Sign in to follow this  
essexcanary

team against west ham?

lets mix it up a bit for the fa cup i think!!

green

eddie   shackell doherty  drury

jonson  bentley  mullers  brennan

crow   jarvis 

jarvis can swap with jonson on occasion!  leav hucks on the bench for a rest and give fleming a deserved rest.

I agree with you. i think crow and jarvis deserve a start for the effort they have put into their games. Hcuekrby seems to be losing his touch a little so perhaps he should be rested for the west ham match, and then come back into the side maybe for the villa away match.

Forgot something, can eddy play against west ham, I didn''t know if his ban applies for all agmes, or just league games. How amny games is his ban for aswell. Anyone know?

Interesting Robert!

Mullers'' contribution on Monday was generally to arrive fractionally late and hoof it up in the air. Helveg had a corking game at right back, he doesn''t have the pace needed but he can''t half read the game and he''s looking more composed on the ball with every game. Keep playing him unless he''s knackered. Brennan looked up for it on Monday although he does seem to be puffing a bit.

I agree about maybe giving Flem a rest and trying Shackell though. As there are a couple of WH fans in my office (to match the two of us who are of sound mind) we need to put out a team with a reasonable chance of winning. Remember Jonson can play up front as well, having him as the target man and a pacey one playing off him would be nice and give Malky something to think about. That would also give WLY a chance to show if he''s still got something in him on the right.

green

eddie   shackell doherty  drury

WLY    bentley  Helveg    brennan

jonson    jarvis 

Subs Flem, Hucks, Crow, Mullers, Gallacher

Not sure, I think this line up would be taking West Ham too lightly.  If Worthy picked this team and they beat us, perhaps with Shack making an error and/or Crow missing a sitter he would get crucifed.

Depends if people want to view it as a game to give a few players a break and concentrate on the league (with our luck at the mo we''ll lose someone else!) or view it as a game when we try to illustrate why we''re premier league and they''re not.

I still like Jonson and Jarvis up front though!

[quote]Forgot something, can eddy play against west ham, I didn''t know if his ban applies for all agmes, or just league games. How amny games is his ban for aswell. Anyone know?[/quote]

His ban''s for league games, he''ll be unavailable against Villa.

Like the idea of playing the youngsters against WHU though - look at us, putting out a youth side in a cup game. We''re practically Arsenal already ;-)

i agree with ya ideas mate. i only put murlyne in so he can continue to gain fitness.  i am big fan of helveg, so maybe play him right back

Excellent news Peter. Since he''s had the run (that dodgy pass vs Chelsea apart) I think he''s looked a class act.

[quote]Edworthy''s ban was for one game. He''s starting on Saturday with Helveg back in midfield.[/quote]

Only one game eh?  Great news, but I thought a straight red for a professional foul received a 3 game ban?

[quote]Professional foul = 1 game, violent conduct = 3 games.[/quote]

Aah I see.  Got any plans to write a "Press conference called for.." thread anytime soon Pete!?  Come on mate, you know you want too!

.... and getting back to the thread.
Personally I think we need a win to bolster our confidence a bit. It''ll do us a world of good to get an away win, therefore we should play our strongest team. If we''re winning perhaps then we can think about resting some people (I''ve got a few bob on us to win the Cup this year so no slacking please).

Great idea to mix it up, but you''re all forgetting one very important player!!!

DAMIEN FRANCIS !!!

Now this guys needs to be in to keep his fitness going after his injury - and I''d rather we won the game and got more money in than tried something comlpetely new.

GREEN

EDDY  FLEM  DOC  CHARLTON

JONSON  FRANCIS  BENTLEY

HUX

CROW  JARVIS