Sign in to follow this  
Excuse me?

Man Utd fans - embarrassing.

Just had to post to air my utter embarrassment on behalf of all so called ''man united fans''. Today when asking a ''local'' for directions to the ground from Manchester city centre, we figured that asking someone dressed in a resplendent red Manchester united shirt would be the best option. How wrong we were, his reply came.." errr sorry lads, I don''t know either I''ve never been to old trafford before..."

You simply couldn''t make it up....

As for their complete no-show atmosphere wise in the ground... Well that was a disgrace to football!! If this is what most of the premiership is like, then take me back to league 1!!!  Joke.

Proud to be a Norwich fan.

I wasnt at the game but was watching in a pub and the Norwich fans were incredible. I wouldnt want to support a club like Man U as there is little to no passion whatsoever. When they scored there isnt any euporia or excitement... more of a about time sort of clap. Its just a big glory hunting stadium full of a load of boring people.

[quote user="curly_whirly_tipz"]I wasnt at the game but was watching in a pub and the Norwich fans were incredible. I wouldnt want to support a club like Man U as there is little to no passion whatsoever. When they scored there isnt any euporia or excitement... more of a about time sort of clap. Its just a big glory hunting stadium full of a load of boring people.[/quote]

I thought the little section of ground that they put our fans in was a disgrace, compared to the size of the ground we could or should have been allowed more than the 3000, so on the flip side should we not do the same and send them 800 tickets

[quote user="Excuse me"]Just had to post to air my utter embarrassment on behalf of all so called ''man united fans''. Today when asking a ''local'' for directions to the ground from Manchester city centre, we figured that asking someone dressed in a resplendent red Manchester united shirt would be the best option. How wrong we were, his reply came.." errr sorry lads, I don''t know either I''ve never been to old trafford before..."

You simply couldn''t make it up....

As for their complete no-show atmosphere wise in the ground... Well that was a disgrace to football!! If this is what most of the premiership is like, then take me back to league 1!!!  Joke.

Proud to be a Norwich fan.[/quote]Me too.  I''m proud to support a team like Norwich, whose fans would never generalise about another club''s entire supporter base on the grounds of one random encounter with one individual.

I had the honour of sitting in the Manchester United end (North Stand) and the Norwich fans were amazing. There were some frequent chants by Manchester United fans but it was just shouting "United" over and over again very loud.

Just remember though this is 3000 extremely loyal Norwich fans vs. 75000 ManU fans who get to go to games frequently and probably saw this as a little game and a performance not to be cheered about.

My mate said that their final ball was really dire. I told him that they weren''t given the chance to have a good final ball.

They expected to win; euphoric chanting was unlikely to happen when we kept them at bay for 68 minutes.

[quote user="CantonsHero"]I had the honour of sitting in the Manchester United end (North Stand) and the Norwich fans were amazing. There were some frequent chants by Manchester United fans but it was just shouting "United" over and over again very loud. Just remember though this is 3000 extremely loyal Norwich fans vs. 75000 ManU fans who get to go to games frequently and probably saw this as a little game and a performance not to be cheered about. My mate said that their final ball was really dire. I told him that they weren''t given the chance to have a good final ball. They expected to win; euphoric chanting was unlikely to happen when we kept them at bay for 68 minutes.[/quote]

Your signature needs changing, unfortunately! On the topic of Man U fans, I wasn''t lucky enough to go Yesterday, so had to settle for the pub. Our fans sounded quality, like always, but I never heard their lot, not even when they scored. Most of my mates are Man Utd ''fans'' and have been trying to wind me up about Yesterday. They do not understand, that they should feel embarrassed for 1. Supporting a team 250 miles away who they will never see, and 2. They are supposed to be one of the best teams in Europe, and they only just managed to scrape a victory against a side playing League 1 2 years ago. It''s like Norwich fans winding up Yeovil fans when we beat them, it''s pathetic, and they just don''t understand football.

Was fortunate enough to get tickets for the game. I couldn''t believe how quiet the home fans were. I know that Norwich probably wasn''t a game that got them overly-excited, but when the away fans are taking the p155 you think they would be able to respond (unless they feel it is beneath them).

I have posted a video of the Norwich fans at the game at [link]http://canaryfans.co.uk/home/64-sooty/videos/video/12-Norwich+Fans+at+Old+Trafford+1st+Oct+2011[/link]

Let me know if you can spot yourselves.

sorry about the garbage link ... I always have problems with this cr@p board. The link showed fine in the preview, but gets screwed up when saving.

Video is at http://canaryfans.co.uk/home/64-sooty/videos/video/12-Norwich+Fans+at+Old+Trafford+1st+Oct+2011

We asked for directions to a group(all in Man Utd shirts) after the game they said we were gonna follow you cos we come from Birmingham ?????? How embarassing ???? My Son and I walked away shaking our heads............

It''s a day out, an attraction for tourists. Everyone goes to Old Trafford, buys a shirt, watches the game clicking away at their cameras, and goes home. They''re so used to winning that anything other than goals will not be greeted.

Just wanted to add a little to the discussion - I was fortunate enough to be offered a couple of tickets in the upper tier of the Stretford end - and to be fair to the Utd fans, the ones around us didn''t stop singing & chanting the entire game - and responded with decent humour to some of the awesome City fans chanting - the away end looked fantastic from the Stretford End, you can all be very proud of yourselves!!

I HATE MAN U, period...

I thought the CITY fans were absolutely brilliant! Just can''t believe how many "tourists" were in the stadium. I often wonder how many would be left if they would go down (which will never happen...of course).

Proud to be a City fan!!! On the ball!

They should offer a bit more verbal competition when they turn up at Carrow Road, after all, they should be able to cobble together a few true supporters out of that lot...

I was amongst utd supporters too. They only sang after they scored and it was just ''utd'' ''utd'' over and over, no originality there. Also heard a nursery rhyme afew times - knick knack paddy wack Whats that all about??

Our fans were brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In all fairness, us going to Old Trafford for the Yoonited faithful is probably like MK Dons coming to ours. And the MK Dons fans outsang us in that game....

The core Man Utd support is the best in the country without question. They can''t really help that their ground attracts x amount of Japanese tourists every week.

I just feel sorry for the real Man Utd fans. They used to have a club with supporters and now it''s a brand with customers.

I was at the game and I cannot believe how things have changed since I went to Old Trafford in the 70s and 80s. In those days the United fans in the ground were younger and much more passionate and used to go absolutely berserk whenever United scored. Now it''s like a day out at the Natural History Museum!

[quote user="forte"]The core Man Utd support is the best in the country without question. They can''t really help that their ground attracts x amount of Japanese tourists every week.

I just feel sorry for the real Man Utd fans. They used to have a club with supporters and now it''s a brand with customers.[/quote]Funnily enough, i feel rather inclined to question.

[quote user="forte"]The core Man Utd support is the best in the country without question. They can''t really help that their ground attracts x amount of Japanese tourists every week.

I just feel sorry for the real Man Utd fans. They used to have a club with supporters and now it''s a brand with customers.[/quote]Are they the ones who live south of Watford? Do they know enough songs not to repeat the one during 90 minutes of the game to keep you happy?

[quote user="forte"]They used to have a club with supporters and now it''s a brand with customers.[/quote]

Nail hit firmly on head. Brandchester United it is.

We parked at Lancashire Cricket Ground and walked up the road to old trafford, I''ve never seen so many stalls at the side of the road selling unofficial stuff. These were nearly all filled up by tourist supporters buying momentos from their day. It reminded me of people on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh flogging anything with Tartan to mug tourists.

No wonder then that there is a totally sterile atmosphere, I bet the true united fans hate it.

Thought City fans were great and it was one of the best away days I''ve been part of even though we lost I felt proud to support a proper club.

There was talk a few years back of having a ''home end'' at Old Trafford. A section set aside for fans from Manchester itself.

Unfortunately it was feared that if it was painted in the club colours many visitors might mistake it for a genuine old fashioned british telephone box.

I too was in the Stretford rd end........and all they sang about was Cantona ,Solksjear (spelling) and Giggs. It was the most embarrassing set of fans I have ever stood amongst.  The most noise they made was clapping the NCFC boys off.

To be fair only one end of our ground make a lot of noise. Having said that all you could hear on MOTD was City fans.