Sign in to follow this  
LinkNR9

Let's get today into perspective

This season so far -

Man U 3 Spurs 0

Man U 8 Arsenal 2

Man U 3 Chelsea 1

These were heavy defeats for established PL teams with huge budgets; we were in League 1 two seasons ago. We go to Old Trafford today and push last season''s Premier League winners and Champions League finalists close for 87 minutes. Fergie is relieved not to have been beaten.

However, if you look on this message board this evening, you''ll still find people whinging about inexperienced strikers missing chances and moaning about this and that. Unbelievable.

[quote user="Gene Tierney"]Okay let''s put things into perspective. Manure were shiite today compared to their three previous home games.
[/quote]

And of course we had anything to do with MU being shiite, did we??

Unbelieveable!!

no gene we were incredible in the defense and midfield. Morison did a good job in my eyes too. United wern''t allowed to play because of us, our drive our tactics were spot on just got unlucky with chances

[quote user="Making Plans"]

[quote user="Gene Tierney"]Okay let''s put things into perspective. Manure were shiite today compared to their three previous home games.
[/quote]

And of course we had anything to do with MU being shiite, did we??

Unbelieveable!!

[/quote]

Sorry, should have read "And of course we had nothing to do with MU being shiite, did we??

[/quote]

Whats the thing I am missing here ? Play Man U - worse they have played - Played Sunderland ( who looked preety good to me ) Worse performance of the season Played Chelsea - They never got going Played Stoke - we did not play after our long European trip Played Bolton - worse they have played all season - mmmm could it be these managers were embarassed by a team 2 seasons out of league 1 or could it actually be our tatics made them look bad. Get real Gene this was Man U''s first team other than Ashley Young and our tatics meant they could not play

We did not allow manure time to play and with better composure could have taken something from the game.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

This season so far -

Man U 3 Spurs 0

Man U 8 Arsenal 2

Man U 3 Chelsea 1

These were heavy defeats for established PL teams with huge budgets; we were in League 1 two seasons ago. We go to Old Trafford today and push last season''s Premier League winners and Champions League finalists close for 87 minutes. Fergie is relieved not to have been beaten.

Agree mate, infected with scummers!

However, if you look on this message board this evening, you''ll still find people whinging about inexperienced strikers missing chances and moaning about this and that. Unbelievable.

[/quote]

[quote]Okay let''s put things into perspective.

Manure were shiite today compared to their three previous home games.[/quote]

You are a divisive chap aren''t you? Even the pundits on MOTD gave us

some credit for our performance today, so clearly we played very well,

and I would imagine that probably contributed to Man U not whitewashing

us. Still, I bet you''re delighted you only need to invest in one scarf

this season eh? [:D]

I have to say that although a wasn''t at the game today, i did listen to it on the radio, and I think City did themselves and our great county proud today! Many teams with far bigger reputations, will go to Old Trafford and come away with nothing, we were not expected to get anything, and so it proved correct. But we did not by any means, disgrace ourselves. The future does look good for NCFC and I am damned proud to be a City fan. OTBC

It''s a bit (well, very) lame to say that Man U were crap today that made us look good or that Sunderland/Bolton were crap, which is the only reason why we beat them. How do you define crap? Crap as being "didn''t beat us", well, in that case, Sunderland & Bolton were crap i.e. weren''t as good as Norwich. Man U were crap because they didn''t walk the game against Norwich but the reason they were crap, is because Norwich were good. I''m sure that Man U would have been astonishingly breathtaking against Bradwell Hathor cub team.As for slating Pilkington, how many did Rooney put away today?Why not support someone else if Norwich aren''t good enough?

Just because we lost, this doesn''t mean we come away with nothing. Every single NCFC player, manager, backroom staff and fan can be proud, and extremely lifted after Today. We had enough chances to win 2 or 3 games, and although we missed them, not many (including the big sides) will have as many chances as us. It shows our tactics with 1 striker and playing with wingers is spot on, and against the weaker sides we will pick up enough points to stay up comfortably. We now have a break of 2 weeks till our next game, a huge game albeit, vs Swansea, and play how we did Today, there is no reason why we can''t get a good win at CR vs the Swans! We are still proving the critics wrong with our performances!  OTBC

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]We did not allow manure time to play and with better composure could have taken something from the game.[/quote]

That about sums it up for me.

If we''re putting things into perspective, we had four chances to score today making it possible to win the game. How many other teams are going to do that this season?

As a professional it shouldn''t matter whether your playing in front of 70,000 or 7000, you should take those chances. However, we should appreciate that these players that we have are still learning the game at the highest level and that''s where the perspective lies for me.

If we get to January and our forward players are continuing to miss these sorts of chances then we may have to try to find someone who can put those chances away but that in itself is not going to be easy or cheap.

An outstanding performance today, we really showed what we can do, we just need to take those chances. I fear a lot of t teams will have sat up and taken note of what we''re capable of after that performance.

Listen up you gormless planks.  If the thread started by stating Manure''s three home performances of dishing out three spankings. Made our match even better.  It is also fair to say that their forth against us they were distinctly shiite in comparison because they were. That doesn''t automatically mean we weren''t any good does it  FFS.

Just said it in another post, yesterday we were excellent. Played our tactics right, the reason they didn''t play well is becasue of our tactics. broke down play very well, and kept them out for 70ish mins!

Our main aim this season is to survive, yesterday proved that we can, and hopefully will. I performance like that yesterday against Swansea in 2 weeks, and 4 weeks against Blackburn, and we should have another 6 points!

[quote user="Who Let The Fox Out"]You what Gene? I don''t understand your post.[/quote]All I was trying to saying was Manure were very under par yesterday.  That doesn''t take away the fact that we''ve been excellent every game. 

It was a very good performance today, - I felt beforehand that if we did better than a 3-0 defeat it would be almost a victory. I think that we gained some admirers, and the title "little ole Norwich" will begin to fade. In most parts of our game we are not lacking.

Rooney got hardly a look in, nor his fellow striker. Nani was blotted out fo the ganme by the excellent Tierney. The defence generally looked sounder than before. The midfield, including wingers, played excellent counter-attack football. Dion Dublin on Final Score described it as lightning fast, and Mark Bright agreed.

It was a very good performance, but if one player had maintained concentration in front of goal it could have been a great performance.

[quote user="Gene Tierney"]Listen up you gormless planks.  If the thread started by stating Manure''s three home performances of dishing out three spankings. Made our match even better.  It is also fair to say that their forth against us they were distinctly shiite in comparison because they were. That doesn''t automatically mean we weren''t any good does it  FFS.[/quote]You are missing the point!...I`ll try a real simple analogy that will give you a chance to comprehend and finally you may understand! If i played you at fifa on the ps3,afterwards you would be saying to your mates/mate "That geezer is unbelievable!" ...Yet if i played greeno(as i did 2 years ago,and was the 3rd best in the uk at the time),you would see all my dummie back run/passes fail,my quick triangle onto triangle(called a egg timer move),fail and any blind runs picked up.as he knows how to anticipate my moves and cut out threats..Some people like you may have thought i was playing ### compared to the thrashing i dished out to you....But that wouldnt be the case! the reason i lost is he knew how to stop me playing!...Okay got it? good,

[quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="Gene Tierney"]Listen up you gormless planks.  If the thread started by stating Manure''s three home performances of dishing out three spankings. Made our match even better.  It is also fair to say that their forth against us they were distinctly shiite in comparison because they were. That doesn''t automatically mean we weren''t any good does it  FFS.[/quote]You are missing the point!...I`ll try a real simple analogy that will give you a chance to comprehend and finally you may understand! If i played you at fifa on the ps3,afterwards you would be saying to your mates/mate "That geezer is unbelievable!" ...Yet if i played greeno(as i did 2 years ago,and was the 3rd best in the uk at the time),you would see all my dummie back run/passes fail,my quick triangle onto triangle(called a egg timer move),fail and any blind runs picked up.as he knows how to anticipate my moves and cut out threats..Some people like you may have thought i was playing ### compared to the thrashing i dished out to you....But that wouldnt be the case! the reason i lost is he knew how to stop me playing!...Okay got it? good,[/quote]LOL.  Run that by me again[8-)]

It is no coincidence that Man Utd won 18 home games last season but only 5 away from home. You can''t blame that entirely on referees favouritism - the fact is that Old Trafford is a really intimidating venue for an away team to play at, and inexperienced players can easily lose their bottle in front of goal. I believe that is what happened to our front players yesterday, and I believe that those same players would have put those chances away at Carrow Road, or indeed at most other Premier League venues. They are only human after all.Having said that, why didn''t Grant Holt play? Of all our forwards, surely he is the one who thrives in these sort of pressure situations, as we saw in the derby games last season. Has he fallen out with PL or something?

It was a great performance IMO and we could easily have won with better finishing by Pilkington and passing decisions by Morison and Bennett. United were under par but this was predicted by many after the uneasy draw against Basle.   

The performance was good, we are fit, organised and resilient. There is still much room for improvement but that will come as the season progresses. Experience and confidence will grow, and because we have a young / hungry squad quality will improve as they adapt to the new level and also there will be an addition or 2 in the transfer market in January.