Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Ferguson impressed by Norwich City

* Baits hook, casts fishing line deep into the water * sad when you have to put a disclaimer before a comment :(What does Alex Ferguson know about football anyway ?! Think he was just being polite....... Morrison was pants.

Ferguson may occasionally say some silly things, but mostly he knows what he''s talking about and his views should be respected, so to get praise from him is great.

AVB could learn a thing or two from Fergie.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Sounds like he at least appreciates the role Morison played today as the lone striker.http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/15045317.stm[/quote]Hmm, from his written comments and interview on MOTD it sounds like a rather thinly veiled implication that we were "parking the bus" and not making any attempt to win the game, which is a pretty ridiculous implication. Still, either way it''s clear we caused far more problems than he expected so we can take massive positives from his comments.

Speaking of MOTD, we got good praise from all three tonight, infact 2-0 flattered Manure according to Al and on our Irish (very poor) version of MOTD we got a really big up plus a great piece on the "scarves" chant.

"We deserved to win as we were the only team wanting to win"....or words to that effect - you would need an interpreter for an exact translation.

Ferguson is a prize **nker...always has been..always will be. Sees every game wearing heavily blinkered glasses and any praise that came Norwich''s way was feint to the extreme.

[quote user="unique"]"We deserved to win as we were the only team wanting to win"....or words to that effect - you would need an interpreter for an exact translation.

Ferguson is a prize **nker...always has been..always will be. Sees every game wearing heavily blinkered glasses and any praise that came Norwich''s way was feint to the extreme.[/quote]Agreed he gave very little praise for Norwich , in fact he seemed annoyed that we dare to shut out his beloved united.   

""They turned every counter attack into something positive, so that

was a problem to deal with."People who think he was saying we were "parking the bus" - does "parking the bus" involve positive counter attacking?

I think some want to have an excuse to hate the guy. But yea he commented on our counter attacking and admitted that was a problem which in theory is a problem for a world class team against a newly promoted side. I think that can be interpreted as praise?

People hear what they want to hear, I guess.  I was looking at the positive things he did say, rather than trying to tease out the many negative things he might have been implying without actually directly saying them.  Boy, I''m glad so many people in the world are so much smarter than me.