Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week eleven of the Rays Funds for FONCY season. How do we follow last week’s great win? Well I’ll tell you! Circumstances dictated that I had to find a replacement for this weeks planned picker so I turned to one of my best and most reliable friends to take over. So this week we have a real treat with Lappinitup in charge and making the final selections. Now Lapp has been with us since the start and has made fantastic contributions to the spirit of the Rays Funds threads. He’s always around to lend his support and to help me organise the social side of this group. Mick is one of the most popular posters on this message board where his sense of humour often cheers us all up on drab days.

Nothing would please me more than to add Lapp’s name to Ray’s signature this weekend. It should be there and the only way we can get it there is to give him as many good selections as we can. Don’t forget we are asking for your very best “nap” selection. The result that you think is most likely this weekend. We want to give Lapp the very best chance of getting his name on that sig and raising more funds for FONCY. Don’t worry if someone else has already napped your selection because a weight of numbers can be a great help. Remember we can only consider matches that are listed by Bet365 for the final selections. This is imperative because I will be placing the bets there online. Bet365 website is here but you can just as easily check by using our old favourite odds checker.com. If you’re unsure ask on the thread and I’m sure one of us can help you.

December‘s rota is now confirmed and will be: -

December 3rd - Mr. Bump

December 11th - Inch High

December 18th - Davo

December 26th - Til1010

December 31st - Graham Humphrey

And while we are thinking about December we are having a Canary Christmas get together at the usual place on Friday 9th December. Some of our wonderful away fans from Club Canary will be there and I thought we could combine it with our PUPs Christmas get together to make it a really enjoyable evening. There will be music, a small buffet and I believe my good friend Martin has a little quiz sorted. If any of you need more details just get in touch with me or this week’s star picker Lapp.

I’m sure many of you have seen that our friends INCSC are holding “An Evening With Craig Fleming” this Friday 7:30pm at the Lansdowne Hotel Thorpe Road Norwich. Admission is free. I believe there are a limited amount of places left so to reserve yours email  INCSCevents@gmail.com.

Ill hand the thread over to Lapp now. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Mick ... the free bet is yours.......[:)]..

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,2, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, yes Norfolkchance1 £1383 for the Academy,so far.

There''s a few top vs bottom around Europe this week so I though I would try find one that offers a little bit more.

So Parma vs Udinese AWAY WIN

Udinese are currently joint top of Serie A winning 4 in last 6, drawing and losing once. Whilst Parma sit 15th in the table have 3 and losing 3 of their last six, and only team in the league to not have drawn a single match so far (touch wood). With odds of 11/8 decent return for what should be a Udinese win.

Good luck Lapp and all the other Pups.

Good luck Lappin and PUPS.

I''ll go for Man City to beat Newcastle.

Off to France for a Sunday game for me this week:

PSG (6-0-1  13-5) -v- Nancy (0-1-5  3-10)  HOME WIN

Good Luck Lapps and all you Lovely PUPs[:)]

Off the beaten track, I fancy BANGOR CITY to beat Carmarthen in the Welsh league please.BANGOR CITY are 6-1-1 at home.  Carmarthen are 0-0-8 away from home.

Taking a punt in France this week...

Paris St Germain vs Nancy - Home Win

PSG are top of the league (W6 D0 L1 F13 A5 at home), Nancy are 3rd bottom (W0 D1 L5 F3 A10 away)

Best of luck Lapp, and all PUPs

Mister Chops has already (in like the first hour) chosen the game I had picked out earlier today, but i''m going to stick with my choice because if I don''t then i''ll probably pick a loser.

Bangor City vs Camarthen- HOME WIN

(I didn''t actually know Bangor was a city?)

Good luck :)

Bit of a disaster personally last weekend so i will try the Serbian League,

PARTIZAN BEOGRAD          V                FK Borac              HOME WIN

10-0-1   +19                                             1-4-6     -8

Not on 365 yet,and if it isn''t by friday i will find another.

Good luck Lapps and all PUPS[Y]

A nap for Lapp? [:D]For those that haven''t had the pleasure, Lapp is a top top man and its no wonder Nutty regards him as one of his best buddies.One of the friendliest, down to earth, humourous guys I have ever met - and its always a highlight of my trips to Norwich to share a pint with him.[B]GLENTORAN v Glenavon - HOME WIN in the Irish Premiership (if its listed)Very best of luck Mick, I really want to see your name on Rays signature!Leedscanary

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Mister Chops has already (in like the first hour) chosen the game I had picked out earlier today, but i''m going to stick with my choice because if I don''t then i''ll probably pick a loser. Bangor City vs Camarthen- HOME WIN (I didn''t actually know Bangor was a city?) Good luck :)[/quote]

I took my girlfriend to north Wales once.

Bangor?

No, she had a headache.

Oh how we laughed.

STOKE to beat QPR please. 

Someone was asking for these selections to be justified, so I''d like you all to know that I''ve recently read all the Harry Potter novels and that Briatore fellow reminds me of Lord Voldemort, so this is clearly an omen that the Potteries will triumph over Lord Voldemort''s side.

[quote user="1eed5canary"]One of the friendliest, down to earth, humourous guys I have ever met - and its always a highlight of my trips to Norwich to share a pint with him.[B][/quote]Aaaww Kev, you always say the nicest things.....but next time, do you reckon we can have a pint each instead of sharing one? [;)]Thanks Nutty, for giving me this opportunity to get my name on Ray''s wall of fame....you lovely old boy. [Y]And now guys, I need every bit of help I can get because my form so far this year has been attrossu- abizma- hurendu-crap. [:$]The old dog is relying on you pups that''s for sure! [;)]

Lapp, you''ll be fine.  I''m sure you''ll navigate your way to 6 winners.

I''m having a bit of a mare myself.  I''m early for once, but I can''t decide who to nap. 

I''ve had a look through the leagues and picked out 10, all of whom I''m confident will win.  I never normally have a flutter, especially not on football but I am tempted to bet on an accumulator on these 10 - Anderlecht, Ludogorets, Apoel Nicosia, PSG, Molde, Rapid Bucerest, Rangers, Dynamo Kiev, Bangor.

I''m gonna have to come back in a bit and pick 1, I just can''t make my mind up.[:S]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Lapp, you''ll be fine.  I''m sure you''ll navigate your way to 6 winners.

I''m having a bit of a mare myself.  I''m early for once, but I can''t decide who to nap. 

I''ve had a look through the leagues and picked out 10, all of whom I''m confident will win.  I never normally have a flutter, especially not on football but I am tempted to bet on an accumulator on these 10 - Anderlecht, Ludogorets, Apoel Nicosia, PSG, Molde, Rapid Bucerest, Rangers, Dynamo Kiev, Bangor.

I''m gonna have to come back in a bit and pick 1, I just can''t make my mind up.[:S]

[/quote]

Missed the 10th one  - Barcelona.

I''m off to see the odds and potential return on bet 365 for these.........

Good evening Nutty,good luck to you Lapp and all you other PUPs out there.

I understand that Lapp is taking a statistical sports scientific approach and using a blindfold and pin[;)]

Now off to Jockland for me this week and a HOME WIN in the Cup for AIRDRIE UNITED v Gala Fairydean.

I''ve decided which team to nap, but have based my decision solely on my parents wedding night so beware!

Firstly, I wasn''t there I hasten to add, but on their wedding night, my parents stayed up well into the early hours playing..........[:O]............[:$]........ Ludo!  And after 34 years of marriage and in spite of the usual arguements, violence, police call outs, visits to A&E and the numerous sordid affairs I am certain they would both say that they have no regrets.

There can therefore only be one team which I nap this weekend and that is Ludonoregrets[:)].

So it''s - Ludogorets vs. Kaliakra - Home win

Coincidentally - Ludo are top of the league - P13 W10 D2 L1 - F29 A5.  Ludo''s recent home form is even better than this, their last 6 home games - P6 W6 D0 L0 F21 A3.

- Kaliakara are 15th out of 16 in the league - P12 W1 D3 L8 F9 A22. Kaliakara''s recent away form is even worse than this, their last 6 away games - P6 W0 D1 L5 F4 A12.

Good luck everyone and the very best of luck Lapp[:)][Y]

If my Father had made love to my Mother on their wedding night I''d be napping Bangor.............

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Good evening Nutty,good luck to you Lapp and all you other PUPs out there.

I understand that Lapp is taking a statistical sports scientific approach and using a blindfold and pin[;)]

Now off to Jockland for me this week and a HOME WIN in the Cup for AIRDRIE UNITED v Gala Fairydean.

[/quote]

How on earth will that help him? 

Unless it''s a lucky donkey perchance........[:^)]

For the first time this season I''m going for Barcelona. They''ve played 5 and won 6 at home, scoring 26 and conceding a big fat zero. Zaragoza have played  5 away, winning none and drawing 2. They''ve scored 6 but conceded 12.I really can''t see anything else but a home win for Barca.

I''d also like to pick up on Kev''s comments. Mick is, indeed, a top bloke and always pleasant company. He''s totally committed to the Pups and deserves to have his name carved on the signature.

Good luck Lapp and all you lovely Pups, and if any of you are coming to hear Craig Fleming tomorrow night do come and say hello![Y]

Hi all,

A Sunday game in the Ukraine for me this week and top of the table Dinamo Kiev to stuff lowly Oleksandria.

Dinamo Kiev, Home win,

Good Luck Lapps, let''s hope we''re not Doomed!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

For the first time this season I''m going for Barcelona. They''ve played 5 and won 6 at home, scoring 26 and conceding a big fat zero.

[/quote]

Wow Beauseant, I know Barca are good but thats great home form haha

My pick this week is Rangers  v  St Johnstone  -  Home win

Rasngers are top with St Johnstone only down in fourth but they have double the points that St Johnstone do and a better goal difference of 20 goals, that with them playing at Ibrox there should only be one winner here

Good luck Lapp and all you other Pup''s out there!

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Bit of a gamble this week. Not picked them for a month but it''s back to Barcelona.
[/quote]

AND THE STATS ARE TO FOLLOW...?

Now I''ve been digesting my old mate Broadslim''s post most of the day and bearing that in mind one fixture leapt out at me.[:O] Burton away to Hereford. Because that''s where my dad brought his wedding suit[Z] But then I''m not too confident about aways and my dad wasn''t too good at marriages so there''s no way I can offer that to my buddy Lapp. But then I remembered my uncle Jack''s wedding day. He was a great rugby fan and interupted his wedding reception to listen to Eddie Waring describe Doncasters victory over Hullking Stan Rovers. Rumour has it that had Doncaster not won that game my auntie Vera''s wedding night would have had an early bath. As it was I believe it was a real up and under success. Now I bet Lapp is wondering how this helped me arrive at a selection. Well I''ll tell you. My Uncle Jack is a great Doncaster rugby league fan and the Yorkshire town Doncaster is twinned with Gelsenkirchen in Germany. Now Gelsenkirchen is home to the borough of Schalke which is home top German side Schalke 04.

So it''s Germany for me where Schalke 04 are at home to Nurnberg. Schalke''s home record is W4 D0 L2 F14 A8 while Nurnberg are W2 D0 L4 F4 A10 away from home. So there you go Lapp.

Schalke 04          v          Nurnberg          Home Win

I still miss Eddie Waring[:''(]