Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

[quote user="Bore Bore Bor"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Mister Chops has already (in like the first hour) chosen the game I had picked out earlier today, but i''m going to stick with my choice because if I don''t then i''ll probably pick a loser. Bangor City vs Camarthen- HOME WIN (I didn''t actually know Bangor was a city?) Good luck :)[/quote]

I took my girlfriend to north Wales once.

Bangor?

No, she had a headache.

Oh how we laughed.

STOKE to beat QPR please. 

Someone was asking for these selections to be justified, so I''d like you all to know that I''ve recently read all the Harry Potter novels and that Briatore fellow reminds me of Lord Voldemort, so this is clearly an omen that the Potteries will triumph over Lord Voldemort''s side.

[/quote]

I''ve just got back from a long weekend in Poole...

In Dorset?

I cant recommend it highly enough

Anyway, my pick for this weekend is Barcelona to beat Real Zaragoza...  Barca scored 28 at home and conceded 0, won 5/6, Zaragoza drawn 2 and lost 3 on the road.  Slightly suspicious pick as half the Barca team have been on international duty in Costa Rica, so had a long couple of flights, but i''m sure they will come through. 

My own bets this week are likely to include Shrewsbury away at Northampton, Man U away at Swansea and I''m afraid I cant see anything than an Arsenal win tomorrow and 4/6 is not a bad price if you take your green and yellow specs off.

Good luck everyone...

[quote user="jed exodous"][quote user="Bore Bore Bor"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Mister Chops has already (in like the first hour) chosen the game I had picked out earlier today, but i''m going to stick with my choice because if I don''t then i''ll probably pick a loser. Bangor City vs Camarthen- HOME WIN (I didn''t actually know Bangor was a city?) Good luck :)[/quote]

I took my girlfriend to north Wales once.

Bangor?

No, she had a headache.

Oh how we laughed.

STOKE to beat QPR please. 

Someone was asking for these selections to be justified, so I''d like you all to know that I''ve recently read all the Harry Potter novels and that Briatore fellow reminds me of Lord Voldemort, so this is clearly an omen that the Potteries will triumph over Lord Voldemort''s side.

[/quote]

I''ve just got back from a long weekend in Poole...

In Dorset?

I cant recommend it highly enough

Anyway, my pick for this weekend is Barcelona to beat Real Zaragoza...  Barca scored 28 at home and conceded 0, won 5/6, Zaragoza drawn 2 and lost 3 on the road.  Slightly suspicious pick as half the Barca team have been on international duty in Costa Rica, so had a long couple of flights, but i''m sure they will come through. 

My own bets this week are likely to include Shrewsbury away at Northampton, Man U away at Swansea and I''m afraid I cant see anything than an Arsenal win tomorrow and 4/6 is not a bad price if you take your green and yellow specs off.

Good luck everyone...

[/quote]

Green & yellow specks is it? We''ll see.My accumulator is as follows:City to beat Arsenal at 9/2York to beat Barrow away at 6/5Valencia v Real Madrid - draw - 10/3Aberdeen v Motherwell - draw - 12/5

I knew someone would say something.  I think 4/6 is pretty good for an Arsenal win against us.  No question they will score at least 1 goal against us, but are we good enough to score 2 against them?  I think not.  Should be a good game though...

Good luck fella, looks a little optomistic in my eyes but stranger things have happened.  I may have to have a quid on it now though, as I know how pee''d off i''d be if you won and I hadn''t [:D]

[quote user="jed exodous"]

I knew someone would say something.  I think 4/6 is pretty good for an Arsenal win against us.  No question they will score at least 1 goal against us, but are we good enough to score 2 against them?  I think not.  Should be a good game though...

Good luck fella, looks a little optomistic in my eyes but stranger things have happened.  I may have to have a quid on it now though, as I know how pee''d off i''d be if you won and I hadn''t [:D]

[/quote]

[:D][img]http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]

Late again so a massive sorry. My life should be back in some sort of order by the end of this month hopefully.

Anyway this week I''ll go with a.....

Ajax home win please.

Good luck to one and all, let''s hope some of DDD''s luck has rubbed of on the rest of us.

Oh! Good luck Mick by the way, we are in safe hands.

Sorry it''s late, I''m going to go for -

AFC Wimbledon vs SWINDON - Away Win - 11/10

Swindon are flying up the table, are unbeaten in 9, haven''t conceded a league goal in 5 games, and stuffed the leaders of the league above them, Huddersfield 4-1 in the FA Cup last week.

WOW! So many good selections, so much thought gone into them, so difficult to chose.....but here goes.....Bangor City v Camarthen - home win Ludogorets v. Kaliakra - home winIrvine Meadow v

Livingston - away winWrexham v Lincoln - home winBarcelona v Zaragoza - home winSouthport v Bath City - home winI changed my mind so many times that I had to rely on the trusty old pin in the end (actually, it was a rusty old pin) so here''s hoping. Sorry to everyone who''s selection wasn''t included but you can only pick six. [:''(]Good luck everybody.

Sorry I''m late again, been busy (blah blah) but good luck Mick and all the PUP''s.My nap is PSG to beat Nancy.

[quote user="lappinitup"]WOW! So many good selections, so much thought gone into them, so difficult to chose.....but here goes.....

Bangor City v Camarthen - home win

Ludogorets v. Kaliakra - home win

Irvine Meadow v Livingston - away win

Wrexham v Lincoln - home win

Barcelona v Zaragoza - home win

Southport v Bath City - home win

I changed my mind so many times that I had to rely on the trusty old pin in the end (actually, it was a rusty old pin) so here''s hoping.

Sorry to everyone who''s selection wasn''t included but you can only pick six. [:''(]

Good luck everybody.
[/quote]

Thank you for these Lapp. They are a very impressive and solid final six. Surely only the cruellest misfortune can prevent us recording back to back wins and getting your name on Ray’s sig where it belongs.

I have placed the bet with Bet 365 where the potential winnings are £49.71 : -

Bet DetailsDate/TimeStakeReturn
Bangor City @ 1/6
FK Ludogorest 1947 Razgrad @ 1/20
Livingston @ 1/4
Wrexham @ 4/6
Barcelona @ 1/16
Southport @ 5/6
Six-Folds, 1 bet * £10.00
19/11/2011 01:18:2210.00

Ludogorest get us underway at 12:30 then Livingstone start at 2pm. Bangor kick off at 2:30 followed by Wrexham and Southport at 3pm. All things being well we will all become Barca fans at 7pm on Saturday evening. I think £49.71 is a decent return for these and I think your strategy is superb. I know all the PUPs are willing these in for you. I know I am. Best of luck Mick my friend.

[quote user="Twitchy"]Can''t believe I''m doing this but Arsenal to beat Norwich please, best of luck to all and now it''s off to confession for me then.
[/quote]

[:@]Disgrace!  There''s surely enough bankers around this weekend for you not to have to nap a team to beat Norwich[:^)]

[quote user="Trent Canary"]No idea, every time I click post it refreshes the page. Once in a while it lets me post, but not very often (It took me almost 15 attempts to post this!)[/quote]

I''m not sure whether this is the problem (and I don''t want to insult your intelligence), but are you using the ''post button'' at the top of the text box or the one at the bottom of the text box?

If you are using the post button at the top of the text box, try just using the one at the bottom of it - the post button at the top doesn''t seem to work.

REALLY Late! Congratulatiions to DDD for last week. [:)]

I''m going for a home win for FC Groningen v. VVV Venlo.

Good Luck, Lappinitup!

Not my selection, but in terms of "odds boosters" I do think Blackburn look a good bet at 2/1 to win at Wigan.  Virtually a home game and they play reasonably good football.  I''ll be back at 5pm to wipe the egg off my face.

Sorry to risk degrading this thread but in honour of Shyster my personal accumulator is.

Cheltenham v Port Vale - Home

Macclesfield v Accrington Stanley - Home

Hereford v Burton Albion - Away

Tranmere v Sheff Wed - Away

Scunthorpe v Hartlepool - Home

£4 for £305 back if hell freezes over and I get some luck for a change!

[quote user="lappinitup"]WOW! So many good selections, so much thought gone into them, so difficult to chose.....but here goes.....Bangor City v Camarthen - home win Ludogorets v. Kaliakra - home winIrvine Meadow v

Livingston - away winWrexham v Lincoln - home winBarcelona v Zaragoza - home winSouthport v Bath City - home winI changed my mind so many times that I had to rely on the trusty old pin in the end (actually, it was a rusty old pin) so here''s hoping. Sorry to everyone who''s selection wasn''t included but you can only pick six. [:''(]Good luck everybody. [/quote]

A severe chest infection has confined me to following fixtures and results via the ''net today, so best of luck with your chosen 6, Mick [img]http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Not my selection, but in terms of "odds boosters" I do think Blackburn look a good bet at 2/1 to win at Wigan.  Virtually a home game and they play reasonably good football.  I''ll be back at 5pm to wipe the egg off my face.

[/quote]Let''s get this out of the way as they''re 2-1 down and down to 10 men.[img]http://blog.rufus.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/egg-on-face1.jpg[/img]Hope the remaining picks come in [Y]

Bath have taken the lead against Southport with nine minutes remaining [:(] To be fair that did look like the dodgiest nap.

[quote user="Shyster"]Bath have taken the lead against Southport with nine minutes remaining [:(] To be fair that did look like the dodgiest nap.[/quote]

Southport have scored two in injury time [:D][:D][:D]

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Shyster"]Bath have taken the lead against Southport with nine minutes remaining [:(] To be fair that did look like the dodgiest nap.
[/quote]

Southport have scored two in injury time [:D][:D][:D]
[/quote]

Get in there...

So we''re just waiting on Barca then???

You absolute beauty, Lappin. Another great win, I knew we were getting close a couple of weeks ago. All paying off now. Well done PUPS.