Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

We're Norwich City, we've come for our scarves...

Came over loud and clear on the TV. [IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/icon_celebrate.gif[/IMG]

Sing it once if you must but it got a little cringeworthy when it was sung for the 5th time.

[quote user="forte"]Sing it once if you must but it got a little cringeworthy when it was sung for the 5th time.[/quote]Yeah, I mean who repeats songs at a football match?Did you go then? If not I don''t think you''re in a position to question others in their support of their team.

Oi forte! Just got back and I see you have helpfully contributed to this board by advising what we should sing and what we should not.

I suggest you change your name to piano

What? Why would anyone join in singing that song when it gets started up for about the 5th time.

Enjoyed singing that today and would have happily sung it for a 6th time...we sang from start to finish and beyond, without hardly a break. Good repertoire of chants and thoroughly kept the place buzzing, with little contribution from Man U ''supporters''

[quote user="forte"]Sing it once if you must but it got a little cringeworthy when it was sung for the 5th time.[/quote]To be fair I agree. It''s funny for one or two times, but I just cba with it for like the 10th time.

[quote user="forte"]Sing it once if you must but it got a little cringeworthy when it was sung for the 5th time.[/quote]To be fair I agree. It''s funny for one or two times, but I just cba with it for like the 10th time.

Own up forte, are you a Binner or a Plastic Manc?

In 2 threads you''ve criticised what was sung yesterday so can''t believe you are a Norwich Fan.

Done job Harry.

The next thing we get will be the poor yella support. Funny, it''s always someone without any history on this board - at least with their ''handle''

Many good chants mate. Probably best to hit home was f... off back to London. Quality!!!

I had to sit with utd supporters at match yesterday, and I have to say that to watch our fans from the other side of the ground was strange but also fantastic - brilliant support.

When the 3000 started sing the scarf song the utd supporters around me didn''t get it the first time. After a while though it got through to them, so well done for keeping singing it!!!

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Would be great if somebody uploaded a video of it being sung.[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgzdTzU1iTc

Sorry about the bad quality and it only being sung once, but my phone records quiet things extremely well and loud things terrible, so blame our loud support for the below par sound quality [;)]

[quote user="lake district canary"]I had to sit with utd supporters at match yesterday, and I have to say that to watch our fans from the other side of the ground was strange but also fantastic - brilliant support. When the 3000 started sing the scarf song the utd supporters around me didn''t get it the first time. After a while though it got through to them, so well done for keeping singing it!!![/quote]

Me too,  it wasn''t audible at the half-way line too many times, and the Man U fans around me did get the joke.  How often do you hear a new chant at a football game ?

The "we support our local team" chant certainly hit home and touched a raw nerve !

It was weird how small the City fans looked as a share of the ground, but then thinking about it with 3,000 out of 75,000 that''s a pretty small percentage.

For much of the game the home fans were quiet and the only thing you could hear was from City, so I''d say well done to everyone.

After several rounds of ''We''ve come for scarves'' the Mancs around me were asking ''what is it they''re singing?'' - I told them and they found it funny - they just couldn''t understand the words in a southern (or should that be eastern?) accent. That maybe shows there is a need to repeat things!...

Next time try: "We''ve coombe f''rah scaffs"...

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

After several rounds of ''We''ve come for scarves'' the Mancs around me were asking ''what is it they''re singing?'' - I told them and they found it funny - they just couldn''t understand the words in a southern (or should that be eastern?) accent. That maybe shows there is a need to repeat things!...

Next time try: "We''ve coombe f''rah scaffs"...

[/quote]

The one''s around me didn''t get it straight away either, but got it by the end!

And they got that we were a decent team too!

Great support!!!

[quote user="forte"]What? Why would anyone join in singing that song when it gets started up for about the 5th time.[/quote]

Football songs should be sung ad nauseum, particularly if they''re funny and apposite, which I think applies to this one.

[quote user="Harry"]Own up forte, are you a Binner or a Plastic Manc?

In 2 threads you''ve criticised what was sung yesterday so can''t believe you are a Norwich Fan.[/quote]

Just because I don''t join in the w*nkfest over cringey unoriginal songs like "we support our local team" I can''t be a Norwich fan.

OK.