Sign in to follow this  
canariesaregods

Marc Tierney

The lad dominated Nani today, who is probably the best winger in the prem at the moment and on current form one of the best in the world. dont get me wrong i know he blows hot and cold, but Tierney was in total control. The question is, is he good enough to play for england? I personally think he is

Superb against Nani and defensively very strong. Did give the ball away a numer of times in the second half with short passes in tight spaces, though, and any higher recognition would need that sort of thing eliminated. It''s already been a huge leap for him and I''d say anything further is unlikely.

Tierney has been a revelation this season. Was outstanding today (as were most of the team) and even at this early stage could be the next big money transfer out of the Club. I certainly believe he is good enough for the division.  

Tierney will be a premiership player for the rest of his career (or at lest most of it) from now on I should think, unless these first few games were just a short burst of form. He has proven to be very solid defensively, and pretty solid attacking as well.

Last season I wasn''t even sure if he was good enough for Championship, I thought he couldn''t defend well and a lot of his crosses were poor. But that was either me missing thing, or he has really improved this season.

As for England, Cole, Baines and Warnock are the other left backs aren''t they? Don''t think i''ve missed any. Cole is probably still just about the best LB in the world at the moment, so for the next 2/3 years you would probably think he will still be in the team. I personally think Baines is really good, whenever i have seen him i''ve been impressed. Can''t say the same about Warnock, so could Tierney be 3rd choice LB for England soon? Problem is, if he has Ireland offering him games, he will probably do that, because he must be similar age to Baines, so may never be first choice LB unless he keeps on improving and constantly performing.

I said after the Sunderland game that I hoped he turned down the chance to play for Ireland unless he felt a strong connection to them. He was magnificent again today and kept the threat from Nani down to a minimum. Cole is first choice now but is pushing thirty. Baines is very good but I''m not that impressed by Warnock. Keep playing well and he could only be a couple of injuries away from being in the England squad. Like I said before ''How Irish does he feel?''

He has been fantastic. Such a quick learner. Hard to believe he''s only been with the squad for such a short time. Culverhouse certainly has done wonders with him and R. Martin, both have flourished. I''m sure Drury has played his part in helping Tierney too

The commentator, Davie Provan I believe stated that it was the best full back performance against Nani so far this season.

I think everybody has to be praised defensively, tactically we were perfect and but for a lack of composure would have got something.

Naughton/Bennett & Tierney/Pilkington worked so hard to prevent players getting by them on the outside and forced them inside where Fox/Johnson mopped everything up.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Tierney will be a premiership player for the rest of his career (or at lest most of it) from now on I should think, unless these first few games were just a short burst of form. He has proven to be very solid defensively, and pretty solid attacking as well. Last season I wasn''t even sure if he was good enough for Championship, I thought he couldn''t defend well and a lot of his crosses were poor. But that was either me missing thing, or he has really improved this season. As for England, Cole, Baines and Warnock are the other left backs aren''t they? Don''t think i''ve missed any. Cole is probably still just about the best LB in the world at the moment, so for the next 2/3 years you would probably think he will still be in the team. I personally think Baines is really good, whenever i have seen him i''ve been impressed. Can''t say the same about Warnock, so could Tierney be 3rd choice LB for England soon? Problem is, if he has Ireland offering him games, he will probably do that, because he must be similar age to Baines, so may never be first choice LB unless he keeps on improving and constantly performing.[/quote]

Agree completely with this GP, but hope he does stay "English". I also think ironically his theatrics at Bolton got him noticed, hence a lot more people in the media have started to comment on him. I bet he is on a few Radars at the moment....

A fantastic player who can adjust his game to the opposition. Fewer marauding runs and crosses down the left wing yesterday compared against Sunderland, as he concentrated on defending the attacking threat (Nani) which surely is a full backs main duty.He must be a manager''s dream.Do know for sure, but was probably told to try and boss Nani by PL, as loads of manyoo goals have come from him or his delivery this season.Our best player by far this season.Need to keep at NCFC at all costs.

Who would have that someone who so vehemently stated he would never play for Norwich City would become one of their most important contributors to promotion and hopefully premiership survival.

He''s been absolutely brilliant since he signed here and despite Fox being my favourite player, Tierney is the one who has impressed me most in comparison to what I expected him to bring to the team.

He does adapt his game according to the opposition and I actually think regardless of who is playing ahead of him, he is able to create a good understanding with whoever it is.

Long live Norwich City''s reign of Tierney!

Tierney has definately been the only player to play every game this season for a reason! And he seems to just keep getting better.

I wouldnt be suprised if people starting sniffing about after him but I really hope we can keep hold of him.

[quote user="improper fraction"]He has been fantastic. Such a quick learner. Hard to believe he''s only been with the squad for such a short time. Culverhouse certainly has done wonders with him and R. Martin, both have flourished. I''m sure Drury has played his part in helping Tierney too[/quote]Totally agree, I''m convinced Culverhouse''s influence and coaching has much to do with it.  Culverhouse should be given as much credit as Lambert is given.