Sign in to follow this  
nycanary

This Weekend's Ref - Not Good

Just read that Stuart Attwell is this weekend''s ref and its his FIRST time referring at Old Trafford.  Newly vulnerable to the United faithful.....

[quote user="nycanary"]Just read that Stuart Attwell is this weekend''s ref and its his FIRST time referring at Old Trafford.  Newly vulnerable to the United faithful.....[/quote]I was going to comment on your use of the word "referring" as opposed to "refereeing", but the more I think about it, the more I think you''ve used exactly the right word.  I expect most decisions to be made after a glance at the human volcano pacing up and down around the Man U bench.

FFS!

Mr Attwell might be thinking that he will show he is not intimidated by the Old Trafford ''bias'', and certain decisions might land our way, or he may crumble under the pressure, your thoughts.........

It could work in our favour.

He might be trying so hard to be seen to be fair and not favouring Utd, that 50/50 decisions go our way.

It would be nice to see old chewing gum red face blow a gasket.

[quote user="nycanary"]Just read that Stuart Attwell is this weekend''s ref and its his FIRST time referring at Old Trafford.  Newly vulnerable to the United faithful.....[/quote]Do you really think that''ll make any difference to the outcome on Saturday ?If the ref, two lino''s and for good measure the 4th official all had season tickets at Carrow Road I doubt it''d make a blind bit of difference....

I fancy us to give it a good go, but would hate it if the ref had a major influence if it turns out to be one of those "so close, but so far" scenarios. I did a Google on him and Graham Poll had concerns about him a year ago, let''s hope he has developed a lot since then...or we''ll all be joining one of his ''fans''Facebook pages

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=31702759206

As it turned out I thought he was excellent although it wasn''t a difficult game to ref.  A couple of times a United player fell over theatrically but rather half-heartedly and he had none of it.  Got the decisions pretty much spot on and let the game flow.

Unbeaten in the last 12 games visited (exeter WALSALL, forest, PRESTON,

BRISTOL CITY, reading, DERBY, COVENTRY, SHEFF U, LEICESTER, wigan,

BOLTON ). Will it be lucky 13 at Old Trafford? Eh ? NO     :-)

Felt the ref had a good game and moved around the pitch well. No real problems to contend with apart from Rooney wearing his sliding boots and expecting penalties for falling over when our players were nowhere near. SA didn''t fall for his acting, or lack of.