish mistake to make as racism cannot just be resolved with a handshake. When he realised what he had said, his follow up statement did make me laugh. More the fact that he posted a picture of himself with an apparent ''friend''. Who was coincidentally black.

Fifa needs some fresh ideas.

However the commentary post a couple of posts up did make me laugh a little

"And the referee approaches the snakepit holding out his hand, we could be here some time!"

.. and now Gus Poyet defends Suarez on Talksport by saying that what goes on on the pitch stays on the pitch and that calling people names does not make someone a racist. He also said that we are arrogant in expecting other countries to behave as we do to eachother as name calling goes on in other countries and is accepted. 

Personally, I think that this shows that the rest of the world has a lot to learn. We still have to set the example IMO regardless of what the rest of the world think of us. Perhaps racist abuse should be a separate offence in football that warrants a particular ban such as 5 matches just to show the world that we will not accept it at all.  

Is he just a dumb, stupid old man, or is there something more dangerous in his make-up? I think I would go for the former. Having said that, you would expect the president of FIFA to give major issues a great deal more thought before opening his trap.

[quote user="Adam_2011"]Out of touch springs to mind. Very childish mistake to make as racism cannot just be resolved with a handshake. When he realised what he had said, his follow up statement did make me laugh. More the fact that he posted a picture of himself with an apparent ''friend''. Who was coincidentally black. Fifa needs some fresh ideas. However the commentary post a couple of posts up did make me laugh a little "And the referee approaches the snakepit holding out his hand, we could be here some time!"[/quote]

Now for what its worth, the only way we are going to get rid of Blatter is for all european countries to pull out of FIFA, But we know Russia would never do that but the world cup would be in jepody. and then that would force FIFA''S hand, Racism has to be stamped out, I have my own opinions on the subject and believe we can and should stamp it out,  

We will never get rid of Blatter if people such as Gus Poyet believe he is right. It appears that we are regarded out of touch by much of the rest of the world with our attitude to racism. It just shows what a great society we actually have IMO where we try to treat everybody as equal and help those that struggle through no fault of their own.

[quote user="paul moy"]We will never get rid of Blatter if people such as Gus Poyet believe he is right. It appears that we are regarded out of touch by much of the rest of the world with our attitude to racism. It just shows what a great society we actually have IMO where we try to treat everybody as equal and help those that struggle through no fault of their own.[/quote]

I know it would be very hard too,to expect Russia and Germany to back any plan to get rid of  Racism, I have first hand experiance with these sort of people, I travell to Kenya alot and meet up with them in and around Mombasa, they look at the Kenyan like they look at the stuff on your shoes, I have no time for those who think they are better than the next man what ever thier colour  

[quote user="paul moy"]

.. and now Gus Poyet defends Suarez on Talksport by saying that what goes on on the pitch stays on the pitch and that calling people names does not make someone a racist. He also said that we are arrogant in expecting other countries to behave as we do to eachother as name calling goes on in other countries and is accepted. 

Personally, I think that this shows that the rest of the world has a lot to learn. We still have to set the example IMO regardless of what the rest of the world think of us. Perhaps racist abuse should be a separate offence in football that warrants a particular ban such as 5 matches just to show the world that we will not accept it at all.  

[/quote]Gus Poyet is an idiot! plain and simple if he thinks that...If he feels "Name calling" is acceptable, perhaps he should have a chat with Luis figo.. Pigs heads thrown on the pitch at him for one thing....

It does seem to be silly season with comments made by Manager''s recently. I was listening to the radio last night and I''m sure I heard Roberto Martinez defend his player for spitting at the Wolves guy saying it was a culural difference and he wasn''t aware that wasn''t the done thing in Britain...

[quote user="yellow blood"]It does seem to be silly season with comments made by Manager''s recently. I was listening to the radio last night and I''m sure I heard Roberto Martinez defend his player for spitting at the Wolves guy saying it was a culural difference and he wasn''t aware that wasn''t the done thing in Britain...[/quote]Was watching Sky Sports news and saw a similar interview, my tea was on the floor I was laughing so hard.I would actually lay £50 down and say that I could walk down any street in any country, spit on a random stranger and get a slap in response. What Martinez has been smoking is beyond me !! Some managers will say / do anything to defend their players but this is rediculous !

This might sound slightly wrong, but i understand what Blatter means to a point.When your on a football pitch you do all sorts of things to wind the opposition up, we have seen it on  numberous occasions working to great affect - Ronaldo with Rooney, Zidane with the headbutt Now the things which were said or done to annoy these guys were not racist, but i am sure the comments were just as out of order. However i don''t think you can differentiate between them and racist comments to such a huge extent. It seems wrong to say the comments about zidane''s mother and sister, which i don''t think led the other play to receive a suspension, are not as bad as someone making comments about another players skin tone.Now i defiently do not condone racism in any walks of life, and i don''t condone it on a football pitch, but for me it seems wrong to be holding the so called ''racist'' players culprable for comments which were probably not made out of a truly racist remark but rather to wind the opposition up, but not holding the other players culprable for other comments which can be perceived as just as bad.My point is, i can understand the difficulty there is in what Blatter was talking about, i hope his meant to say something more along the lines of what i have said, however from past expereinces with this fool, it does seem likely he is just an out of touch old racist man

The trouble with Blatter and a very large chunk of Europe and much of the rest of the world.  They''re a good few years behind Britain and the rest with what is acceptable these days.  People like Blatter still believe that calling somebody a Sambo or a Darkie or whatever is like calling somebody bald or spotty.  They just don''t get it.

@City1stThis fan is no less of a fan than you. I have watched all home games this season AND been to 2 away games. Why does that make me any less of a fan than you just because we have different views?@BWWell firstly, I am not a racist. A racist is somebody that discriminates against people, treating them differently because of their religion, skin colour or nationality. I do not do that.Secondly, I think that its a good idea. In the pub I drink in, there is people from all walks of life. There is banter amongst everybody and yet when we leave we shake everybodies hands once we leave. There is/should be* no difference with me calling somebody a scottish <insert insult> or a black <insert insult> Both are deemed to be racist, but how many people would blink twice at the first one? Very little.You know what I found after the incident? That nobody cared. The only people that caused a scene about it was fellow Norwich fans being keyboard warriors. All of which were white Norwich fans. Not had one black person try and confront me. The majority of people are too politically correct, to me and to many people I know its stating the obvious. If somebody called you a white <insert insult> would you be bothered? I would just laugh. Just because its a white man saying it to a black man thats wrong? What about when all a black man says it to a white man? Thats right, nobody cares. What about when a black man says to another black man the word which some moron on here described as the ''N'' bomb, is that not racist then?Ask yourself, all ''racism'' should be treated the same, but is it? You know what the answer is.I dont dislike anybody, I just say it how it is.

These calls for him to go are unfortuately going to come to nothing. He has the support of large chunks of the world and any rival that tends to step in his path within FIFA just gets quashed. Eg. Mohammed Bin Hamman who was set to challenge blatter for the presidency this year and Jack Warner who holds many votes at the election was planning to vote for Bin Hamman both got banned for life from fifa two days before the election being found guilty of corruption, while Blatter was found innocent coincidence? I dont think so! Im ranting a bit here I know but been looking at fifa for a uni project this year and honestly it is hard to believe what a rotten lot they, and really they are run like the mafia. Every election Blatter has won has pretty much been rigged, christ knows how much has been handed out in bribes to people high up in fifa under Blatters watch.

[quote user="bob_bilde at hotmail.com"]You know what I found after the incident? That nobody cared. The only

people that caused a scene about it was fellow Norwich fans being

keyboard warriors. All of which were white Norwich fans. Not had one

black person try and confront me

I have watched all home games this season AND been to 2 away games. Why does that make me any less of a fan than you just because we have different views?[/quote]That''s interesting Luke, did you watch the games on TV or was your life ban lifted?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1393068/Football-fan-Luke-ODonoughoes-racist-Twitter-rant-leads-UK-match-ban.html

Prob not him tbh he was using a different account last time he posted on here.