Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Arsenal Score Predictions

Firstly, I''d love a first clean sheet of the season, but I don''t think it will happen against Arsenal, but a win most importantly would be brilliant.

I have a gut feeling that the final score will be 2-1. 

I''m going to have to predict a win for us, so - Norwich 2 - 1 Arsenal.  Bradley Johson scoring the winner with a cracking drive in the 79th minute[Y].

Here''s hoping anyway![:)]

After long and hard thinking, it''s got 3-1 Aresenal all over this. Sky game, questionable ref, early kick off and RVP on form.

2:2

Arsenal will be 2-0 up at half time, but then Pilkington will pull one back in the 65th, later in the game an Arrsnl man will get sent off and we''ll get a controversial penalty deep into stoppage time that Holt will drill into the top right corner, leaving Wenger to blame poor refereeing in the PMI.

It''s hard to predict as Arsenal have a Champion''s League game on the 23rd and key players may be rested. However with RVP returning to London last Saturday from international duty I can see him starting and then being taken off if Arsenal get a 2 goal cushion. Walcott might be rested as he played yesterday despite the plan to have him play on Friday only (Welbeck''s injury changed that). Arsene has more faith in back up strikers Park and Chamakh in Europe than in the Premier League so could go with RVP on Saturday and then Park on Wednesday.

Wouldn''t be surprised to see Arshavin start, and although he gets a lot of critisim he is still a very dangerous player if in the centre of the field rather than out on the wing. If Arsenal do go with Park or Chamakh and a few other rotations then Norwich need to grab the initiative and go for them from the beginning; if RVP and the rest of the first team are out there then Norwich need to be patient and look to hit Arsenal on the break, getting in behind Jenkinson and Santos is key or exposing the often wonky off-trap Arsneal try to play. Would be hugely surprised if Lambert doesn''t go 4-5-1 with this one, allowing Arsneal time in the midfield is a sure way to get beaten.

Have a feeling it will be a 2-0 victory for Arsenal, but do a fear a little bit - Arsenal have looked so go going forward and Norwich''s defence hasn''t been up to much, especially against skillful players moving with the ball (which is basically all the Arsenal team), if they are on form and up for it they could fill their boots on Saturday.

For once I was happy with the timing of the international break; it gave us a chance to re-group after a couple of games where we have conceded too many goals. And of course Arsenal probably have more players away on international duty than us. So good news for City.

However I think we are going to get a real shoeing from someone as most promoted teams inevitably do. Let’s hope it’s not Saturday.

In my view not a hope in hell of us keeping a clean sheet and i, like others, have had this uneasy feeling we are going to get a hiding off someone at some point soon.

That said, even though Arsenal have been on a good run of results i don''t think they have anything like the kind of aura they had even two seasons ago. RVP is a quality player but Walcott blows hot and cols and they are ropey at tha back. Both the fullbacks look very poor defensively to me. I therefore think we can get at them and cause them problems.

My prediction is 4-2 although not sure who to. If we really get in their faces and kick them a bit then we could get some joy. if we sit off them and let them run at the back 4 like we did with Blackburn then we have no chance and it could be a bit embarrassing.

Sad to say,but with the gooners now starting to find form,and with our defensive frailties,I think we are in for our first tonking of the season.Hope im badly wrong,but 4 0 to Arsenal

I think every score prediction i have made on her is 2:1 norwich. So i will stick with that! For consistency reasons more than topic related!

A combination of international and champions league games means i''m pretty sure some first team players will be rested. Blackburn undone them so i don''t see why we can''t equally have a go... and probably lose.

1-0 Norwich, I think we''ll surprise everyone and get a clean sheet after a wonderful performance and Bennett opening his account with a 30 yard screamer.

I can see the Norwich 1-4 Arsenal trend being kept up.

Blackburn undone them with a big big big helping hand from Arsenal themselves. I don''t think we''ll be that lucky. The scoreline won''t reflect the game!

Haven''t we had this discussion LDC....

Its perfectly fine to expect to lose to Arsenal. People aren''t going to sit their moaning all game looking depressed just because they think were going to lose to a BETTER team.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I hate prediction threads...........

2-2.

If you think we''re going to lose please don''t bother coming to the match, stay at home and watch on telly. Only positive support wanted on Saturday.[/quote]

I shall be giving positive support as always but that has nothing to do with what I expect the result to be.I would love to forecast a win but logically I expect a two or three goal defeat.I would love to be proved wrong and even a point would be wonderful but I can''t see us getting anything.

I was waiting for the s*** to hit the fan..............

If you expect your team to lose you shouldn''t go to the match because you and any other fans who are expecting to lose will give off negative vibes.

Its a fact. Ask Man City fans (up till last season).

Its not a fact LDC.

Seriously, we ALL WANT NORWICH TO WIN.

That has nothing to do with what result we predict (well it does, it means were going to be biased towards Norwich).

I''ve predicted a 1-0 win, but to be honest i''m half expecting RVP to have a field day if our defenders don''t improve on recent outings and he could score 2 or 3 (or more) quite easily.

But i''m not going in with a negative attitude, I don''t want Norwich to lose, i''m not going to be booing if were losing, i''m not going to be moaning etc etc etc.

Obviously the players aren''t going to go into the game expecting to lose, but they know unless they put in a really good performance and/or have luck on their side, an Arsenal win is the most likely result.

Please don''t bother coming on these prediction threads (and i''m sorry to have to tell you this, as you seem like a decent person), as your just wrong.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I was waiting for the s*** to hit the fan.............. If you expect your team to lose you shouldn''t go to the match because you and any other fans who are expecting to lose will give off negative vibes. Its a fact. Ask Man City fans (up till last season).[/quote]

Oh go on then Lets say a win to us 9-0 will be about right,

[quote user="lake district canary"]I hate prediction threads........... 2-2. If you think we''re going to lose please don''t bother coming to the match, stay at home and watch on telly. Only positive support wanted on Saturday.[/quote]

Oh come on ldc.People are just being realistic Arse are a top Premiership team with a few top,top class players.We can be a good team,but we are still learning.

If our defence wakes up this weekend we could get a draw,but sadly i think we will more than likely slip up.

1-2 Gooners[:(]

You could also be forgiven for saying its a bit silly telling people not to turn up if they predict an Arsenal win...

Just to give you some non-biased perspective, some bookies odds:

Norwich: 10/3

Draw: 5/2

Arsenal: 4/6

Arsenal are that more likely to win than draw or lose, so telling Norwich fans there being pessimistic/wrong in predicting an Arsenal win, is actually very very wrong. Being a supporter of a club doesn''t mean you have to predict a win every game.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]You could also be forgiven for saying its a bit silly telling people not to turn up if they predict an Arsenal win... Just to give you some non-biased perspective, some bookies odds: Norwich: 10/3 Draw: 5/2 Arsenal: 4/6 Arsenal are that more likely to win than draw or lose, so telling Norwich fans there being pessimistic/wrong in predicting an Arsenal win, is actually very very wrong. Being a supporter of a club doesn''t mean you have to predict a win every game.[/quote]

No but it makes me feel better when I do LOL

Arsenal and us both have poor defences and both sides have the weapons to exploit those deficiencies. I foresee a high scoring score draw, 3-3 with RVP scoring a hat-trick. Morison, Holt and Pilkington to score for us.

GP - you seem to think that you are right about everything and that people with a contary view must be deluded in some way.

Well, in my humble opinion it''s not a healthy attitude to be going to watch a match expecting to lose. And for other people who don''t read my posts properly, I don''t expect to win either.

In my opinion the only sensible way of going to watch a football match is to have an open mind about the result, win, lose or draw. Then you will enjoy the game much more. You won''t be fearing the loss. You won''t be desperate to win. You won''t be so disappointed if you lose. You will still be extatic if you win.

If you go into a match expecting to lose and you do lose.................well, where''s the fun in that??

You keep saying to me that predicting a Norwich loss is not a negative attitude. Well, I think thats wrong.

I started posting on this board as a long term NCFC supporter, because I got fed up with reading so much negative stuff about the football club.

It''s like the news on TV - they only report it if its bad news.

As the club has become more positive I think that many fans have not caught up with the positive attitude that surrounds our success. You get people slagging off good squad players, players are written off before they''ve had a chance to prove themselves. Grant Holt last season and this season. Thankfully he is still proving the doubters wrong.

You get the relegation mini-leaguers who despite their claims to be positive still base their statistics on a negative - relegation.

You get the predictors who reckon we are going to lose to all the big clubs and then they get all worked up about the lesser clubs whose matches with NCFC are then deemed to be more important than they really are.

Diversity is the spice of life. Allow me to disagree and I will allow you to have your opinion. It''s all about opinions and mine is that supporters should do everything they can to be positive about their club.

I ask of anyone who thinks they are going to lose to Arsenal - are you not letting them defeat you (not the team, but you) before they have even got to Norwich? Teams are there to be beaten.

But please don''t say I am expecting to win because I am not. I''m simply saying to the defeat predictors look at your motives for predicting a defeat, not the statistics.